Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:12 pm
We are now in a worse mess than we were 12 months ago!
Absolutely we are - less points, less goals, lower in the league, and players restated to the first team squad that were on their way out. More imbalanced squad too - 8 centre halves, not a single creative goalscoring midfielder, 1 half average keeper, and 1 decent forward that we've chosen to convert to a winger

That's the 'improvement' apparently

As i said before - fair fucks to him for winning the FA Cup against the odds, but for me he's done a "Di Matteo" by getting a short term reaction out of an underperforming group. He's heading the same way as this job is way too big for him

EDIT - one of the other criticisms last season was the goal difference which hovvered between -1 and +1. At least that's impr.........oh, hold on a sec

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Is Arteta big enough to come out and say he's getting things wrong...often? No, of course he won't. Xhaka and Mustafi back in for the next match, PEA back on wing and Lackofgoals in the middle looking like a pub player.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

There's an Irish boy on 606 right now saying sack Arteta tonight and get in Allegri :rubchin: good shout I say..get night fever hair and his beige tactics to fuck.This was a disgrace tonight a fucking disgrace.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:24 pm
There's an Irish boy on 606 right now saying sack Arteta tonight and get in Allegri :rubchin: good shout I say..get night fever hair and his beige tactics to fuck.This was a disgrace tonight a fucking disgrace.
Think of the managers we had the chance to appoint before we opted for Dick, if we'd had the balls to punt the senile old c.unt? Then we punted Dick and had the chance to go for Allegri or Ancelotti and went for the soft option of Arteta

This owner is getting what he deserves. I still maintain he will get us relegated in the next 2-3 years

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Hard to argue with him (apart from putting Ozil back in).

https://twitter.com/5livesport/status/1 ... 26657?s=21

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Back in the day this club took a chance on George Graham at Millwall.

Maybe a couple of years ago we should have looked across London and brought in Dean Smith.

Arteta is in his first managerial job - Arsenal is clearly too big for him. It is hardly surprising but we should never have appointed him. He is like a rabbit trapped in the headlights.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:35 pm
Back in the day this club took a chance on George Graham at Millwall.

Maybe a couple of years ago we should have looked across London and brought in Dean Smith.

Arteta is in his first managerial job - Arsenal is clearly too big for him. It is hardly surprising but we should never have appointed him.
Appoint a British manager????!!!!! Wash your mouth out! Don't you know that they're all dinosaurs who play terrible football? That long ball stuff to Watkins will never catch on. No, no - what we're doing now isn't boring or football from the dark ages......its absolute, revolutionary genius stolen from the training ground at Man City. Clever, tactical play, all part of the master plan, like watching a chess grandmaster at work. That boy Smith has never used the word "personality" or "transitions" in his press conferences either so he can't be all that

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:34 pm
falkirk goon wrote:

did you read the comments under it?

this is another wenger situation on our hands

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "Well first congratulations to Aston Villa for the victory and the way they played, I thought they were strong and obviously from our side I take total responsibility because it's not acceptable the performance we put in from the beginning.

"I'll keep what I said to my players in the dressing room private, my role is to get the team performing at the highest level every three days and today we haven't done that and since I got appointed it's the first time I haven't seen that team on the pitch.

"This is football and when you are not at the races and not at your best teams destroy you in the Premier League. It's a really bad combination if you don't win the duels, you are late and they are more focused, they are more determined for every ball. If you don't defend your box well enough and you have chances but you don't put them away.

"No we are not creating enough chances but the ones we did create were clear enough to score at least one goal but if you look at the numbers from last few games it's not enough.

"Thomas Partey is injured. I support the five substitutes rule but I'm also for the possibility of having 20 players in the squad, but that's another story that we can not control."

And pray tell us o wise one, what fucking difference it would make having 20 players in the squad? Who would have been picked today in addition that would have made the slightest difference? You've already bombed out Sokratis, Ozil and Saliba totally so which genius not in the match squad, or amongst the abandoned players, would have been the match winner?

As for the bollocks about "the first time since I was appointed that I haven't seen that team on the pitch" - they've been there every week this season apart from the Fulham game mate. Its just that teams like West Ham and Sheffield United don't come to our place with the belief they can win. Leicester and Villa have showed since then that you just need to drop eight players in and break quickly and you can pick us apart at will

The football has been fucking awful for weeks. Not just today, or the last game - every single Europa league game and PL game (bar Fulham) has seen at least 60 minutes of fucking stinking, rotten, sideways passing, slow tempo, boring shite. Loads of games last season were exactly the same - all that's changed is a couple of opponents who aren't scared of us anymore. If Leeds go for it next up, they'll almost certainly do the same

Deluded - absolutely deluded, if he thinks this is a 'one off'

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal football club - still rotten right through to the core!!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

No. I’ve self harmed enough for one night. Thing is where do we go from here? Drop Lacazette and Willian? So that means Pepe and Eddie come in. Meh.

I don’t know how to solve this fucking mess and it’s a long way to next May :suicide:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:14 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

No. I’ve self harmed enough for one night. Thing is where do we go from here? Drop Lacazette and Willian? So that means Pepe and Eddie come in. Meh.

I don’t know how to solve this fucking mess and it’s a long way to next May :suicide:
When the transfer window closed without the addition of a single attacking player that was the season done there and then. Much as I like Partey, if there was a call between him or Aouar then we made the wrong one. If Willian was supposed to be the player to fill that void then he's got that wrong spectacularly

Whichever attacking players he chooses now won't matter because Auba apart they are all utter gash and he has chosen to be a stubborn c.unt with Ozil and doesn't want to play Smith Rowe.

Poor Martinelli is now going to be expected to come back and shit miracles after a serious injury and sadly he is probably our only hope of seeing any decent attacking play again this season

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

After the shit show that was Leicester, I actually thought we might turn have turned the corner with the win against United but we go back to square one tonight. When was the last time we turned up and controlled a game for 90 minutes and created chances for fun? We are far too predictable, there isn't anyone in our squad with any creativity, they all love to pass sideways and backwards. Arteta is looking like the king of bullshit artists. He talks a good game but is tactically clueless. The biggest indictment on him is that wanker would have around the same points total if he was in charge and he thought tactics was throwing players out and letting them 'Express themselves'.

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

A dismal performance but one we've come to expect. I think that Arteta deserves at least one full season before fans start calling for him to go but he does need to learn and make changes immediately. We can all see that Lacazette and Willian are dreadful, they don't score, don't create, have no pace, you can be rest assured that seeing them both in the starting line up we will be witnessing another turgid game. Aubameyang should be our centre forward and team build around that, continuing to play him on the left wing is just going to turn fans on Arteta quicker.

Repeating what others have said, the big problem we have is that no one in this team creates chances, how can Aston Villa have not one but three players better than what we have at playmaking? We pass the ball sideways, create nothing then resort to aimlessly lumping the ball into no one. I know some don't rate them but I would much prefer to see the younger players in the team who can't be any worse than what we have at the moment but at least have potential to improve and will work hard.

I hope Arteta changes the tactics over the international break, we need to play on the front foot and have a go at teams because being defensive is pointless, we end up conceding while never looking like scoring. I think he should shift to 4 at the back and go with Saka, Aubameyang and Pepe as the front three, at least all three of these are capable of scoring or creating something.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Fucking hell. The response of people on here is absolutely disgraceful. That is our best team, we played poorly against a team that wiped the floor with the league champions 3/4 weeks ago. We got what we deserved a 3-0 humping. Over reaction or what???