Can Aubameyang win the Golden Boot Again?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Can Aubameyang win the Golden Boot Again?

Post by Midz »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/19/darren-b ... -13444228/

‘There’s been a massive drop off’ – Darren Bent criticises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s form since penning new Arsenal deal

Interesting article as Auba hasn't scored since the Fulham match.
He hasn't had much service from midfield to be fair or has he just not been as focused?
I'm uncertain and would like to believe that he'll come good.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Only the second time since he joined that he’s gone 4 games without a goal for us and fucking that skid mark, ex scum nobody Darren Bent has the knives out.

GET FUCKED.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Is that Premier League legend Golden Boot winning Darren Bent?

No?

Yeah didn't think so the fucking pillock. :lol: :roll:

There should be a law against ex scum losers talking publicly about the Arsenal. :censored:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

He is not missing sitters, he is barely getting a chance a game Saturday against City one shot and on target as I can remember.

Feeding on scraps hardly about focus he is still working hard but games like Saturday night he should be playing through the middle not Willian or any other left field idea.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

No

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:38 pm
No
With the shit we have in midfield to supply him.... I'd agree it's now a "no". :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

My thoughts exactly.

Auba is Well Capable of winning the golden boot but it is the team around him and the manager's positioning of him in the team and structure that will prevent that happening. :cry:

Coz let's be fair he sure can score goals.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I can’t see how he’ll get enough quality service to win the golden boot... then again, don’t write him off; he’s kept up with the other top scorers in the last 2 Seasons despite getting shite service, so who knows.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:33 am
I can’t see how he’ll get enough quality service to win the golden boot... then again, don’t write him off; he’s kept up with the other top scorers in the last 2 Seasons despite getting shite service, so who knows.
Don't fret g88ner we have Xhakatard and Elnumpty there to provide the quality passes.

:coffeespit: :suicide: :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Interestingly the only real 'attacking' addition is Willian, so really he should be able to score the same amount of goals within reason this season, he is also playing predominantly where he did under Arteta and Emery last season and the season before so I'm not sure the supply excuse stacks up.

However what I would say is Arteta has us playing a more defensive ideology with a view to counter attack, when we try to play through the lines it is laborious to say the least and that is what is letting PEA down, he thrives on speed and space and the current setup negates that possibility, I'm hoping when Partey is in the team more regularly, I realise it may be a vain wish with the ever present Xhaka in favour, it will free up Ceballos to play more forward potentially creating more opportunities..... I know, I know, its clutching at straws but unlike some I was against Willian coming in because I didnt see him fitting into our team and so far I feel vindicated, I'm just not sure he provides anything like what we need :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:15 am
g88ner wrote:
Don't fret g88ner we have Xhakatard and Elnumpty there to provide the quality passes.

Or "TOE PUNT" and "HACKER" as their fondly known by their team mates :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:15 am
g88ner wrote:

Or "TOE PUNT" and "HACKER" as their fondly known by their team mates :roll: :lol:
:lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Of course he can, especially now I've dropped him from my fantasy team. Hat-trick incoming against Leicester.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:01 pm
Of course he can, especially now I've dropped him from my fantasy team. Hat-trick incoming against Leicester.

Keep up the good work Nos. Can you add Fat Tongue and The only three decent players the victims* have to your team please? :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:32 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Keep up the good work Nos. Can you add Fat Tongue and The only three decent players the victims* have to your team please? :wink:
I have fat tongue but he's scoring me points, had mane, virgil and trent who's been shite this season.