Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

King Henry wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:49 pm
A dismal performance but one we've come to expect. I think that Arteta deserves at least one full season before fans start calling for him to go
Why does he deserve a full season?

He has shown us enough times what he is and that's a rookie out of his depth.

Time to pull the plug while the season is still salvageable.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Relegation form. The Leeds game will be first of many battles this year. Still need 22 more points to be safe. :barscarf: :barscarf:

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:47 pm
King Henry wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:49 pm
A dismal performance but one we've come to expect. I think that Arteta deserves at least one full season before fans start calling for him to go
Why does he deserve a full season?

He has shown us enough times what he is and that's a rookie out of his depth.

Time to pull the plug while the season is still salvageable.
I think it's unfair to judge without having a full season, I had the same opinion with Emery too, especially when they take over mediocre squads and need to get ideas across. You may be right with your opinion but we'd end up sacking managers every 4 months, even some of the best managers, like Klopp took a season or so to start showing improvements once they took over. I think there are positives, the cup win beating Sheff Utd away, City and Chelsea was impressive and I don't think was a fluke either, we deserved to win those games. We've also improved defensively and become more solid, we can now go into the big matches with some expectation that we're not going to be 4-0 down at half time. Also, Arteta deserves a chance to change things, if we're sitting here in a few months and nothing has changed then we will be much better positioned to make a decision.

In terms of the season being salvageable, I'd actually argue that Arteta has shown so far to be a decent cup manager, setting us up well in the tough games but this hasn't translated well in the league. If we could win a cup this season, particularly the Europa League, then I'd say the season has been a big success so that's probably what we could hope for. Even if we hired someone now (who?) I don't think there's any guarantee that we'd do significantly better.

We are in desperate need of a creator, Ozil was a great player but past his best for 3 seasons now. I don't think we will but if we could get someone decent in January we'll be a lot better off and we will improve in attack. We were definitely in for Auaor, and Arteta wanted him, but we didn't pay what they wanted. I'm hoping Arteta changes the tactics and maybe someone can get a go in the number 10 position, maybe even Saka or another of the youngers like Smith-Rowe who's now back from injury, has shown some promise. We definitely have to improve overall but I think it's a bit too early right now to have made a final decision that he's out of his depth.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

That is our best team
Nos......I know you’ll ‘support’ Arsenal through anything, rightly so, but to say that was our best team is an utter joke. Willian does not deserve to be anywhere near the first team, nor does Lacazette.

Arteta’s tactics are our biggest problem along with selecting those two players. He plays Partey and ElNanny deep in the middle of the park meaning we have no creativity centrally so we have to play it out to the wings, where we have a centre forward on one side and a 45 year old Chavski reject on the other along with a guy who can’t hit a cows arse with an articulated lorry as main striker!!!! Saka drifts between left back and left midfield not really knowing what his main job is......under Arteta it is defending, so Tierney can tuck in as a third CB!!! It doesn’t matter what players we have, these defensive tactics are killing us!!

Look at all of the top PL teams, they play with Pace and Power, Arsenal are going NOWHERE under a man who wants to be a 1990’s Wenger but is more 1995 Graham!! It’s only a matter of time before Arteta plays Luiz in midfield, Mustafi at right back and then 3 CB’s, equalling GG’s famous 5 CB’s in the same team FFS :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

1995 Graham except now we’re playing Ian Wright on the fucking wing :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:35 pm
Fucking hell. The response of people on here is absolutely disgraceful. That is our best team, we played poorly against a team that wiped the floor with the league champions 3/4 weeks ago. We got what we deserved a 3-0 humping. Over reaction or what???
Go back to the comments when we lost 2-3 at home to Palace in Emery's first season at exactly the same point of his managerial tenure as Arteta's. We were still in the hunt to qualify for the Champions League then. Then when you've read them, ask yourself what was the bigger "over reaction". Wanting a guy sacked after less than a year following on from Wenger's decade of failing when you're still in the top four, or a few comments here in response to a whipping from a team who just about stayed up (thanks to us) and terrorised us with a striker from Brentford

Were you as appalled by the over reaction back then?

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Fucking hell. The response of people on here is absolutely disgraceful. That is our best team, we played poorly against a team that wiped the floor with the league champions 3/4 weeks ago. We got what we deserved a 3-0 humping. Over reaction or what???

Over-reaction ?? FOUR defeats in our last 6 league games is not an over-reaction. Make no mistake 3-0 flattered us tonight - beaten all over the park and despite losing all those games he picks same team (exception of elneny), same tactics, same formation (whatever bull.shit formation that is :roll: ) and the same substitutes every single fcuking game :evil:

Definition of insanity ..... making same mistake again and again :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:44 am
Nos89 wrote:
Go back to the comments when we lost 2-3 at home to Palace in Emery's first season at exactly the same point of his managerial tenure as Arteta's. We were still in the hunt to qualify for the Champions League then. Then when you've read them, ask yourself what was the bigger "over reaction". Wanting a guy sacked after less than a year following on from Wenger's decade of failing when you're still in the top four, or a few comments here in response to a whipping from a team who just about stayed up (thanks to us) and terrorised us with a striker from Brentford

Absolutely with you Steve O - I let the defence of emery go a while back cos (a) I acknowledged there were mistakes that he made and (b) cos I had no wish to see another few years where the supporters were divided over a manager. Fast forward a year now and we are actually in a worse place mow then we were when all those fans were clamouring for emery out - major difference between then and now is that (in my opinion) the fans shit all their load out on pushing emery out, and are now in a position where they wont want to be seen to be demanding for another change so we are stuck with pep's cone man

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:07 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:44 am
Nos89 wrote:

Absolutely with you Steve O - I let the defence of emery go a while back cos (a) I acknowledged there were mistakes that he made and (b) cos I had no wish to see another few years where the supporters were divided over a manager. Fast forward a year now and we are actually in a worse place mow then we were when all those fans were clamouring for emery out - major difference between then and now is that (in my opinion) the fans shit all their load out on pushing emery out, and are now in a position where they wont want to be seen to be demanding for another change so we are stuck with pep's cone man
Exactly right - I expect I'll get the usual bullshit response here about having some sort of 'hard on' for Emery when I've explained dozens of times (a) he was NEVER my first, second or third choice for the job to start with and (b) he made mistakes including the ludicrous 'vote for the captaincy' that saw Xhaka get the role and he also didn't do enough to stabilise the back line

However, I also said he needed two years and four windows to fully implement his own ideas. The club thought that less than a season and a half was sufficient. Arteta would have had in excess of that when the curtain falls on this season

Like you say some people went so hard on Emery that they've now got to justify this change of manager and hold him up to be something he isn't.

One thing I do know is that if Emery had been backed on Zaha by the board instead of fucking Pepe, we'd probably have a front three of Martinelli, Zaha and Aubameyang (down the middle), with Saka coming in for Martinelli when injured. I'd say that offers more fucking hope than Willian, Lacofgoals/Nketiah and Auba shoved out wide. Would we be conceding more goals? Almost certainly. Would every game be an utter snoozefest and would we have a squad full of centre halves and midfield robots? Almost certainly not.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:53 am
Nos89 wrote:

Over-reaction ?? FOUR defeats in our last 6 league games is not an over-reaction. Make no mistake 3-0 flattered us tonight - beaten all over the park and despite losing all those games he picks same team (exception of elneny), same tactics, same formation (whatever bull.shit formation that is :roll: ) and the same substitutes every single fcuking game :evil:

Definition of insanity ..... making same mistake again and again :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
It was the manner of defeat, could have been 5-0 to be fair, they were shocking no fucking heart or desire, and no ideas from the bench....just fucking shocking
wasted an hour watching that shit

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 pm
I dont care what people think about ozil,the problem has never been ozil its always been the personal around him be it the players or manager.if you are going to show a player who's been the very best in his day that much disrespect then you have to back it up with results and arteta is just making himself look like a massive bell end.weve seen it so many times with a new manager having a problem with a certain star player,it always ends in tears ,this is quickly heading down that route,ozil must be laughing his tits off

Ozil has had chances under 3 different managers and has fcuked about under every single one of them - it's time we stopped looking back at players like him, and started looking ahead with younger players
A couple of things here.

Ozil is still the best midfield player at the club. End of. I know - not exactly dificult to be that though with the garbage we have in the middle. But I also agree he is past his best and realistically he is not the answer going forward.

What I really do not agree with is this myth of our young players THAT YOU KEEP FUCKING SPUNKING OUT ON HERE FFS AUGIE YOU BALD CÙNT!!! :x

Sorry old buddy apologies there..... :D :wink:

The problem is most of our young players are really poor quality. Martinelli and please God Smith-Rowe will hopefully come good, but on numerous numerous occasions the likes of Nketiah, Pillock, Nelson and Maitland-Bendtner have clearly demonstrated that they will be at Palace in a couple years time if they are lucky. :roll:

So where are we going to get these "young players" to take us forward? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :|

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Feel absolutely sick !
Another false dawn!
God only knows where this will end!
Wake me up in 5 years.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Well that was shite.

As an aside, Martinez has kept more clean sheets at the emirates than Leno this season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:46 am
Well that was shite.

As an aside, Martinez has kept more clean sheets at the emirates than Leno this season
:lol:

Oooooh there'll be a couple punters on here telling you ya can't post stuff like that about Butter Wrists! :shock:

:D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:20 am
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 pm
I dont care what people think about ozil,the problem has never been ozil its always been the personal around him be it the players or manager.if you are going to show a player who's been the very best in his day that much disrespect then you have to back it up with results and arteta is just making himself look like a massive bell end.weve seen it so many times with a new manager having a problem with a certain star player,it always ends in tears ,this is quickly heading down that route,ozil must be laughing his tits off

Ozil has had chances under 3 different managers and has fcuked about under every single one of them - it's time we stopped looking back at players like him, and started looking ahead with younger players
A couple of things here.

Ozil is still the best midfield player at the club. End of. I know - not exactly dificult to be that though with the garbage we have in the middle. But I also agree he is past his best and realistically he is not the answer going forward.

What I really do not agree with is this myth of our young players THAT YOU KEEP FUCKING SPUNKING OUT ON HERE FFS AUGIE YOU BALD CÙNT!!! :x

Sorry old buddy apologies there..... :D :wink:

The problem is most of our young players are really poor quality. Martinelli and please God Smith-Rowe will hopefully come good, but on numerous numerous occasions the likes of Nketiah, Pillock, Nelson and Maitland-Bendtner have clearly demonstrated that they will be at Palace in a couple years time if they are lucky. :roll:

So where are we going to get these "young players" to take us forward? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :|

Like I have said from the day that le cock was sacked, I am not looking for an instant cure, but am looking to signs of progression that will hopefully bring us back up to challenge for top trophies in maybe 3 seasons. In my opinion you dont reach that point by sticking with the same shit that has failed for years like xhaka, lacazette, mustafi etc - what you should do is rebuild around a nucleaus of young players that will hopefully be and experienced enough and ready for the challenge by then. You HOPEFULLY get there by blooding the likes of saliba and smith-rowe instead of sticking them into the under 23s. You coach/teach players like guendouzi how to be a proper pro instead of jettisoning them out of the club. You get rid of the older players like xhaka, ozil and mustafi who will not prove to be a good guidance for the younger players, and if you keep some senior players then you keep the likes of sokratis who will instill fight and passion in them. To add to those players, you recruit in positions of need first and foremost - yes it would be nice to have a world class keeper (for example), but if you have a keeper like leno and dont have a centre forward of the required quality, then it is a no brainer that you buy a centre forward first. It borders on comical that we have 8 centre backs and a lack of any creative midfielder.

In summation I think that MOST fans would be more patient if they see arteta trying to create a team based on younger players who will make mistakes - what we are seeing now is a team of older players proving that they aint good enough, and a manager who is sticking with them regardless :roll: