Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

Post by OneBardGooner »

Couldn't find a stream so went for a walk to a near-by beach (BIG Mistake) and listened to the game (Phone/Earphones) Even BIGGER Mistake.

It sounded like we had the majority of chances in the game, then as soon as Leno had to go off injured because of a dodgy challenge by Maupay, I "Knew 1,000%" that he would score the winner - Had there been a Bookies I'd have thrown a wedge on it. :cry: :banghead:

Since he was appointed I have been a supporter of Arteta, giving him the benefit of the doubt because we have some really shitty players - Not bought by him and he seemed to 'talk a good game', but he keeps playing players that shouldn't be near the 1st team and WHAT on earth must Martinelli do to get a game, or WHAT has he done to be continually left out by Arteta?

I didn't see the game, but from what I could tell listening, there is no way we should have lost it, and as they say if you can't win it just make sure you don't lose it, and that is precisely what we did.

He's not playing Martinelli, he's not playing Ozil - He seems to have a blind spot or something has happened behind the scenes, either way he needs to get it sorted; though of course it's too late for this season already.

There's no way the wig wearing CU.NT and his son are going provide the kind of money to buy the top quality players we desperately need and with Arteta beginning to look like a very poor version of Pep :(

The pain is set to continue and continue and continue and ..... :cussing: :cry: :suicide:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:20 pm
Fuck it before I go I'm having me another told you so moment.... :wink:

Getting rid of Wenger was never enough and not the right priority at the time. Wenger was the battle. Wiggy the war. Wenger was the symptom. Wiggy the disease. And here we are with Wenger gone and we are actually now far far worse than we were under Wenger and in a worse position.

We will never recover until wiggy is gone. The cùnt is killing our club.
This 1,000,000 %.

The wig wearing CUNTBAG, his son can go and fuckhimself up the shitter as well :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:08 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:06 pm
fcuking maupay mouthing off about our players now - :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Why didn't someone do him half an hour ago. Don't surround him at the final whistle. Do his ankle or knee during the game.
Fuckin' Right! Preferably Do Both - The dirty chopsy twatt! :banghead: :cussing: :box: SNAP THE CU.NT IN TWO! :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Fuck this I'm off out to spend 30 minutes punching the shit out of the heavy bag in the garage - or "rodders' missus" as it's also known.

Yeah I went there!! :shock:

:D :wink:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

You certainly DID! :high5:

Ohhh! My feckin' sides! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't think I could be cheered up after THAT ShyteShow...But Mate you have! :high5: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You’re spot on there One Bard, when a player does one of ours and escapes punishment you can be fucking sure he’ll end up scoring to fuck us over a second time :banghead:

I’ve backed Arteta more than most on here but the last two performances and team selections are starting to worry me big time. I expected a performance not a result at city but instead we were treated to a complete shit show with a strange team selection to say the least.

Has any journo asked him about Martinelli because that’s fucking bizarre considering the shit that’s getting picked ahead of him. 4 days back into the resumption and I’m already massively pissed off

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nice to see another genius decision by the super coach today - restoring Lacazette on the back of 20 minutes playing at a snail's pace at City.

In November there was real hope that Mustafi, Xhaka, Lacazette and Ozil were on the way out. This turdbag will have them all on new deals before long. Utter joke

Pepe's reward for the goal and drawing fouls from their defenders was to get hauled off for lightweight Nelson

Brilliant to see all those baffling decisions and lack of identity in the first part of the season replaced with consistent selections and a real sense of what our identity is!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Remember at the end of the chav cup final and Ox puts his arm around Rob Holding and shouts down the camera “this guy is the future of Arsenal”

Well it turns out he was fucking right......shite!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Small moan here about the referee Atkinson and his time keeping..Four minutes injury time..Brighton substitution in that four minutes in theory should mean an extra thirty seconds injury time. The goal was timed at 94 minutes and 17 seconds, another minute minimum should be added on..Arsenal won a corner on the resumption but were not allowed take it...Probably didn't matter on the day but surely time keeping is accountable.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I didn't get the chance to watch today(thankfully) but I did see the Leno incident and by the looks of things our bunch of pussies showed zero fighting spirit and let the *word censored* away with it. To perfectly sum up how shit we are, we've played Brighton four times between this season and last and our record is: P4 W0 D2 L2 - against fucking Brighton, there is definitely a relegation fight ahead in our not too distant future.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:06 pm
I didn't get the chance to watch today(thankfully) but I did see the Leno incident and by the looks of things our bunch of pussies showed zero fighting spirit and let the *word censored* away with it. To perfectly sum up how shit we are, we've played Brighton four times between this season and last and our record is: P4 W0 D2 L2 - against fucking Brighton, there is definitely a relegation fight ahead in our not too distant future.
When the incident happened, I said to my lad that if that was back in the days of Tony Adams, that c.unt Maupay would have spent the rest of the match shitting himself, being clattered and bashed about and probably subbed. In the modern day he was mostly being marked by Ballerina Bellerin - the full back who can't win a 50/50 challenge if his life depended on it, the vegan twat

Sure enough the snidey Maupay gets to laud it up over us. Only Guendouzi showed anything against him and that was after the final whistle !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

That was as frustrating as hell. This team hasn't got a fighter in the squad at all. No one stood up and dragged this team to victory which, I believe they deserved. They got cocky. Adams, Vieira, DB10, Fabregas, Van Persie would have stood up and be counted. None of the that team can. They go down when challenged not stand up.

Don't praise Guendouzi for doing maupay after the whistle. He came across as a petulant prick, not a tough guy.

A game we should've won. I'm not criticising Arteta as he does he shows the desire to win. This team is not his. Why are people complaining about his team selection? Saying picking the same old players. Who the fuck else is he going to pick?

This team rolled over and were too afraid to go in and win the game. Players with no character at all.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:31 pm
That was as frustrating as hell. This team hasn't got a fighter in the squad at all. No one stood up and dragged this team to victory which, I believe they deserved. They got cocky. Adams, Vieira, DB10, Fabregas, Van Persie would have stood up and be counted. None of the that team can. They go down when challenged not stand up.

Don't praise Guendouzi for doing maupay after the whistle. He came across as a petulant prick, not a tough guy.

A game we should've won. I'm not criticising Arteta as he does he shows the desire to win. This team is not his. Why are people complaining about his team selection? Saying picking the same old players. Who the fuck else is he going to pick?

This team rolled over and were too afraid to go in and win the game. Players with no character at all.
Were you saying the same when Emery was picking Wenger's players......or did you expect him to be able to replace all 25 of them in 2 transfer windows?

Since you ask, most people are baffled as to why Martinelli isn't playing - you know, the one bright spark who was actually doing something this season.

Arteta hasn't been dealt a great hand, granted. But perhaps he could make his mind up if its Nketiah, Lacazette, or Martinelli. Even when all the centre halves were fit, he fucked about with the partnership every time. One minute Ozil is flavour of the month, then he's out. Saka - is he a left sided player, right sided player or now a central player?

So, if you won't criticise any of the above, are you saying he's got a completely free pass to fuck about every single week without consequence?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta on BBC after the game:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53123489

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Arteta is absolutely fucking clueless. At least when he came in then it looked like we were trying to play a faster game with higher pressing and more intensity, even if we didn’t have the quality or fitness for it. The last two games have been as bad as anything under Wenger and some of the games pre-lockdown weren’t much better.

He is just guessing at team selections now. Xhaka and Mustafi continue to be guaranteed starters. Nketiah couldn’t get a game at Leeds but is somehow getting major game time for us. Aubameyang out on the wing, Lacazette has had a handful of good games since 2018 and hasn’t been fit enough for a long time but he was back in today, who knows with Pepe. Martinelli inexplicably behind Willock, Nketiah and Nelson in the pecking order, despite having more talent and effectiveness than all three combined.

We have no identity, no obvious strategy, no consistency. He was dealt a shit hand but fuck me he is making it worse.

Never the right appointment and he is showing it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:13 pm
Arteta is absolutely fucking clueless. At least when he came in then it looked like we were trying to play a faster game with higher pressing and more intensity, even if we didn’t have the quality or fitness for it. The last two games have been as bad as anything under Wenger and some of the games pre-lockdown weren’t much better.

He is just guessing at team selections now. Xhaka and Mustafi continue to be guaranteed starters. Nketiah couldn’t get a game at Leeds but is somehow getting major game time for us. Aubameyang out on the wing, Lacazette has had a handful of good games since 2018 and hasn’t been fit enough for a long time but he was back in today, who knows with Pepe. Martinelli inexplicably behind Willock, Nketiah and Nelson in the pecking order, despite having more talent and effectiveness than all three combined.

We have no identity, no obvious strategy, no consistency. He was dealt a shit hand but fuck me he is making it worse.

Never the right appointment and he is showing it.
He's also going to do to Saka, what Wenger did to the Ox - you're a full back, wing back, winger, midfielder.....I don't know, but if I fuck you around long enough I'll then be shocked when you don't commit your future to the club

We once had a manager who played the same way whether we faced Lincoln or Barcelona. We replaced him with someone who had a set way of playing but didn't have the players to do it, and then tried to changed it all too frequently......to someone who is genuinely winging it and making it up every week.

I ask any one of you - name his starting XI and system for the games against Southampton and Sheffield United.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ozil returns as captain for the next game and Pepe is replaced with Nelson......such is the absolute fuckwittery and desperation of the bloke