Ollies penalty kings A Sun 1st Nov KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Ollies penalty kings A Sun 1st Nov KO 430pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:08 pm
Breaking news from Old Trafford...........

Man Utd have sacked Mike Dean :shock: :lol:

Stolen off proper arsenal Facebook group post
:lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:47 am
Elnenny had an outstanding game for us yesterday and he was a massive upgrade on the swiss c.unt that was there before him, but if got me thinking of how good guendouzi or torreira would look alongside partey - we have had more than a few midfielders in recent years (the 2 I named are just the recent ones) who have been held back because they havent had a physically commanding player like PV4 alongside them, but partey looks to be that player. Elnenny worked his bollox off yesterday from the first minute to the last, but did he do anything that either torreira or guendouzi couldnt do ? I really, really wish we had of kept torreira and guendouzi to play alongside partey
Augie!
Torreira wanted out and had been shite for 6 months!
Guendozi was a dickhead who was shite for 18 months :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:02 pm
augie wrote:
Elnenny had an outstanding game for us yesterday and he was a massive upgrade on the swiss c.unt that was there before him, but if got me thinking of how good guendouzi or torreira would look alongside partey - we have had more than a few midfielders in recent years (the 2 I named are just the recent ones) who have been held back because they havent had a physically commanding player like PV4 alongside them, but partey looks to be that player. Elnenny worked his bollox off yesterday from the first minute to the last, but did he do anything that either torreira or guendouzi couldnt do ? I really, really wish we had of kept torreira and guendouzi to play alongside partey
Augie!
Maybe he means bring Torreira back and play him at 10 like Unai did? :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:02 pm
augie wrote:
Augie!

Sid I havent had a pop at arteta for torreira's departure cos I accept that there was an issue with his inability to settle in london - what I am saying is how brilliant he would be alongside partey if he had of stayed and settled in.

A lot is made of guendouzi's ruck with that and how it ended his time with us, but that for me is a load of bollix imo and any Gooner that judges him on that is a hypocrite :evil: Do you remember how many times PV4 got into rucks and that he actually spat at that fat ruddock c.unt (spitting is as low as it gets imo), and we had almost a full team get into rucks twice in GG's time and we loved them for it. In my opinion the rift between arteta and guendouzi was there long before that, and arteta used it to get rid. Again it is only my opinion, but I suspect that guendouzi felt that he was badly treated by arteta when arteta took over - in the 7 games before arteta arrived guendouzi started 4 of them, but after arteta arrived xhaka was elevated in the team plans and guendouzi only started 1 of the next 7 league games, and xhaka wasnt available for that one. Every manager is entitled to have their own preferences so I'm not saying otherwise, but if I'm guendouzi and I'm getting cast aside for xhaka after his carry on, then my respect for arteta would be zero too

Btw, guendouzi wasnt shite for 18 months - he was a young kid who showed a lot of promise and imo would have worked well alongside partey. Even player we play alongside xhaka is already on a hiding to nothing, but yet you are expecting a rookie kid from french 2nd division to shine like a beacon already ??

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:47 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:44 pm
£70m for Thomas & Gabriel is already looking like outstanding business.What you think
£2m cheaper than Pepe 8)
I was thinking the exact same thing Aaaaaand they don't look confused even before they've started playing ... unlike el Poop. :D

villej

Post by villej »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:13 pm
Clash wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
£70m for Thomas & Gabriel is already looking like outstanding business.What you think
£2m cheaper than Pepe 8)
I was thinking the exact same thing Aaaaaand they don't look confused even before they've started playing ... unlike el Poop. :D
Xhaka and Mustafi also cost £70m :banghead: thanks Wenger :cussing:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

villej wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:13 pm
Clash wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
£2m cheaper than Pepe 8)
Xhaka and Mustafi also cost £70m :banghead: thanks Wenger :cussing:
Amazing to think no one would buy them now....