ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I don't know anything about partey apart from i usually have a massive hangover.

Good luck to the guy and Welcome to The Arsenal :barscarf:

Don't know why we couldn't have included torreira in the deal, it could have been a Partey exchange :lol: :oops:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:24 pm
any domestic creative players worth a punt?

talk of the bloke at brentford

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

They played poker and lost. Should have included Torreira in the deal two weeks ago and had time to replace Partey.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A fantastic summer transfer window, Auba, Gabriel, Mari, Soares, Willian, Cellabos (loan) and Partey. All good enough to be first team starters.
Soares has definitely given bellerin a kick up the arse. It is all starting to look like a proper team that can challenge.
Starting lineup of Leno, Bellerin, Gabriel, Luiz, Mari, Tierney, Partey, Cellabos, Willian, Aubameyang, Pepe subs Saka, Lacazette, Nketiah, Soares, Holding, AMN. We've got a team that can win trophies. Got to be favourites for Europa League now, then CL next season.
Wonder if we can get rid of a few to football league clubs.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:38 pm
goonertux wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:20 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:04 pm
no creative midfielder :(

ffs everyone's mate Harry is non stop plugging the scum to win the PL
Asked about us, spouts shite about the scum.
Asked about us again, spouts even bigger shite about Stratford Olympic being as big a club.
He is so full of shit.
ignoring the scum stuff did he actually say west ham were as big as us???!!!

what a cretin
Yes he did. They were big in the '60's and do/ did have the third largest core support in London.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:43 pm
They played poker and lost. Should have included Torreira in the deal two weeks ago and had time to replace Partey.
I concur 8) fuck the *word censored*..they acted the right *word censored* in that semi a couple of years back :rubchin: fuck the arsepieces :lol: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:43 pm
I concur 8) fuck the *word censored*..they acted the right *word censored* in that semi a couple of years back :rubchin: fuck the arsepieces :lol: :barscarf:
Edit it says on Pravda that torreira is away to them on loan,still fuck the fuckers though :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:11 pm
On a more positive note the signing of Gabriel spelled the end of Mustafi, now Partey joining means the end of Xhaka (although El Neny seems to have done that anyway :lol: )

If we were going to oust 2 players this window pretty much every Arsenal fan would have picked those two.

Biggest disappointment of the window for me was not being able to rid ourselves of the mountain of shit we have at the club. How the fuck we are affording these deals while keeping so much dross on the books is beyond me.

I wish I was as confident as you about that Rodders. He shouldn’t have been anywhere near the team without Partey at the club, but Arteta clearly rates him.

I fucking hope you’re right, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Poor old Partey could well find himself lining up alongside Granit “Cruyff” Xhaka. :(

John F

Post by John F »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:38 pm
goonertux wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:20 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:04 pm
no creative midfielder :(

ffs everyone's mate Harry is non stop plugging the scum to win the PL
Asked about us, spouts shite about the scum.
Asked about us again, spouts even bigger shite about Stratford Olympic being as big a club.
He is so full of shit.
ignoring the scum stuff did he actually say west ham were as big as us???!!!

what a cretin
He also claims his tax bill is smaller than mine.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Fuck Atletico and Simeone! For weeks they’ve been saying ‘no negotiations’, pay the money.
We did and he’s ours so fuck off!! :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The arrogance of spud fans make 6 signings and say they are going to win the league.

Very happy with our work, Partey is such a massive signing for all those tough away games were we get kicked off the pitch by the likes of Burnley and Sheff Utd.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Great signings this summer!

But it doesn’t mean we will win the league.
It does give us a chance if a top 4 finish though hopefully..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 mate what in God's name are you smoking? We have a team capable of scrapping for top 4 - and probably 15 to 20 points off the eventual champions. I'm all for positivity mate but let's be pragmatic too.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

At last someone who can kick the opposition - just what we need !. Can he create anything ??. Otherwise he's another Xer. So we're stuck with Celeboss as our main man in midfield. The rest of the league must be laughing. Still don't think we'll finish in the top half of the table. 10th if we're lucky. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:18 am
Fuck Atletico and Simeone! For weeks they’ve been saying ‘no negotiations’, pay the money.
We did and he’s ours so fuck off!! :barscarf:

I was delighted that we didnt inform them that we had met his release clause - normally when you are trying to get a player (torreira) from another club you show some willingness to have dialogue, but the way they should us down was downright disrespectful. They are coming out with crap like how simeone as planning on pairing torreira with partey in the middle of midfield - is this the same partey who was an unused sub in their game last weekend then ? :roll: