ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:41 pm
Wilshere’s contract terminated by West Ham. A career that never was.
He's been fucked for years. Never really got going as a player and probably never will. If he's fit and not playing at a club like West Ham then he's probably left with few options and will end up at a club like Fulham or Brentford or Bristol City for 18 months before ending up wandering around once every six weeks for someone like Charlton or Gillingham.

John F

Post by John F »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:37 pm
I know a few on here want to see the back of Guendouzi but I think there's potentially a good player in there and it would be stupid to just discard him offhand. A one year loan away makes perfect sense to me.
When he matures not just mentally but physically he could have a lot of potential but I do not think he would want to come back to Arsenal.The only good part about a loan is if he proved himself he will attract more buyers and his fee will go up.

Midz

Post by Midz »

C'mon Arsenal get rid of some more deadwood!

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Midz wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:36 pm
C'mon Arsenal get rid of some more deadwood!
Like Stan and Josh Kroenke!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I hate being a Debbie downer but it hasn't been a great transfer window

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clummo99 wrote:
I know a few on here want to see the back of Guendouzi but I think there's potentially a good player in there and it would be stupid to just discard him offhand. A one year loan away makes perfect sense to me.

I've been saying this for ages Clummo. I don't know what he did on tour to upset Arteta, but he was still playing until the Brighton game. If he's being punished for grabbing the crafty bastard Maupay by the throat, then it makes no sense to me. Regardless of what he'd done before, sorting out Maupay would have earned him plus points if I were the manager.

I wish him well, always liked the guy.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:07 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... id-for-51m

Hopefully this will be a very good signing for the Arsenal. We've been crying out for a DM for a long time and he fits the bill by all accounts.
The unfortunate thing about this transfer is the fuckwits who deal with it from our club.

Partey is allegedly on £60K a week at Atletico. So why offer him £250K a week?
He was keen on a move to Arsenal so why not offer to double his wages to £120K / week?
He'd have to be keen on that you'd think, but no, our dickwads seem to love to spend all savings made on one deal rather than be smart with the money.

They get rid of the mascot to 'save money' but let's be honest, it's fuck all compared to the transfer market.

Absolute wankers!!

Have to admit, that's shocking if true. What sort of negotiating is that ?? I suppose it's what comes of allowing yourselves to develop a piss poor squad and then become so desperate that you'll offer anything to close a deal.

We lack an awful lot of expertise and knowledge at management level.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

AFCBell who broke the Partey news says the rumored wages are BS. make of that what you will

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:38 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
If he grows up and realises that if he doesn’t he might just be throwing away his career.

I will say again that his attitude and maturity wasnt a problem at all under emery, but as soon as arteta came in he got relegated to the bench behind a guy who told the fans to fcuk off twice and refused to apologise for it :roll: It's amazing that I have seen fans on here slate guendouzi for not apologising to arteta, but never mention the lack of apology at anytime in the past year from the useless swiss c.unt :evil: :evil: :censored:

I grew up in a different AFC era where there was consequences for any opposition player who tried to take liberties with one of our players - nowadays we brand them as trouble makers and bomb them out of the club. I'd say that if guendouzi could wind the clock back he would probably knock the sneaky maupay c.unt on his arse instead of just grabbing him by the throat - if you are gonna be punished as though you murdered the guy, then you may as well try and do it

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

10.57pm and nothing, Arsenal couldn't do this to us, could they?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc Atletico Madrid confirm Partey has left for Arsenal.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Looks like Partey is in. Have we got rid of any of the jumble sale tat?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:57 pm
10.57pm and nothing, Arsenal couldn't do this to us, could they?
You’ve got to fight, for your right, to Partey 🥂🎈👍🏻🍻

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Christ, bang on the deadline! Great signing,.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

no creative midfielder :(

ffs everyone's mate Harry is non stop plugging the scum to win the PL
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.