MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Club* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by rodders999 »

Calamity capers in the NLD on Sunday, membership renewals out on Tuesday, a guard of honour followed by a rinsing from the bin dippers on Wednesday and then to cap it all off obliterated by City who are putting 5 past everybody for fun at the moment on Saturday night.

That was the week that was :suicide:

arrgee

Re: Club* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by arrgee »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:28 pm
Calamity capers in the NLD on Sunday, membership renewals out on Tuesday, a guard of honour followed by a rinsing from the bin dippers on Wednesday and then to cap it all off obliterated by City who are putting 5 past everybody for fun at the moment on Saturday night.

That was the week that was :suicide:
It could well be the worst 7 days ever as an Gunner. Losing to scum, victims* and moneybags City. Can’t remember a worse time.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

That was the week that was

It's over , let it go !

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:04 pm

It's over , let it go !
Week starts on Sunday, ends on Saturday...

...it’s just beginning!

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:16 pm
A11M11 wrote:

It's over , let it go !

...it’s just beginning!
The first day of the week is Monday

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:43 pm
arrgee wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

It's over , let it go !

...it’s just beginning!
Err, the first day of a week is Sunday. That is why it was called Sunday. Because when the sun comes up it starts....

The first day of the week (for most), Sunday has been set aside as the "day of the sun" since ancient Egyptian times in honor of the sun-god, beginning with Ra. The Egyptians passed their idea of a 7-day week onto the Romans, who also started their week with the Sun's day...

Sunday was traditionally regarded as the first day of the week by both Christians and Jews. Following Jewish tradition, the Bible is quite explicit that God rested on the seventh day of Creation, which formed the basis for the Sabbath, the day of rest.
Even when Constantine made Sunday the Christian day of rest, thus giving it the traditional functions of the Jewish Sabbath, there was no question that Sunday remained the first day of the week.

wibble

Post by wibble »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:45 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
arrgee wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

It's over , let it go !

...it’s just beginning!
Err, the first day of a week is Sunday. That is why it was called Sunday. Because when the sun comes up it starts....

The first day of the week (for most), Sunday has been set aside as the "day of the sun" since ancient Egyptian times in honor of the sun-god, beginning with Ra. The Egyptians passed their idea of a 7-day week onto the Romans, who also started their week with the Sun's day...

Sunday was traditionally regarded as the first day of the week by both Christians and Jews. Following Jewish tradition, the Bible is quite explicit that God rested on the seventh day of Creation, which formed the basis for the Sabbath, the day of rest.
Even when Constantine made Sunday the Christian day of rest, thus giving it the traditional functions of the Jewish Sabbath, there was no question that Sunday remained the first day of the week.
All very well and good but it’s called the weekend for a reason :wink:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:45 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
arrgee wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

It's over , let it go !

...it’s just beginning!

Err i don't think you're meant to copy and paste things from other websites without giving credit, so let me do it for you. The stuff in bold is copy and pasted straight from thetylt.com to make you sound knowledgeable, but none of it actually matters. The international ISO 8601 standard has Monday as the first day of the week. The UK uses this standard. Deal with it 8)

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

wibble wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 pm
All very well and good but it’s called the weekend for a reason :wink:
Yes, because it ends on Saturday :D

The actual origins of the week are a bit vague, but until the ISO stuck their noses in, it was generally accepted the 7 day week began on Sunday. Well except in parts of the Middle East where it begins on Saturday...

... however for me the week has begun with the defeat by the scum and will end at Wembley.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 pm
Err i don't think you're meant to copy and paste things from other websites without giving credit, so let me do it for you. The stuff in bold is copy and pasted straight from thetylt.com to make you sound knowledgeable, but none of it actually matters. The international ISO 8601 standard has Monday as the first day of the week. The UK uses this standard. Deal with it 8)
Sorry I had meant to italicise that. Yes a copy and paste from elsewhere.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What have I started? :lol:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:30 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:

No need to apologise :) i just didn't want you to end up getting molested in DB10s basement if he had noticed :worried: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:02 pm

Quick put up some tits

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:42 am
arrgee wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:30 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:

No need to apologise :) i just didn't want you to end up getting molested in DB10s basement if he had noticed :worried: :wink:
Oh he noticed. And he was prepping the basement (or the "wet room" as it is also known) even as you typed. :shock:

But yes folks if you copy and paste written content please credit the original author and/or add a link to the original material.

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:02 pm
I don't know but I have got my son's home schooling sorted for the day.