Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Villa vaginas H Sun 8th Nov KO 715pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:56 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:20 am
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm
markyp wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 pm
I dont care what people think about ozil,the problem has never been ozil its always been the personal around him be it the players or manager.if you are going to show a player who's been the very best in his day that much disrespect then you have to back it up with results and arteta is just making himself look like a massive bell end.weve seen it so many times with a new manager having a problem with a certain star player,it always ends in tears ,this is quickly heading down that route,ozil must be laughing his tits off

Ozil has had chances under 3 different managers and has fcuked about under every single one of them - it's time we stopped looking back at players like him, and started looking ahead with younger players
A couple of things here.

Ozil is still the best midfield player at the club. End of. I know - not exactly dificult to be that though with the garbage we have in the middle. But I also agree he is past his best and realistically he is not the answer going forward.

What I really do not agree with is this myth of our young players THAT YOU KEEP FUCKING SPUNKING OUT ON HERE FFS AUGIE YOU BALD CÙNT!!! :x

Sorry old buddy apologies there..... :D :wink:

The problem is most of our young players are really poor quality. Martinelli and please God Smith-Rowe will hopefully come good, but on numerous numerous occasions the likes of Nketiah, Pillock, Nelson and Maitland-Bendtner have clearly demonstrated that they will be at Palace in a couple years time if they are lucky. :roll:

So where are we going to get these "young players" to take us forward? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :|

Like I have said from the day that le cock was sacked, I am not looking for an instant cure, but am looking to signs of progression that will hopefully bring us back up to challenge for top trophies in maybe 3 seasons. In my opinion you dont reach that point by sticking with the same shit that has failed for years like xhaka, lacazette, mustafi etc - what you should do is rebuild around a nucleaus of young players that will hopefully be and experienced enough and ready for the challenge by then. You HOPEFULLY get there by blooding the likes of saliba and smith-rowe instead of sticking them into the under 23s. You coach/teach players like guendouzi how to be a proper pro instead of jettisoning them out of the club. You get rid of the older players like xhaka, ozil and mustafi who will not prove to be a good guidance for the younger players, and if you keep some senior players then you keep the likes of sokratis who will instill fight and passion in them. To add to those players, you recruit in positions of need first and foremost - yes it would be nice to have a world class keeper (for example), but if you have a keeper like leno and dont have a centre forward of the required quality, then it is a no brainer that you buy a centre forward first. It borders on comical that we have 8 centre backs and a lack of any creative midfielder.

In summation I think that MOST fans would be more patient if they see arteta trying to create a team based on younger players who will make mistakes - what we are seeing now is a team of older players proving that they aint good enough, and a manager who is sticking with them regardless :roll:
But where do we get those young players? Buy them in? Our academy certainly isn't producing them and with the Big German Vagina in charge I fear all we will produce is a stream of cowardly lightweight tippy tappy ponces with no guts, no savvy, and no heart.

Your plan is the dream augie I agree - but it's a dream and nothing more. The more I watch the modern game the more I'm leaning towards the concept of if you want to win the big prize you get a pimp in that will spend whatever it takes and buy the fucking thing.

It's shit but it is the modern game. :roll:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

However you defend last night, we should not have got near West Ham, and Sheffield United should have got at least a draw, so it's not just one match we're talking about. What Partey and Gabriel are now thinking is anyone's guess.

Saka will be a good and hopefully great player, but no way should his name on the starting line-up be an absolute given every week, as it seems to be.

Arteta is bemoaning the fact that we have no creativity - we have, but it's sitting on its backside in a big house somewhere in Hampstead.

I agree that if the season is to be salvaged, then Arteta is not the one to do it. He is just not up to the job, and you get the distinct impression he is billy big mates with the senior players, rather than distancing himself as a manager should, so he can make unpopular tactical decisions. Someone mentioned Guendozi which was a good call, because at least he did appear to have the right attitude.

Arteta said last night he takes 'full responsibility for the debacle. At least he got one thing right.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

double post
Last edited by Redarmy on Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:17 am
Fuck Ozil he has had his chances and some.....get shot of him hes a bad apple...emery was too weak now Arteta is not meeting it head on

Willian, Holding, Mustaffi and Xaha are all shit

Bellerin who had pace and was dangerous with his runs going forwards has lost it (he never could defend has no sense of danger or positional awareness)

Arteta cant see the wood for the trees.....he has big decisions to make...dont fucking bottle it

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:04 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
markyp wrote:
I dont care what people think about ozil,the problem has never been ozil its always been the personal around him be it the players or manager.if you are going to show a player who's been the very best in his day that much disrespect then you have to back it up with results and arteta is just making himself look like a massive bell end.weve seen it so many times with a new manager having a problem with a certain star player,it always ends in tears ,this is quickly heading down that route,ozil must be laughing his tits off

Ozil has had chances under 3 different managers and has fcuked about under every single one of them - it's time we stopped looking back at players like him, and started looking ahead with younger players
A couple of things here.

Ozil is still the best midfield player at the club. End of. I know - not exactly dificult to be that though with the garbage we have in the middle. But I also agree he is past his best and realistically he is not the answer going forward.

What I really do not agree with is this myth of our young players THAT YOU KEEP FUCKING SPUNKING OUT ON HERE FFS AUGIE YOU BALD CÙNT!!! :x

The problem is most of our young players are really poor quality. Martinelli and please God Smith-Rowe will hopefully come good, but on numerous numerous occasions the likes of Nketiah, Pillock, Nelson and Maitland-Bendtner have clearly demonstrated that they will be at Palace in a couple years time if they are lucky. :roll:

So where are we going to get these "young players" to take us forward? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :|

Like I have said from the day that le cock was sacked, I am not looking for an instant cure, but am looking to signs of progression that will hopefully bring us back up to challenge for top trophies in maybe 3 seasons. In my opinion you dont reach that point by sticking with the same shit that has failed for years like xhaka, lacazette, mustafi etc - what you should do is rebuild around a nucleaus of young players that will hopefully be and experienced enough and ready for the challenge by then. You HOPEFULLY get there by blooding the likes of saliba and smith-rowe instead of sticking them into the under 23s. You coach/teach players like guendouzi how to be a proper pro instead of jettisoning them out of the club. You get rid of the older players like xhaka, ozil and mustafi who will not prove to be a good guidance for the younger players, and if you keep some senior players then you keep the likes of sokratis who will instill fight and passion in them. To add to those players, you recruit in positions of need first and foremost - yes it would be nice to have a world class keeper (for example), but if you have a keeper like leno and dont have a centre forward of the required quality, then it is a no brainer that you buy a centre forward first. It borders on comical that we have 8 centre backs and a lack of any creative midfielder.

In summation I think that MOST fans would be more patient if they see arteta trying to create a team based on younger players who will make mistakes - what we are seeing now is a team of older players proving that they aint good enough, and a manager who is sticking with them regardless :roll:
But where do we get those young players? Buy them in? Our academy certainly isn't producing them and with the Big German Vagina in charge I fear all we will produce is a stream of cowardly lightweight tippy tappy ponces with no guts, no savvy, and no heart.

Your plan is the dream augie I agree - but it's a dream and nothing more. The more I watch the modern game the more I'm leaning towards the concept of if you want to win the big prize you get a pimp in that will spend whatever it takes and buy the fucking thing.

And if we had money to follow that gameplan that would be ideal - I was never one of these supporters who principles would mean that I would be disgusted if we went down the citeeh route of having a sheikh buy success for the club cos as you say, that is the football world we are living in nowadays. Of course we are unfortunate to have the only cuntin owner who wants to take money out of the club rather than inject it in, and that means that our formula has to be different - we cant afford to buy superstars so we have to buy young and try to develop them ourselves. You ask where we will get these young players with that kind of potential and I point you to martinelli, Tierney, guendouzi, torreira and saliba - no-one disputes that they are ready now, but those players all came for what is relatively cheap fee's and could become a spine of the team for years to come. Supplement those players with the likes of saka and (maybe) nelson and smith-rowe and you have got potential there if you then add in a few proven quality players

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:53 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

A couple of things here.

And if we had money to follow that gameplan that would be ideal - I was never one of these supporters who principles would mean that I would be disgusted if we went down the citeeh route of having a sheikh buy success for the club cos as you say, that is the football world we are living in nowadays. Of course we are unfortunate to have the only cuntin owner who wants to take money out of the club rather than inject it in, and that means that our formula has to be different - we cant afford to buy superstars so we have to buy young and try to develop them ourselves. You ask where we will get these young players with that kind of potential and I point you to martinelli, Tierney, guendouzi, torreira and saliba - no-one disputes that they are ready now, but those players all came for what is relatively cheap fee's and could become a spine of the team for years to come. Supplement those players with the likes of saka and (maybe) nelson and smith-rowe and you have got potential there if you then add in a few proven quality players
Amen - and lets remind ourselves that "The Great Economist" spent >£170m on Ozil, Lacazette, Mustafi, Xhaka, Chambers and Perez.......so I'd say that when you do get the budget spend it wisely......and in a balanced way. Arteta left us with 8 centre halves and no attacking midfielders

herbert

Post by herbert »

Fair play to Villa ,DB10 lite = Grealish and his mates Barkley and Watkins all played well

It is only 8 games in to the season and the Gabriel and Partey signings are steps forwards but the need to sign one or two players who can hold the ball up and beat their markers is where we are struggling and its all well and good saying we need Arour? or some over playmaker from where ever but for me the answer to our problems are playing in the premiership all ready
Zaha is a must ,not only does he hold on to the ball and beat a player but it would free up Auba to play down the centre and then I would break the bank and try and get Grealish in as well

That front three should and IMHO would change the whole dynamic of our team

On another note

more away wins than home wins in most of the top leagues in Europe

Leeds are gonna get it :box:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
markyp wrote:

A couple of things here.

lads less of the personal abuse here Im a sensitive man and now you want to take his dreams away too db ,how cruel . glad i only saw motd !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Martinez, 28, said: “Some people do not realise how big Aston Villa are.

“They were all saying it was a step down in my career but I always said it was a step up.

BOLLOCKS

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:28 am

“They were all saying it was a step down in my career but I always said it was a step up.

BOLLOCKS

He'll know all about that when he spends the next couple of seasons fighting relegation with those scummy c.unts :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:36 am
Redarmy wrote:

BOLLOCKS

He'll know all about that when he spends the next couple of seasons fighting relegation with those scummy c.unts :lol: :lol:
He was brilliant for us last season and tbh I think he is better than Leno but he is also obviously a complete gobshite. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:19 am
augie wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:36 am
Redarmy wrote:

BOLLOCKS

He was brilliant for us last season and tbh I think he is better than Leno but he is also obviously a complete gobshite. :lol:
Huh! I always said that Martinez was a cutn. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:57 pm
That fucker lacathreat coodny finish his dinner ffs :roll:
Ohh! I dunno FG The FAT BAP looks like he polishes off everything on his plate - except chances :D :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Redarmy wrote:

BOLLOCKS
Context is key :lol:

I remember that interview, and all Martinez was saying is that being a first choice regular at Villa is a step forward in his career. Hard to argue for a guy who has been an understudy most of his career!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:48 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:57 pm
That fucker lacathreat coodny finish his dinner ffs :roll:
Ohh! I dunno FG The FAT BAP looks like he polishes off everything on his plate - except chances :D :wink:
We should get him together with fatty Santos and they could have a pie eating contest :lol: