That shower of blarts A Sun 12th July KO 1630

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: That shower of blarts A Sun 12th July KO 1630

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Spuds are one highly persistently fouling team..
5 bookings and most for stopping us when a breakaway was on......Saka picked up one for dissent

missed an opportunity today...

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:54 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:37 pm
Have to say buddy that I thought that bellend was shit - doesnt look forward when he has the ball, and his pace has all but evaporated :shock: Cedric done more in his time on the pitch that bellend did in the whole game

We have 2 centre backs who want to defend (sokratis and holding) and peps coneman thinks that picking 2 guys who have no interest in defending (luiz and kolasniac) will make us stronger defensively :roll: Arteta is clueless and is right from the wenger footballing style over everthing else playbook
I’m hoping Cedric turns out to be a decent player because I’d happily cash in on Bellerin. He’s the Walcott of fullbacks; big reputation as a wonderkid but hasn’t developed since.

I don’t agree that Arteta is from the same playbook as Wenger though. That’s incredibly harsh. Arteta has been very pragmatic since he joined; getting the team working harder defensively and closing the gaping hole between defence and midfield.

Honestly, I think he’s done it reasonably well too when you look at the clusterfuck he has to choose from 😅

I agree kolasinac and Luiz can’t defend but sokratis is shite too so it’s not like he’s benching Van Dijk. He’s basically screwed whoever he plays

Personally I’d play holding but I’m not sure he’s that great either to be fair so swings and roundabouts.

I'm very much in the steve o school of thought - xhaka, luiz and kolasniac are what they are and are not gonna get fcuk all better no matter how much coaching they get. Play holding, guendouzi, maitland-niles etc and let them learn on the job - of course they will make costly mistakes along the way, but so will the c.unts that are there already and they have no scope to improve :roll:
Speaking for myself (and I think that most fans would be the same), I would be far more tolerant of a young player making a mistake than I would be for the players I have mentioned above - if they dont learn from their mistakes then all bets are off with them as far as I am concerned

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mistakes aren’t inexplicable when it’s Luiz, Mustafi and Kolasinac.

They are beyond shite and all walking disasters.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A great coach is prepared to make tough decisions and this is a defining transfer window for Arteta. All well and good wielding the axe to a temper tantrum youngster like Guendouzi, but do you have the balls to continue the Emery rebuild and get rid of absolutely useless *word censored* like Xhaka, Luiz, Mustafi and Kolasinac. If you haven't got the balls or want to hide behind budgetary factors then the club should swallow its pride and take Dyche from Burnley as I have no doubt that he would bomb all of those lazy, waste of space *word censored* even if it meant buying players from the Championship.

Hands up who doesn't think he could make a better defence?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:27 pm

100%

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:38 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:27 pm

100%
They'll all start against the Mickeys and he will expect something different. What did Einstein say about trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The problem is, Arteta doesn’t even WANT to get rid of most of them!!!!!
He’s just got Luiz a new contract, he’s talked up Mustafi no end and he loves Xhaka so the only one he’s likely to show the door is Colossusnatch. Arsenal are so fucked it’s not funny anymore!

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Like Brighton turned a nailed on win into a defeat,three total disasters at CB,Luiz given a new contract just sends out all the wrong messages.

Should not of lost today against a fellow mid table side because that is what we are.

Martinez has took his chance well in goal,looked the only player gutted at the end,alongside Tierney who looks a very good player to me no doubt he knows the meaning of a derby.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:53 pm
He’s just got Luiz a new contract, he’s talked up Mustafi no end and he loves Xhaka so the only one he’s likely to show the door is Colossusnatch. Arsenal are so fucked it’s not funny anymore!
And the bloke who got fired was bombing them all out and had us higher in the table than where we are now and had just won the Europa League group lol

Serves every impatient c.unt right now that we are stuck with the rest of the shite Wenger accumulated, plus Luiz who was another 1 year stop gap for Emery like Lichsteiner was before Saliba arrives

I don’t care if we had finished 14th this year if it had meant the start of something different. What I witnessed in our backline today was Wenger reborn and the club truly deserves it after the course they chose

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:05 pm
TeeCee wrote:
And the bloke who got fired was bombing them all out and had us higher in the table than where we are now and had just won the Europa League group lol

Serves every impatient c.unt right now that we are stuck with the rest of the shite Wenger accumulated, plus Luiz who was another 1 year stop gap for Emery like Lichsteiner was before Saliba arrives

I don’t care if we had finished 14th this year if it had meant the start of something different. What I witnessed in our backline today was Wenger reborn and the club truly deserves it after the course they chose
I'm starting to come around to the idea of gettin a Sean dyche type manager now.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This Aubameyang situation is a joke. Lacazette is unfit and has been Playing shit for as long as I can remember, Nketiah won’t make it as this level as long as I have a whole in my arse. The pundits today were genuinely scratching their head as to who could play up front with Pepe having gone off.

The bloke is like van Nistelrooy. He is a bit of a miserable prick and he is a fairly limited footballer who won’t offer that much around the pitch, even when he is playing well. But play him up front and he will score goals - good ones, what ones, ugly ones, scrappy ones, important ones, flat track bully ones.

You would have to be fucking insane to play these chumps up front ahead of him every fucking game.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:19 pm
This Aubameyang situation is a joke. Lacazette is unfit and has been Playing shit for as long as I can remember, Nketiah won’t make it as this level as long as I have a whole in my arse. The pundits today were genuinely scratching their head as to who could play up front with Pepe having gone off.

The bloke is like van Nistelrooy. He is a bit of a miserable prick and he is a fairly limited footballer who won’t offer that much around the pitch, even when he is playing well. But play him up front and he will score goals - good ones, what ones, ugly ones, scrappy ones, important ones, flat track bully ones.

You would have to be fucking insane to play these chumps up front ahead of him every fucking game.
And this is a bloke we allegedly desperately want to stay !!! Imagine how we’d treat him if we wanted him to go !

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Annoyed beyond belief. not so much that we didnt win, but that we let that shower win, as we are awful, but so are they.

This has given maureen the get out he so desperately needed, as they were dire and it papers over their cracks and boosts there confidence. I hate them even more with that prick in charge, all their wanky supporters giving it the biggen as well, short sighted *word censored*.

they should be in big trouble as they were just as shit as us, and have this huge debt, but we play with one hand tied behind our backs picking shite like luiz, that fat eastern european prick, xhaka, and the hopeless mustafi. everyone on here says the same, but we can never move on under any manager with these pricks stinking the place out. artetas faith in them means i have even greater reservations over them, and just wonder if its those above him insisting they play, worrying as it shows how weak arteta is and not a situation that will ever end well.

wont be looking at the papers or football section of bbc for a a few days now reading anout these *word censored*.

now leics are bottling it, i bet these cockchafers somehow sneak into the CL with citys ban, saving them as ever as they have the devils own luck.

we can only console ourseves that if they dont get in th CL they are royally fucked. i just feel they will sneak in somehow however unlikely it should be.

europa league wont help them much it will hinder their league. im not too fussed about misisng out on it as even though its ok money and makes a change from the tedium of domedtic matches, i think it does hinder teams.

FOYS

Clash

Post by Clash »

As a club we have been pushing the self-destruct button for over a decade now! We go into seasons with our hands tied. Bad luck doesnt come into it when you damage your own chances as often as we do!

Xhaka, Luiz, Mustafi, Kolasinac!
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Playing just one of those four in a game means you are asking for trouble. Doing the unthinkable and playing all four of them in every game .... well you deserve to lose just for sheer fucking stupidity!

Each one of those retards is capable at any moment, in any game, of making a catastrophic and costly fcuk up!

We have seen it time and time and time again! There is NO EXCUSE not to see this! Get them ALL out of this club at any cost at the end of this season!!

:banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:

The arteta supporters amongst us are selectively ignoring this fact and are choosing to cite a lack of options - we have options in the squad but arteta is CHOOSING not to use them. They may not be world class options but they are options that I would argue are BETTER OPTIONS than the c.unts that he is currently selecting, and the fact that he seems them here again next season (and possibly beyond that) should scare fans shitless