Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

Post by goonersid »

It may be cup final day, but it doesn’t feel like cup final day.
I’d be a hypocrite to call it anything other than a farce!
Football with no one present is not football.
Will the winner be recorded with an * ?
That said, if it has to be played out, then, rather us than them!
What I do hope for are further signs that Arteta is perhaps growing into the role and has the players he intends to keep, on his side.
This game will be background noise in my kitchen, will keep an eye on proceedings from the garden!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

It's cup final day, not feeling the same buzz but by 5.30 I'm sure I will. We have played these *word censored* twice and apart from a howler by Leno, we matched them home and away. The only thing I ask for is that we don't see a capitulation like in Bacu. Aside from that, just go at the *word censored*. Lampard's smug face should be enough motivation, what an arrogant wanker. Here's to Cup win no. 14 COYG :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Is it too early for a Cup Final beer??
As long as we play to our maximum what will be will be.
Good luck everybody.
She wore.....

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuck 'em. 1-0 to the Arse. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:02 am
What I do hope for are further signs that Arteta is perhaps growing into the role and has the players he intends to keep, on his side.
This game will be background noise in my kitchen, will keep an eye on proceedings from the garden!
Sid old buddy old mate I hope you won't take offence here but you really are a miserable cùnt. :box:

:lol: :wink: :wink:

Come on man it's cup final day! :barscarf:

A chance to win a trophy. And increase the cup winning record. 8)

COME ON YOU RIP ROARING GUNNERS!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Normally I'm glass half full guy, but not today.Europa final last year, chance to win a trophy, chance to get back in CL and blew it, today chance to win a trophy and get into europa league, and reckon we are going to blow it again.

This is 3rd final in last few yrs, humiliated in the League Cup against man City, humiliated in Europa league final, and reckon we are going to lose this today guessing a scoreline of 3-1 to them.

Which Arsenal turns up, the Arsenal that beat City in the semi final or The Arsenal that lost to villa. Without a doubt today we will have to put up with a David Luiz fuck up that will cost us, hope to never see Kolasinac wear an arsenal top ever again, the guy is not a footballer. Presumably we will start with Auba, Lacazette and Pepe, Pepe needs a huge game today but not sure that's going to happen. Martinez has played very well since he came in for Leno, but I just feel there is a mistake in him somewhere.You can be damn sure Giroud is going to score today, he will relish coming up against our defence, especially on corners and crosses into the box.

On a brighter note their defence is as bad as ours. Kepa is an average goalie but I don't expect him to start today.

Hope I'm wrong though.

COME ON THE ARSENAL

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jeeeez my stomach is like a washing machine on super-fast wotsit... :(

I understand the doubt and pessimism expressed by many and have also been of a similar frame of mind the closer we get to today's game BUT a Final is a One Off and can go either way, also it is a London Derby.

We all know there are two Arsenal teams:

The one where 9 out of 11 players don't get their game face on and the of course the known (accident prone) players who fuck-up and take the rest of the team and the fans down the toilet.

Or

The one where every player turns up ready to give their all and fight like warriors; just like we did in two of our recent games against what all would probably agree were Better Teams. regardless of the excuses some have made :roll:

If the latter team Turn Up 101% we can most definitely Win, even if the chavs turn up as well - we CAN win.

This could be the beginning of a New and Positive Chapter in our history, or another hard and depressing reminder of how far we have fallen? Not that a Win would paper over the obvious cracks, But it would be a step in the right direction under who I see as possibly being a very promising future manager.

I am glad Arteta is in charge for this rather than Emery, he has and can inspire and lift the team to play out of their socks, and he has the nous to tactically counter what fat fwank might have in mind.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Lunchtime on Cup Final day. Normally, I'd be finishing off a nice bacon sandwich, walking off to the station, sitting nervously on the train whilst thinking about everything that could go wrong on the pitch, then having that lovely feeling when you bump into other Arsenal fans going the same way, the singing starting at Baker Street, the tube change conundrum at Finchely Road, the first beer when you get off the train and see the sunlight again, the slightly drunk haze that kicks in after a couple because you're getting hungry, choosing to have another couple of drinks because, you know, it helps calm the nerves, checking that you've still got your ticket because now you've got a bit lightheaded and decide to go into the ground. Spend about twenty minutes wandering around the stadium trying to find the fucking turnstile then realising that it was about two metres away from where you started after walking up Wembley Way, getting in, deciding to have another few drinks because now you're in the ground and there's fuck all else to do and you might as well make the most of it, have some chips, miss the chips with thag press button ketchup they have, try again, hit someone on the arm with the ketchup instead and then wander off hoping nobody noticed it was you, go and find your seat, sit in it for a few minutes, decide everything seems OK but you need another couple of drinks just to get in the right mood. About two minutes before kick-off realise that you now need a piss and wish you'd gone half an hour earlier and now need to join a massive queue. Run back from the toilets, can't find your seat again as it's not a home match and you don't recognise anyone, panic a bit that you'll be that one that always seems to be carried to their seat by a kindly steward who everybody else mutters about being a fucking daytripper who knows fuck all about the game. Watch match, go mad at everything good or bad, hug strangers, need more to drink at half-time, go mad in the second half but know deep down you should have had some water to.drink because now you're feeling hot and dizzy and can't quite work out why the Royal Box seems to be on the wrong side of the ground to where it was last time, wander out the ground, join in more singing, wait about three weeks for a tube home, collapse into a seat, feel desperately sorry for the two or three old folk who have ended up on a tube full of football fans, get off at Baker Street or Waterloo and think, do you know what? I think I'll have a few drinks just to celebrate and wait for the trains to calm down a bit, stagger home a few hours later and wake up the next morning wondering why your head hurts and you're really fucking thirsty.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Fuck me Perry that is pure poetry...... and very true :barscarf: :wink:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

This cup final could be the death of me aaaaggggghhhhh

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Luiz will be absolutely all out to put one over on his former team mates. Won't he....he will won't he....??? :? :? :?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:52 pm
Luiz will be absolutely all out to put one over on his former team mates. Won't he....he will won't he....??? :? :? :?
He will be either hero or villain, might have a few quid on him to score.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:43 am
goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:02 am
Sid old buddy old mate I hope you won't take offence here but you really are a miserable cùnt. :box:

:lol: :wink: :wink:

Come on man it's cup final day! :barscarf:

A chance to win a trophy. And increase the cup winning record. 8)

COME ON YOU RIP ROARING GUNNERS!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I suppose so. :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:52 pm
Well, hopefully he'll put in a performance similar to the one he did against City after the calamity of his 25 minute cameo in the first game back, conceding a penalty followed by a red card. After his red card against chelski in january, hopefully he'll want to prove a point after getting booed off after his red card there.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:01 pm
Fuck me Perry that is pure poetry...... and very true :barscarf: :wink:
:D