MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by goonersid »

No Invincibles! No points record! Just another leicester city, one off winners of the shittiest prem lge ever! The Covid 19 champions!
Vermin bastards!

markyp

Re: MurderingBastards* who got all English clubs banned from Europe for five seasons H Weds 15th July KO 815pm

Post by markyp »

Will you ever see a more one sided game ever!!?if you didbt know it and had to guess which league we played in youd have thought possibly the div 3 such was the gulf, 98% possession to liverpool at one point in the match how is that even possible, even more so when you are supposed to be competing against teams like this! we are in dire need of some top quality ball holding/ playing midfielders , viera and petit will do nicely thanks. I liked artetas interview after the match , sounds like he isnt going to take any shit from the board, either turn your pockets out or I'm off!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Why the assumption that Leno walks back in .? Martinez has earned the gloves and should keep them unless we seriously want him to leave for the money we might raise. He is strong in the air , catches the ball and is a good penalty and shot stopper, taller than Leno and seemingly calmer .
Theres a lot about his manner that reminds me of Seaman.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

markyp wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:09 am
Will you ever see a more one sided game ever!!?if you didbt know it and had to guess which league we played in youd have thought possibly the div 3 such was the gulf, 98% possession to liverpool at one point in the match how is that even possible, even more so when you are supposed to be competing against teams like this! we are in dire need of some top quality ball holding/ playing midfielders , viera and petit will do nicely thanks. I liked artetas interview after the match , sounds like he isnt going to take any shit from the board, either turn your pockets out or I'm off!
2001 FA Cup Final was one sided, maybe not as much as last night, difference being last night Arsenal got lucky, in 2001 Arsenal were cheated and the FA Cup was literally handed to the Victims.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Ray C wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 am
Daylight robbery & we got away with it.
And filthy Scouse scum on the wrong end of it for once :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

How the fuck did "our mate trent" stay on the pitch!

Var didnt even look at it. If there is ever evidence that officials are biased then there it is.

*word censored* gets away with tackles like that all the time
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just watching that last second save by Martinez again and didn’t actually realise at the time what an absolute unbelievable save it was.

World class. The guy has been superb for us fair fucks to him.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 am
Just watching that last second save by Martinez again and didn’t actually realise at the time what an absolute unbelievable save it was.

without doubt deserves to keep his place.

it's refreshing not having my sphincter shrink to a 20 pence piece when I see an Arsenal keeper come out to catch a ball.

It has been 20 years since we've had two decent keepers at the club.

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:

And to whoever took that photo.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

If the victim's* keeper made that save it'd be all over the media as the greatest save ever from the greatest keeper ever in the greatest team* ever managed by the greatest mana-zzzzzzzzzzzz" [(c) SlySports] :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:

Are we talking about the finger tip save from the effort that got a slight deflection ?

For some reason I can't see the picture you've posted Rodders. It just shows the word "Image", with an emoji type small picture of an image next to it. Any idea why I cant see it ? I'm the original Mr Technophobe. :(

EDit : Just checked my phone and the picture shows up on there. Fabulous save. I've got nothing against against Leno, but it's gonna be very hard to replace Martinez with him. Looks the most assured keeper we've had since the late 90s, before Seaman started to lumber around like a music hall drunk for his final 4 years.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Are you looking at it on a work PC Retro? It might be blocked on that, it is on mine! Try your phone.

Yeah it was that save right at the death that hit someone's hole, bounced into the ground and flew towards the corner.

See the clip here.......look at his starting point......what a fucking save :shock:

https://twitter.com/chungusmama1425/sta ... 28352?s=21

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:50 am
Are you looking at it on a work PC Retro? It might be blocked on that, it is on mine! Try your phone.

Yeah it was that save right at the death that hit someone's hole, bounced into the ground and flew towards the corner.

See the clip here.......look at his starting point......what a fucking save :shock:

I thought it was an excellent save at the time - in normal time, but seeing it in Slo Mo FUCKKKK Thta was Feckin' AWESOME!

H has been with Arsenal 10 years and now that his chance has come along he has seized it with both hands (pun intended) Leno shouldn't just step back in when he resumes playing - Not if Martinez has continued this kind of Brilliant Form.

ps: That trentCunt should have seen RED for that Foul on Saka....he's a dirty cunnt - Yes, I know all scousers are dirtyCunts - but he still should have been RED Carded...alas! LiVARpool are sponsored by VAR so watcha gonna do. :cry:

Nice to know those robbingFuckers letting fireworks off outside the bowl last night had a LOSERS! journey back to their Hovels. :D :D :D :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:50 am

Thanks Rodders. Just watched the clip...that really was a fantastic save when seen from that angle.

I realised last night that it had a deflection, but didn’t know it moved as much as that and it skids off the turf like lightening. Definitely going in until he gets his finger tips to it. Take a look at the players...a few of them from both sides think that’s going in and give an involuntary little hop in the air....even Xhaka, who normally needs 10 minutes to move that much.

That save should be replayed all over the media from that angle, but it won’t be of course. Hopefully that twitter vid will go a bit viral.

I’ve always liked Leno, but if Martinez carries on like this, he’s got to be our number 1. Commands the box, strong in the air and excellent handling...he actually catches the ball instead of parrying it away. Haven’t seen any keeper do that for years.

wibble

Post by wibble »

rodders999 wrote:

Great save! He’s been solid for us since he came in although we might have been talking in less glowing terms had the one he hit off firminho gone in instead of hitting the post!