ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:50 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:14 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:02 pm
Hang on Augie, you say that Arteta doesnt seem interested in young talent but correct me if I'm wrong but Saka, Nketiah, Willock, Pepe and Nelson (less so) have all had fairly regular game time under him. Martinelli is injured so we have no way of knowing how much he would have played, in fact Guendozi seems to be the one youngster who has been fully frozen out.

Would you agree that maitland-niles and guendouzi are certain departures this summer, and that holding and nelson could go too ?

How much game time has saka got in last 4 games ? Minimal I'd say.

Martinelli got zero game time in first 2 games after restart - two of the worst performances of the season and yet he couldnt get even 5 seconds on the pitch
I'm PRAYING that AMN and Willock and Nelson all go. They are all pubbers. All shit. And AMN doing one thing right every fifth game does not mean he has "potential". He's as shit as the others. Fuck them. :roll:

You are reading waaaay too much into the Martinelli thing augie. Maybe just maybe Arteta realises Martinelli is the ONLY young player we have with a future at the top level and was trying to ease him in? Then he got injured. That was just bad luck.

You have a decision in the summer - you have to pick one of these only

If one of these players was to be sold in the summer, would you prefer to sell xhaka or maitland-niles ? If you say maitland-niles then you mod job and all the perks that come with it, should be removed on the spot
:lol:

If it meant never seeing Xhakatard in an Arsenal jersey ever again I'd make AMN captain and sign him for life. And bring back Comedy Iwobi. :lol:

All joking aside buddy, that is exactly the point I am continually making - maybe some of our young players will never be good enough to play for us, and maybe some wont even be good enough to play for crystal palace, but right now the likes of xhaka, mustafi and kolasniac should be out the door waaaaay before them. Getting rid of the younger players first tells me that arteta rates xhaka and mustafi and there really is no excuse for that imo

ps Does this count as another tower post ? :rubchin: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @footmercato, Barcelona have proposed to sell Coutinho to #Arsenal for €50m plus Guendouzi. Arsenal are not tempted by that. Barcelona are also willing to do a swap deal for Guendouzi with both Rakitic & Vidal going to Arsenal in exchange for the Frenchman. https://t.co/bdfNb2viSa

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:41 pm
According to @footmercato, Barcelona have proposed to sell Coutinho to #Arsenal for €50m plus Guendouzi. Arsenal are not tempted by that. Barcelona are also willing to do a swap deal for Guendouzi with both Rakitic & Vidal going to Arsenal in exchange for the Frenchman. https://t.co/bdfNb2viSa

Hmmm, interesting.......so I can see it, Augie can see it and surprise, surprise, Barca can see it, but plenty of Gooners, including on here, don't see what this young guy brings to the party, or what potential he might have. They think Xhaka is a better option...... :rubchin: :rubchin:

:banghead: :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I love this kind of stuff, Barca are interested in him so he must be good, ffs they bought song and hleb off us,so by that logic they must have been good too.

For my tuppence worth I don't see anything in the guy either but I don't think Xhaka is the option either.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:33 pm
I love this kind of stuff, Barca are interested in him so he must be good, ffs they bought song and hleb off us,so by that logic they must have been good too.

For my tuppence worth I don't see anything in the guy either but I don't think Xhaka is the option either.

So if it was your decision and you had to sell one of them this summer, would you rather sell xhaka or guendouzi ?

I'm hitting the crib now (5.45am comes around fast :cry: ), but I shall be checking your response first thing in the morning :wink: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

So if it was your decision and you had to sell one of them this summer, would you rather sell xhaka or guendouzi ?

I'm hitting the crib now (5.45am comes around fast :cry: ), but I shall be checking your response first thing in the morning :wink: :lol:
That's a no brainer Xhaka, but if we were offered very good money I'd sell Guendouzi as well

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I don't disagree with many on the list above, but as I've said before I believe it is who we can get rid of rather than who we buy. Dismissing the youngsters as not being up to scratch is a lazy premature statement. They still have 3-4 years to improve. I don't know why we dismiss their quality so quickly? Look at Gnabry. The same was said about him as has been said about Nelson. Patience is needed.
We have 12 defenders in the first team squad, 10 midfielders and only 3 forwards. I think we have the defenders at the club to be more consistent when fully fit. I'd only focus on 2 signings for our midfield/attack.
Sell about 8 of the squad if we can, ozil, mustafi, sokratis, guendouzi, mavropanos, mhkitaryean, bellerin, xhaka (although he won't) and lacazette.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fuck off

:lol: Well, I can’t argue with that, although I wasn’t a huge critic of hleb.

I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see how his career develops. I think he’s already a very useful player and has time to develop and improve. My bet is that he’ll have a good career at better clubs than ours.

We’ll see.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Hleb was a frustrating player, capable of great play but didn't seem to have alot of end product

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:47 pm
Hleb was a frustrating player, capable of great play but didn't seem to have alot of end product
That was peak fucking dribble in the opposition box shit, wasn't it? The number of fucking times we had a five on one situation ten metres into the opposition half and still managed to fuck it up. It was when Wanker started to get obsessed with his own personal myth and sacrificed the team's chances of success for his own personal vanity.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:50 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Would you agree that maitland-niles and guendouzi are certain departures this summer, and that holding and nelson could go too ?

How much game time has saka got in last 4 games ? Minimal I'd say.

Martinelli got zero game time in first 2 games after restart - two of the worst performances of the season and yet he couldnt get even 5 seconds on the pitch
I'm PRAYING that AMN and Willock and Nelson all go. They are all pubbers. All shit. And AMN doing one thing right every fifth game does not mean he has "potential". He's as shit as the others. Fuck them. :roll:

You are reading waaaay too much into the Martinelli thing augie. Maybe just maybe Arteta realises Martinelli is the ONLY young player we have with a future at the top level and was trying to ease him in? Then he got injured. That was just bad luck.

You have a decision in the summer - you have to pick one of these only

If one of these players was to be sold in the summer, would you prefer to sell xhaka or maitland-niles ? If you say maitland-niles then you mod job and all the perks that come with it, should be removed on the spot
:lol:

If it meant never seeing Xhakatard in an Arsenal jersey ever again I'd make AMN captain and sign him for life. And bring back Comedy Iwobi. :lol:

All joking aside buddy, that is exactly the point I am continually making - maybe some of our young players will never be good enough to play for us, and maybe some wont even be good enough to play for crystal palace, but right now the likes of xhaka, mustafi and kolasniac should be out the door waaaaay before them. Getting rid of the younger players first tells me that arteta rates xhaka and mustafi and there really is no excuse for that imo

ps Does this count as another tower post ? :rubchin: :wink:
Yes mate, it’s another damn quote tower :x :lol:

Worryingly, Arteta’s recent comments about xakha and mustafi suggest they’re here to stay :(

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:47 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

That's a no brainer Xhaka, but if we were offered very good money I'd sell Guendouzi as well

See mc that is exactly the point I keep making on here when I oppose the sale of guendouzi, yet the vast majority keeping saying get rid - he may not be the finished product (I still believe in his potential), but he sure as shit as a better player than that swiss turd. People advocating the sale of players like guendouzi and nelson need to recognise that they are saying that they would have them gone ahead of xhaka and pepe, and that is shocking to me. Obviously I realise that many fans will want xhaka AND guendouzi gone, but if it is more likely that we will only sell 1 centre midfielder, then that focus should be squarely on that c.unt xhaka.
Sadly I believe that shit for brains arteta will keep xhaka and sell torreira and guendozi, and next season someone like partey will be expected to run the midfield on his own against 3 opposition players :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:40 am
See mc that is exactly the point I keep making on here when I oppose the sale of guendouzi, yet the vast majority keeping saying get rid - he may not be the finished product (I still believe in his potential), but he sure as shit as a better player than that swiss turd. People advocating the sale of players like guendouzi and nelson need to recognise that they are saying that they would have them gone ahead of xhaka and pepe, and that is shocking to me. Obviously I realise that many fans will want xhaka AND guendouzi gone, but if it is more likely that we will only sell 1 centre midfielder, then that focus should be squarely on that c.unt xhaka.
Sadly I believe that shit for brains arteta will keep xhaka and sell torreira and guendozi, and next season someone like partey will be expected to run the midfield on his own against 3 opposition players :roll:
I don’t believe most fans Would want Guendouzi gone under normal circumstances. He’s a young, talented player who was reasonably popular.

But context is key....

Because isn’t the main reason people are open to getting rid of Guendouzi because he’s been exiled from the squad with no sign of return and, if you believe the media, told Arteta he’d like to leave the club?

Rumours he’s been training alone for weeks now suggests it’s a relationship beyond repair.

If they sort out their difference then great but there’s no point keeping a player who wants to leave especially when their value will drop as their contract winds down.

Guendouzi was a reasonably popular player amongst the fans (certainly more popular than xakha!) but if he’s got no future here we should sell and reinvest the money!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Funnily enough "lack of end product" was exactly what I was going to say about him, so I agree with you on that Mc.

Btw, should a McDowell be referred to in abbreviated form as Mc, or as Mac (even though it's not Mac in the full spelling?). You might tell me that it shouldn't be abbreviated at all ! :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Funnily enough "lack of end product" was exactly what I was going to say about him, so I agree with you on that Mc.

Btw, should a McDowell be referred to in abbreviated form as Mc, or as Mac (even though it's not Mac in the full spelling?). You might tell me that it shouldn't be abbreviated at all ! :D

It's Mc, Retro