other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:52 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 am
Remember the ‘goal’ that Sheff Utd were denied at Villa due to technology not working? Wonder how Eddie Howe feels about that now? I know there were 37 other games but still..
What are you talking about old chap? VAR has solved all those old problems. :lol:
Oi less of the old (even though technically you’re correct!)
On here you are in good company mate. Mine included! :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Nice to watch the Chavs getting a nice little humiliation last night..I accepted Arsenal cannot say too much about heavy defeats against Bayern Munich, but I did enjoy that last night.
Hoddle was deflecting any blame from Fwank from early on by proclaiming the lesson to be learned by the Chavs was more important than the result.
Fancy Bayern to win this now. They have a strong balanced squad, part of me would like City to win it just to piss in the Victim's chips.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Some weird champions league games over the last few days.

I disliked pretty much every VAR decision. The Depay handball looked harsh considering his arm was tucked against his chest, the Messi “handball” wasn’t clear to me even after the millionth slow-mo and then there was the penalty against Juve despite the defender seeming to win the ball :lol: then there was the clear foul on Messi that took 5mins and the ref consulting the pitch side video before they finally gave it :rubchin:

Maybe further VAR viewing and thumbing through the rule book will prove those decisions correct but I fucking hate VAR with a passion.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:58 am
Some weird champions league games over the last few days.

I disliked pretty much every VAR decision. The Depay handball looked harsh considering his arm was tucked against his chest, the Messi “handball” wasn’t clear to me even after the millionth slow-mo and then there was the penalty against Juve despite the defender seeming to win the ball :lol: then there was the clear foul on Messi that took 5mins and the ref consulting the pitch side video before they finally gave it :rubchin:

Maybe further VAR viewing and thumbing through the rule book will prove those decisions correct but I fucking hate VAR with a passion.
Amen. 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Did Chelsea lose out on two Cups in the space of a week? :rubchin: :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 am
Did Chelsea lose out on two Cups in the space of a week? :rubchin: :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yes. Yes, they did. 8)

:lol: :barscarf:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

And Bayern were the last to come in on my cheeky little 8-fold acca. £5 paying £160 of your beautiful English pounds in the bank. Get on Bayern to beat one-man Barca this week. 6-5 with some bookies. Like buying money. (Hope I don’t regret that!)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

21 penalties for United this season :shock:

Is whiskey nose back in charge or what?

:roll:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Their players are coached in it and the refs are buying it again. They have a team of divers including the latest in Williams (a proper little weasel faced cheat, and just watch him foul every time he loses the ball) and Daniel James. Two young players who have been shown how to do it by Martial, Pogba, and Fernandes (the master). 21 in a season. Joke!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

Manchester Mike Reilly doing what he does best. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

No Rodders, BUT his spineless fergie cocksucking Gimp mike (utterCUNT) riley is in charge of the refs, so there you have it :? :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvOiHCviUuM

Click on the link and laugh along ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wolverhampton Wanderers looked a spent force last night. Apart from missing the penalty I cannot remember any other significant chance they had. Thankfully because Sevilla will be a much tougher test for Man U.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:55 am
Wolverhampton Wanderers looked a spent force last night. Apart from missing the penalty I cannot remember any other significant chance they had. Thankfully because Sevilla will be a much tougher test for Man U.
Not so sure. Yeah, Wolves looked like their year-long season had caught up with them, but I don’t think Seville showed a lot. Would love to be proved wrong and they spank the Mancs, but I have a horrible feeling the little Ork is gonna nick it.

wibble

Post by wibble »

goonertux wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:22 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:55 am
Not so sure. Yeah, Wolves looked like their year-long season had caught up with them, but I don’t think Seville showed a lot. Would love to be proved wrong and they spank the Mancs, but I have a horrible feeling the little Ork is gonna nick it.
Nah, Inter will beat them with their ex players combining to score against them