Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Chavski *word censored* Fa cup final Sat 1st Aug KO 1730

Post by rodders999 »

Please give me something to be happy about today Arsenal PLEASE!!!

I’ve seen enough final defeats to do me a fucking lifetime - 3 European finals, 2 league cup finals and 1 FA Cup final (Henchoz :banghead: ) I haven’t it in me to suffer another today.

I wish it was a 3pm kick off so we would be nearly at kick off, another 2 and a half hours of shitting myself is not good for my health.

COME ON TA FOOOOOOOK :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

This is our 36th cup final in total. If we win it will be 18 cup final victories and 18 defeats.

Its also our 5th cup final v the Chavs (all this century). It currently stands 2 wins each so fucking COYG

I think we will win 2-1 (maybe aet) after going behind

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am
Lunchtime on Cup Final day. Normally, I'd be finishing off a nice bacon sandwich, walking off to the station, sitting nervously on the train whilst thinking about everything that could go wrong on the pitch, then having that lovely feeling when you bump into other Arsenal fans going the same way, the singing starting at Baker Street, the tube change conundrum at Finchely Road, the first beer when you get off the train and see the sunlight again, the slightly drunk haze that kicks in after a couple because you're getting hungry, choosing to have another couple of drinks because, you know, it helps calm the nerves, checking that you've still got your ticket because now you've got a bit lightheaded and decide to go into the ground. Spend about twenty minutes wandering around the stadium trying to find the fucking turnstile then realising that it was about two metres away from where you started after walking up Wembley Way, getting in, deciding to have another few drinks because now you're in the ground and there's fuck all else to do and you might as well make the most of it, have some chips, miss the chips with thag press button ketchup they have, try again, hit someone on the arm with the ketchup instead and then wander off hoping nobody noticed it was you, go and find your seat, sit in it for a few minutes, decide everything seems OK but you need another couple of drinks just to get in the right mood. About two minutes before kick-off realise that you now need a piss and wish you'd gone half an hour earlier and now need to join a massive queue. Run back from the toilets, can't find your seat again as it's not a home match and you don't recognise anyone, panic a bit that you'll be that one that always seems to be carried to their seat by a kindly steward who everybody else mutters about being a fucking daytripper who knows fuck all about the game. Watch match, go mad at everything good or bad, hug strangers, need more to drink at half-time, go mad in the second half but know deep down you should have had some water to.drink because now you're feeling hot and dizzy and can't quite work out why the Royal Box seems to be on the wrong side of the ground to where it was last time, wander out the ground, join in more singing, wait about three weeks for a tube home, collapse into a seat, feel desperately sorry for the two or three old folk who have ended up on a tube full of football fans, get off at Baker Street or Waterloo and think, do you know what? I think I'll have a few drinks just to celebrate and wait for the trains to calm down a bit, stagger home a few hours later and wake up the next morning wondering why your head hurts and you're really fucking thirsty.
:lol: :lol: brilliant

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm
Please give me something to be happy about today Arsenal PLEASE!!!

I’ve seen enough final defeats to do me a fucking lifetime - 3 European finals, 2 league cup finals and 1 FA Cup final (Henchoz :banghead: ) I haven’t it in me to suffer another today.

I wish it was a 3pm kick off so we would be nearly at kick off, another 2 and a half hours of shitting myself is not good for my health.

COME ON TA FOOOOOOOK :barscarf:
We'll be alright today, old boy. Don't worry, I think we'll do it 2-1. It won't be easy and we'll be put through a nervous evening, but, we'll do it.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Nerves building like everyone. Essential we score first otherwise our poor little darlings will crumble. Can’t help feeling Arteta is gonna throw one or two surprises in the line up. Hopefully for the best. Don’t want Pepe or Kolasinac in the eleven. Few beers down already, fuckin 5:30 kick-off!

Clash

Post by Clash »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:05 pm
Nerves building like everyone. Essential we score first otherwise our poor little darlings will crumble. Can’t help feeling Arteta is gonna throw one or two surprises in the line up. Hopefully for the best. Don’t want Pepe or Kolasinac in the eleven. Few beers down already, fuckin 5:30 kick-off!
Against most teams I think that would be the case but this Chelsea side might become complacent when they're in front so I still think we can come back and win if we concede first.

Totally agree with you about Pepe and Kolasinac not starting though. Especially the latter. We need as much as possible to go right for us today so lets not sabotage our chances by starting with that moron.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

She wore
She wore
She wore a yellow ribbon
She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of......August :shock:

And when, I asked, Oh why she wore her ribbon?

She said it’s for The Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley.

Wembley, Wembley,

We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley.

GET IN TA FUCKKKKKKK :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 pm
She wore
She wore
She wore a yellow ribbon
She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of......August :shock:

And when, I asked, Oh why she wore her ribbon?

She said it’s for The Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley.

Wembley, Wembley,

We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley.

GET IN TA FUCKKKKKKK :barscarf:
RIGHT ON Rodders!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeAPVlYDjOI

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal XI: Martinez; Holding, Luiz, Tierney; Bellerin, Ceballos, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles; Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang https://t.co/KwQaEeSBwD

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Chelsea XI: Caballero, James, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic, Giroud

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gotta feel for Saka after the season he's had. :?

Both playing 3 - 4 - 3

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Got to keep a look out for Pulisic and Mount. Both talented but both love a dive. Pepe starting so he owes us one!

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

No one's wearing suits - that's worth an asterisk.

Why do they show 'highlights' in a way that means that you can't see the action properly?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

I feel physically sick from pre-match nerves.

I just pray we beat the chavs today, but Giroud in the air against Luiz fills me with dread.
Last edited by Kingralph on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fuckk the NERVES!!!! :shock: :banghead: :oops:

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: