Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

Post by Midz »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:41 pm
For the first time in a long time i cannot raise a real criticism against a single player in our team :shock:
Absolutely!!

I was expecting a bashing and am very pleasantly surprised. Well done Arsenal.

OneBardGooner

Re: Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:50 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:47 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:45 pm
More of that and I'll get behind Arteta.

Luiz and KT were brilliant today.

KT looking a steal

Still not for me - team selection was shit again, but the dogged attitude of the players, allied to a lazy arrogance from citeeh players, got us through a game where we should not have had a hope
I honestly think you are incapable of admitting when you are wrong Augie.

I'm wrong based on what ? One game ? Mustafi is now the modern day baresi is he ? Xhaka is the new PV4, and pires and freddie were nowhere near as good as pepe is :roll:

We turned in an excellent gutsy performance, exactly the type of performance that I love, and we absolutely deserved the win - dont mistake that as a vindication of arteta though
So who chose the team?

Who decided on the tactics?

Who Won?

You don't think Arteta is the right manager for AFC a you keep reminding us all, tonight he played the perfect game with the limited choice that he has at his disposal, THAT alone tells you he has the ability to manage a lesser talented team to beat a more talented and well drilled team, tonight is "Another" example of his abilities as Manager...he will improve as we shall as a team - Yes, there will be bumps in the road, but I have confidence in him as a manager, just because you don't is fine - BUT you couldn't wait to come on and dis him.

It's really very egocentric and just shows that no matter what he does or how well we do you will not allow your pre-determined, entrenched and judgmental opinion to waver one iota.

It's just sad.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Great to beat city but bittersweet when you realise as a fan you won't be able to go to the final...
Last edited by NickF on Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:58 pm
If Chelsea and man Utd get Europe do we get the FA cup spot?
Confirmation from Premier League rules that FA Cup final losers will not qualify for Europa League:

"If the FA Cup winners finish in the top 5 of the Premier League, their EL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competition in the PL."

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Nah the FA cup runners up get fook all

Not being funny but I am not expecting it to matter either way - I wanted either chavski or manure in the semi final cos I felt we could beat either of them, and I still think that we will turn them over in the final 8)
Beating either would be sweet but as I said above that horrible night in Baku last year is still a fresh wound for me so would love to settle the score with the chavs.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

shu wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:53 pm
Thanks clummo for the but link :barscarf:
My pleasure! :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:19 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:58 pm
If Chelsea and man Utd get Europe do we get the FA cup spot?
Confirmation from Premier League rules that FA Cup final losers will not qualify for Europa League:

"If the FA Cup winners finish in the top 5 of the Premier League, their EL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competition in the PL."

Big Poppa Roddaz cleared that up 4 pages ago FFS :roll:

:wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

g88ner wrote:
Could be wrong but an added bonus of winning the FA cup is we would take away a Europa Cup qualification place from the 7th place premier league team. So that could mean Sp*rs missing out :lol:
That would actually be better than finishing above them in the league :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Nah the FA cup runners up get fook all

Not being funny but I am not expecting it to matter either way - I wanted either chavski or manure in the semi final cos I felt we could beat either of them, and I still think that we will turn them over in the final 8)
We have beaten both in FA cup finals this century and tend to beat Man United in finals (although not semi finals).

The past means nothing in truth but if we get Man Utd then either they equal our record of 13 wins or we can go two ahead :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Great to beat city but bittersweet when you realise as a fan you won't be able to go to the final...
I wonder though if a few fans might actually get to go to the final.
They are trialling a few sporting events next month. On the same day as the FA Cup final 5,000 spectators are being allowed into Goodwood racecourse. Surely they.consider a few thousand at Wembley ?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:26 pm
NickF wrote:
They are trialling a few sporting events next month. On the same day as the FA Cup final 5,000 spectators are being allowed into Goodwood racecourse. Surely they.consider a few thousand at Wembley ?
Think you can safely guarantee that if they did trial a few thousand it wouldn't be to the ordinary supporting public.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:26 pm
NickF wrote:
To be honest I think 5,000 fans (or a reduced number) in an 80,000 stadium would be worse than having none.

Today was the first time I became so engrossed in a game that I actually forgot there were no fans there.
Last edited by Clash on Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I'm astounded at that tonight :shock: fuck me :shock: what a performance.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If this is how we're going to do it these days, digging in, working hard, taking our chances when we get them and winning against the odds, then fucking hell, I'm all for it.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Brilliant win,unexpected which makes it all the sweeter.

Lovely to get to another final,been a shit season but all to a man turned up tonight :barscarf: