Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

Post by shu »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:32 pm
I'm astounded at that tonight :shock: fuck me :shock: what a performance.
Yes a really surprising result , what have been a good double bet , midweek and today :barscarf:

augie

Re: Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:19 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:50 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:47 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:45 pm
More of that and I'll get behind Arteta.

Luiz and KT were brilliant today.

KT looking a steal

Still not for me - team selection was shit again, but the dogged attitude of the players, allied to a lazy arrogance from citeeh players, got us through a game where we should not have had a hope
I honestly think you are incapable of admitting when you are wrong Augie.

I'm wrong based on what ? One game ? Mustafi is now the modern day baresi is he ? Xhaka is the new PV4, and pires and freddie were nowhere near as good as pepe is :roll:

We turned in an excellent gutsy performance, exactly the type of performance that I love, and we absolutely deserved the win - dont mistake that as a vindication of arteta though
So who chose the team?

Who decided on the tactics?

Who Won?

You don't think Arteta is the right manager for AFC a you keep reminding us all, tonight he played the perfect game with the limited choice that he has at his disposal, THAT alone tells you he has the ability to manage a lesser talented team to beat a more talented and well drilled team, tonight is "Another" example of his abilities as Manager...he will improve as we shall as a team - Yes, there will be bumps in the road, but I have confidence in him as a manager, just because you don't is fine - BUT you couldn't wait to come on and dis him.

It's really very egocentric and just shows that no matter what he does or how well we do you will not allow your pre-determined, entrenched and judgmental opinion to waver one iota.

It's just sad.

Limited options yes, but better options than mustafi and xhaka ?? Abso-fcuking-lutely, and one outstanding win does not change that for most fans. The beauty of the cup is that form or quality often goes out the window - does the fact that mustafi did well against sterling tonight mean that he is better than the diving cheat ? Do you think xhaka will do as well against de bryune and silva in the future ? Why then does tonights win make arteta a good manager ?

You are a hypocrite - I have seen the comments you have made on players and managers on here in the past (as is your right), but like most condescending dicks, you express moral outrage when someone expresses it against someone you like :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:24 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Nah the FA cup runners up get fook all

Not being funny but I am not expecting it to matter either way - I wanted either chavski or manure in the semi final cos I felt we could beat either of them, and I still think that we will turn them over in the final 8)
We have beaten both in FA cup finals this century and tend to beat Man United in finals (although not semi finals).

The past means nothing in truth but if we get Man Utd then either they equal our record of 13 wins or we can go two ahead :barscarf:

I would fancy a front 3 of auba laca and saka against either the manure or chavs defence, cos both are absolute shite

Not sure how confident I would be facing manure's forward line with our bumbling defence who surely wont be able to have two great performances in a row.
Chavs forward line is nothing to be feared either - the chavs are on the verge of being one of the weakest teams ever to get top 4

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well fuck my old boots - just when I thought we would never see the like again, along comes a performance to rival anything over the past decade. If David Luiz produces anything close to that again in an Arsenal shirt, I will more than likely wake up from the dream

If that performance didn't highlight the need to virtually pay Auba what he wants to stay then I dont know what will. The man is an absolute natural - to fluff a chance like he did, but then score one twice as hard a couple of minutes later is the hallmark of an absolutely top drawer player who always backs himself. One would have to ask who on earth we could attract who would be half as good?

Roll on the final - we always beat the Chavs and Man Ure in FA Cup finals so I couldn't give a shit who we play!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Brilliant performance from the whole team and the pro footballers and coaches who have worked with and who rave about Mikel and his coaching methods are normally the best judges and I think we have seen over the last few days they might be right

Fingers crossed

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Image of the team celebrating Tierney is giving the finger.

What are the chances the PC FA ban him for it?
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:23 pm
Image of the team celebrating is giving the finger.

Then Tierney apologised and got a reply from a fan in hospital with cancer who said the middle finger meant fuck cancer. Tierney replied saying that’s what he meant and is going to send his match shirt from tonight to the guy.

Fucking love him.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:28 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Then Tierney apologised and got a reply from a fan in hospital with cancer who said the middle finger meant fuck cancer. Tierney replied saying that’s what he meant and is going to send his match shirt from tonight to the guy.

Fucking love him.
Seems like a decent fella

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Fucking love him.
He's almost my favourite Jock.....if it wasnt for Falkirk :D

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Not pretty at all especially 2nd Half but who the fuck cares. How many time me have we been done like that over recent years? Great to see the boot on the other foot. Shithoused our way past the champions* and the best team in the league and cup holders all in the same week.

Bring on the final :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:35 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Fucking love him.
He's almost my favourite Jock.....if it wasnt for Falkirk :D
:D :barscarf: Its good to have a quality player(there aren't that many to choose from to be fair) :lol: from up here in our team 8)

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Ray C wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm
2-0 to the Arsenal - rolling 'one' as we speak ! . :barscarf: :barscarf:
Should have had just 'one'. Fell asleep for the second half. Just watched the replay - gutsy effort !. COYG. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Brilliant performance, when Luiz and Xhaka are outstanding against a total footballing side like City you know it is your day . The second half horror of the NLD is consigned to history but more importantly looks like it has been learned from. Started slowly but in that first ten to fifteen minutes Xhaka had possibly his best cameo in an Arsenal shirt. His positional sense was uncanny and rather than pointing at space he was filling it When Aubameyang missed the first, and easier , chance Ithought our hopes had gone too Shouldn't base a game on one moment early on in the game but at that point I felt we won't get another chance and will regret this miss. Defence gave us kittens with their short play but in reality they were confident doing it even if I wasn't
Second half we conceded a bit to much ground, Aubameyang has two chances early in the second half to play killer passes but didn't make them. City did miss chances, particularly Sterling, enough to suggest the impossible was possible Second goal was brilliant, Pepe and Tierney to Aubameyang, who I thought had delayed a fraction to long but he knew better.
Excellent performance, got a bit of luck, but you need that to hold City scoreless More importantly it was a performance of guts and courage and desire.Things we haven't always seen in an Arsenal team. The set up was impressive, like Liverpool on Wednesday we allowed them the ball but didn't allow them to move us out of our shape. Top marks to Arteta, Maitland Niles seemed a gamble but based on playing against a winger who cuts inside it was a great decision
It felt like watching Arsenal last night.

shu

Post by shu »

A real buzz here in the land of the six fingered hand . :D
Enjoy today but as we know with our defence expect it all to end in tears or maybe , just maybe we will be mocking the Spuds yet again come August 1st :barscarf: