ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

Alvaro Montero on SSN saying Arsenal contacted La Liga to register transfer interest.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 pm
Hopes ?? I dont have no hopes -
Should be your epitaph that :lol:

:wink:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:22 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:52 pm
Sources in spain claiming that AFC have notified La Liga that they will be meeting partey's release clause
Being denied by Athleti sources though and Ornstein saying nobody is coming in, so don’t get your hopes up buddy. :banghead:
It hasn't, Athletic are giving Charles Watts credit personally. Ornstein has tweeted in this respect.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/stat ... 7973256197
Orny has changed his tune then as earlier he said no signings. It’s almost like these experts just make it up as they go along.... :roll:

nut flush gooner

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:22 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:52 pm
Sources in spain claiming that AFC have notified La Liga that they will be meeting partey's release clause
Being denied by Athleti sources though and Ornstein saying nobody is coming in, so don’t get your hopes up buddy. :banghead:
It hasn't, Athletic are giving Charles Watts credit personally. Ornstein has tweeted in this respect.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/stat ... 7973256197
Orny has changed his tune then as earlier he said no signings. It’s almost like these experts just make it up as they go along.... :roll:
That's because I suspect he didn't have the scoop. Charles Watts is defo one to follow.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

everyone saying its AFCBell on twitter some poster in the middle east, orny and dean (from telegraph) giving him credit.

all the other ITKs saying theyve been saying it all summer, conveninently ignoring they were wrong on aouar

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Fabrizio Romano one of these ITK journalists tweeted earlier - "Atlético Madrid have *not* received any attempt or bid from Arsenal for Thomas Partey. Atléti are still convinced he’s gonna stay. NO negotiations".

Hes getting roasted on SM. I think these guys are all full of shit and know nothing.

nut flush gooner

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:20 pm
Fabrizio Romano one of these ITK journalists tweeted earlier - "Atlético Madrid have *not* received any attempt or bid from Arsenal for Thomas Partey. Atléti are still convinced he’s gonna stay. NO negotiations".

Hes getting roasted on SM. I think these guys are all full of shit and know nothing.
Well it's on SSN now as a valid transfer, just need to get it over the line.

John F

Post by John F »

the playing mantis wrote:
bet he fails medical...

allegedly we have put hold on torreira move and will demand they sign him permenantly or not at all. funny if true as they over a barrel if we get partey as they have little time to sign a replacement so will have to give us good money for torreira. id personally still like him to stay and be the player he could be alongside partey...but where that leaves us creatively i dont know...those 2 behind ozil maybe?
Unless there is high hopes for Smith Rowe.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:50 pm
Team devoid of midfield creativity sign defensive midfielder.

As I said in the match thread yesterday if we are to blow our wad on one player before the window closes it has to be on a creator, so unless we've someone else up our sleeve for later on today or an "internal solution" :shock: we're still bollocksed.
I thought he was box to box just what we need?

John F

Post by John F »

Breaking news Ozil is staying at Arsenal and has agreed to take over the Gunnersaurus job along as he only has to walk round half the pitch.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

BFG4 wrote:

They don't need to negotiate , they contact la liga directly,

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

John F wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:29 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
bet he fails medical...

allegedly we have put hold on torreira move and will demand they sign him permenantly or not at all. funny if true as they over a barrel if we get partey as they have little time to sign a replacement so will have to give us good money for torreira. id personally still like him to stay and be the player he could be alongside partey...but where that leaves us creatively i dont know...those 2 behind ozil maybe?
Unless there is high hopes for Smith Rowe.
Exactly , also Willian moved inside yesterday when pepe came on.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

kolasnatch staying. ffs

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Charles Watts tweeting Arsenal will pay release clause for Partey

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:22 pm
BFG4 wrote:

Well it's on SSN now as a valid transfer, just need to get it over the line.
I worded this terribly, I meant the ITK jounalists like him know nothing. Rumour is the club tried to haggle over him a week or so ago as they hoped Athletico would accept a lower offer given they would have a week to find a replacement, where as now with the release clause being triggered, they're fucked.