ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:21 am
According to ESPN, PSG do not want to pay #Arsenal's £35m valuation of Mattéo Guendouzi but could offer Julian Draxler or Idrissa Gueye in a player-plus-cash deal if they push forward on their interest. https://t.co/k7T1nckgit

I'd be happy signing him over partey and using the funds to buy Aouar

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal fans can "relax" about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's contract situation.

Mikel Arteta has spoken about Arsenal's transfer business.

👉 https://t.co/W1K9maz9fB

#bbcfootball https://t.co/apmNIiQ8g2

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @DuncanCastles, #Arsenal have upped their bid for Odsonne Edouard. https://t.co/nMnyatSPFV

DuncanCastles on #Arsenal’s offer for Edouard: "I understand, at present, that’s a verbal offer of £20m + £2.5m, they haven’t formalized it yet"

He also says that Alexandre Lacazette is in talks with both Atlético Madrid & Juventus.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive – Emi Martinez out of Arsenal squad to face Fulham so Bernd Leno starts. Brighton have joined Villa in the running and currently have the bigger bid. Transfer talks ongoing. Full story: https://t.co/WWuHsNkPaO #AFC :cussing:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I will be gutted if Martinez goes.
Has clearly proved he is a better keeper than Leno

John F

Post by John F »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:15 pm
Same here.The last time we sold a goalkeeper(Jimmy Rimmer) to villa they went on to win the league and the European cup.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

John F wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:29 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Same here.The last time we sold a goalkeeper(Jimmy Rimmer) to villa they went on to win the league and the European cup.
How has he clearly proved he's the better keeper. :lol:

He has had a good run of games but hasn't shown what he can do over a full season with everything back to normal.

Even almunia has had decent run of games

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Looks like we won't get to find out .
For me Martinez is better with the playing out from the back , has better handling and is just as good at shot stopping . Ithink selling him will be a great mistake.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:08 pm
John F wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

He has had a good run of games but hasn't shown what he can do over a full season with everything back to normal.

Because, you ungrateful b.astard. he has had 15 very good performances in the 10 years he has been with us :lol: :lol:

Clearly I jest - I understand why some fans want to stick with him over Leno (even though I dont agree) cos he has had a good run since Leno got injured, but this outrage about Leno being picked ahead of him is, in my opinion at least, way ott. In my opinion there is very little between Leno and the martinez of the last 6 months, but to hang your hat on a keeper who in 10 years with us has turned in 15 good performances is very risky, and tbh because we need the money I would be opting to sell him no question

augie

Post by augie »

Again we need money, so even though I like maitland-niles, either him or bellend has to go

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12646546 ... fer-offer/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
I think we are safe enough this time. :D :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:00 pm
John F wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
I think we are safe enough this time. :D :wink:

Anyway, they hardly ever mention winning the European Cup.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
John F wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Woahh steady on two games doesn't count.

John F

Post by John F »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:45 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
John F wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Because, you ungrateful b.astard. he has had 15 very good performances in the 10 years he has been with us :lol: :lol:

Clearly I jest - I understand why some fans want to stick with him over Leno (even though I dont agree) cos he has had a good run since Leno got injured, but this outrage about Leno being picked ahead of him is, in my opinion at least, way ott. In my opinion there is very little between Leno and the martinez of the last 6 months, but to hang your hat on a keeper who in 10 years with us has turned in 15 good performances is very risky, and tbh because we need the money I would be opting to sell him no question
I think the vast majority of Arsenal fans know Leno is a very good goalkeeper and feel comfortable with him in goal .I don't think Martinez is a 15 game wonder as at Reading on loan the fans loved him and he has continued that form with us.To be honest if a club has two very good goalkeeper s and one says play me or lose me then the choice has been made for for Arteta but we could at least offer him a better contract then Villa are offering him and if that is not enough sell him for a lot more then 20 million as he could the difference that stops them going down.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Signing Aoaur ahead of Partey would be a mistake IMO.

The CDM position has been a weak point of our team for years, now we have two decent prospects at CB, they deserve the defensive shield they need to thrive and prosper under the new regime. If we sort out the spine this year then I expect an improved league position, fewer goals conceded and more scored.