Wenger book - My life in red and white

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Wenger book - My life in red and white

Post by the playing mantis »

Not seen a thread on this, but anyone going to purchase it.

Much as i dont want to line his pocket i think it will be an interesting read. i wonder if it will be all crazy modern wenger or some sense before he lost the plot.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/my-lif ... 1474618243

IW8Goalmachine

Re: Wenger book - My life in red and white

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

He missed a trick not releasing this when everyone was rushing for toilet roll

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I’ll definitely buy it.

I’m sure it’ll be an interesting read as there’s just so many memories but I suppose it’s inevitable he’ll defend and justify his actions and leave it at that, so I’m sure there will be times I’ll want to chuck the book over the balcony!

My only hope is, now he’s moved on, he’ll speak honestly about his relationships with players and owners but, as he’s in FIFA, I’d imagine he’ll remain diplomatic so I’m not expecting an explosive read unfortunately.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:26 pm
He missed a trick not releasing this when everyone was rushing for toilet roll

:lol: :lol: ^^^This.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I won't be buying or reading it..a guy in my work says his brother(a dirty leeds fan) is getting him it for his birthday..he asked if I wanted a read after him,I said no ta :lol: it'll be missing a few pages if he gives it to me :oops: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

In two minds about it..Will it be a catalogue of what nearly happened like players nearly signed or trophies nearly won.. I would like to read his views on the difficulties he faced when he came to Arsenal, the unfounded allegations and his row with Fergie etc..However would it descend into a blur of excuses ?
Maybe like his tenure at Arsenal, the first half of the book would be worthwhile.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

It’s a must read for me, hopefully some humility and honesty regarding the latter years!
And a chance to judge and assess where it started to go wrong!
I hope he tells the truth, maybe even exhonerate himself to some extent!
He will always be our most successful manager, yet I doubt there has been a manager anywhere in football so successful but despised by so many of the fans of the club he served!
It’s on my xmas list!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If he tells the truth about what was going on at the club from 2006-2018, I might be interested but I imagine it'll be a load of delusional nonsense about how everyone else was wrong and he was treated badly by the fans and how he should still be manager.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Fuck him and fuck his book!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is it a book about wine and he finally admits he's a pisss artist!?

Naaah! Thought not. :?

As if he hasn't got enough money already after stealing from us for the last 8 years he was in charge, or if all the proceeds were going to a charitable / good cause. Yeah right! :roll:

I would be shocked if he told the truth and let the skeletons out of the cupboard, but that's not his style. He was ever the one who claimed loyalty, all in the cause of lining his pockets of course.

I agree fuckHim and his book.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Really not looking forward to this monstrosity being released :banghead:

I sure as hell wont be buying it but I also know that it will be impossible to avoid seeing all the extracts that will be appearing everywhere. And I already know its gonna open old wounds because it will be packed with lies, excuses and delusion. Followed by all his sycophantic hordes re-emerging to defend him all over again as they buy every single word :roll:

Absolutely no chance will Wenger ever be humble enough to hold his hands up to the multitude of things he got wrong after we left Highbury. I can accept people making mistakes if they acknowledge them and try to learn from them ... but the denial and blaming everyone but himself for everything that went wrong (including the fans) was why I grew to despise and resent him so much.

Why the f--k is Wenger writing a book anyway? He hardly needs the money. All I can see is it causing division just like his final decade. I just wish he would disappear and live out the rest of his days in private so we never had to hear from him ever again.

:banghead: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:01 pm
Really not looking forward to this monstrosity being released :banghead:

I sure as hell wont be buying it but I also know that it will be impossible to avoid seeing all the extracts that will be appearing everywhere. And I already know its gonna open old wounds because it will be packed with lies, excuses and delusion. Followed by all his sycophantic hordes re-emerging to defend him all over again as they buy every single word :roll:

Absolutely no chance will Wenger ever be humble enough to hold his hands up to the multitude of things he got wrong after we left Highbury. I can accept people making mistakes if they acknowledge them and try to learn from them ... but the denial and blaming everyone but himself for everything that went wrong (including the fans) was why I grew to despise and resent him so much.

Why the f--k is Wenger writing a book anyway? He hardly needs the money. All I can see is it causing division just like his final decade. I just wish he would disappear and live out the rest of his days in private so we never had to hear from him ever again.

:banghead: :banghead:
Yep, no interest in reading his lies, excuses and lack of humility to admit what he got wrong ( there was plenty )

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Might be interested in a chapter about his relationship with Riley , Poll and Webb amongst others.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

This x 100

Very few autobiographies are open and honest, and no way will mr sensitive bare his soul in this and it will be all pc :roll:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm
I concur wholeheartedly and i concur wholeheartedly :barscarf: