ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:02 am
TeeCee wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:26 pm
Rumours that Arsenal are talking to Rennes about Saliba going on loan for the season. He must be looking really shit if this is true? Did anyone actually watch him play or go by a video I wonder? Weird because lots of people said what a top prospect he is. Something is not right for sure.

Different stories coming out about potential loans for saliba -

1. He hasnt played much football in the past year through injury and co-vid closing french season early - we have league cup and europa league so he should get game time here to get him up to speed

2. Personal issues - I have made my feelings clear on this already, but what I will also say is that maybe if the guy is playing regularly it will help him and give him less time to be thinking about his loss. Playing and training with his team-mates will help him settle in quicker as well, so really he needs to stay here imo

Maybe I am being selfish cos I really want to see this kid play and I want to see us build a new defence instead of sticking with one that continues to fail, but I really dont want him to go out on loan and feel that he needs to stay

I forgot to mention that rennes have apparently signed ruggani on loan from juve so maybe they wont want him now anyway
I had high hopes for the centre back position this season but now it seems that the only addition who will actually play is Gabriel. We have no money apparently but spent 27m on a bloke who we are now going to loan out - WTF???

He's trying desperately to offload Sokratis, so that leaves us with Tierney, Holding and David Luiz as his partner options for Gabriel (assuming the fat Bosnian turd is being ousted too). Am I alone in thinking that looks threadbare and a bit shite?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

You forgot Mustafi :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Raul’s cluster fuck of a summer last year is really coming home to roost now. 72 million quid for Pepe and 30 for Saliba.

For a team crying out for improvement that’s 100 million quid down the shitter with nothing to show for it, one doesn’t start and the other’s going out on loan.

And a lot of the funds for those deals were pilfered from this summer’s kitty.

Gross fucking incompetence by the fat Barca c.unt :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:08 pm
You forgot Mustafi :banghead:
I was trying my best mate :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Is the bug eyed fucking bottle job really just going to hang about the place for the last year of his contract doing sweet fuck all?

It’s not even a case of him being out of pocket by leaving because we would make up the shortfall in his wages if he were to piss off somewhere.

I supposed he’s such damaged goods at this stage nobody would touch the prick with a barge pole and the fucker has zero interest in playing ball ever again.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Lyon announce that Aouar (and Depay) will be staying put :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Breaking | Houssem Aouar & Memphis Depay are staying at Lyon, the club announces to RMC Sport. All negotiations off.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 pm
Same old Arsenal, always giving hope...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:09 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Same old Arsenal, always giving hope...
Anyone think El Neny can be moulded into a creative maestro?

(If not we’re fucked).

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Fucking joke club, all boils down to the Kroenke's again showing fuck all ambition,

Josh not coming out with any quotes this summer says a lot.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
It's become something of a tradition now hasn't it - To give the fans The Hope That Kills.

www.JUSTFUCKOFFKROENKEYOUCUNT.Com

:cussing: :banghead: :cussing: :banghead: :cussing:

John F

Post by John F »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:08 pm
Breaking | Houssem Aouar & Memphis Depay are staying at Lyon, the club announces to RMC Sport. All negotiations off.
I wouldn't give just yet as Aulas is notorious for trying to get every penny.First of all the PSG link then Real Madrid now we are not selling.Could be an negotiating tactic.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

As soon as the prices of £45m for Partey and £54m for Aouar were announced, I knew we wouldn't be getting either of them

Just wait now for some substandard c.unt from the depths of Ligue 1 joining before deadline day, or a castoff/loan option from one of the big clubs eager to reduce their wage bill

Almost 10 years of Stan now

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I wouldn't give just yet as Aulas is notorious for trying to get every penny.First of all the PSG link then Real Madrid now we are not selling.Could be an negotiating tactic.
Totally agree mate. Aulas is a snake. If someone dangles 40-42m in front of him, he’ll drive Aouar to the airport himself!!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The prospect of a centre midfield of Elninny, Swissfannybulge (tm), Ceballos, Hilliermk2 (tm), a pissed off Guendozi and Bug Eyed bottle job stirs my loins...... :banghead: :suicide: