CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:18 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:58 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:45 pm
16 premier league players tested positive this week. Squads are being tested

Which leads to the question if clubs are testing their players at all :rubchin: How are all these players playing week in and week out domestically, and then testing positive within a day or 2 of meeting up with their international squads ? Isnt there supposed to be some short period where a person has it before the test even shows positive ? Isnt that why people have to isolate for 14 days even after a negative test ? That to me suggests that players have the virus BEFORE joining their international squads

Anyway I am still in the "lets open up the countries again and get back to living our lives", cos this shit lockdowns are simply not working :evil:
Lockdowns do work.
The problem in the UK is that the second lockdown has not been nearly tough enough.
I see the Scots are going to make it illegal to travel out of a tier 3 area. That sounds a better idea.
There is no reason at all why anyone needs to travel further than about 5 miles right now anyway.

The problem with your train of thought is how long do you expect that to be viable and successful ? It's all well and good shutting down everyone in a Tier 3 area and that might keep the people within that area clear from the virus, but sooner or later you are gonna let people into that bubble from outside, or you are gonna let people leave that bubble and allow them into "unclean area's" with the risk of them bringing it back into that area again ? Lockdowns see short term positives, but it is impossible and unrealistic to see any type of long term success out of it as it will largely only defer what is coming, so you have to ask then if the sacrifices (in terms of jobs and the economy) are worth the months of lockdowns - I would suggest not
The point is that the UK should have locked down when the scientists said we should - that was back in September.
A tough month long lockdown then and we would not be in the mess we are again now.
You would have hoped that they might have learnt from March but clearly not.

Also by now 8 months on a more successsful test and trace system should be in place - but no another epic fail.

A weak lockdown is proving useless.
But remember that we are an island - we have a massive advantage over countries on mainland Europe!
A tough lockdown and we really could have got on top of things, but Johnson is probably the weakest Prime minister ever!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Torn between two stools health and economy and falling in the middle.
This lockdown is not happening and may slow things but not enough . With the vaccines appearing like busses he needs to buy time and get it right this time.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:47 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:18 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:58 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:45 pm
16 premier league players tested positive this week. Squads are being tested

Which leads to the question if clubs are testing their players at all :rubchin: How are all these players playing week in and week out domestically, and then testing positive within a day or 2 of meeting up with their international squads ? Isnt there supposed to be some short period where a person has it before the test even shows positive ? Isnt that why people have to isolate for 14 days even after a negative test ? That to me suggests that players have the virus BEFORE joining their international squads

Anyway I am still in the "lets open up the countries again and get back to living our lives", cos this shit lockdowns are simply not working :evil:
Lockdowns do work.
The problem in the UK is that the second lockdown has not been nearly tough enough.
I see the Scots are going to make it illegal to travel out of a tier 3 area. That sounds a better idea.
There is no reason at all why anyone needs to travel further than about 5 miles right now anyway.

The problem with your train of thought is how long do you expect that to be viable and successful ? It's all well and good shutting down everyone in a Tier 3 area and that might keep the people within that area clear from the virus, but sooner or later you are gonna let people into that bubble from outside, or you are gonna let people leave that bubble and allow them into "unclean area's" with the risk of them bringing it back into that area again ? Lockdowns see short term positives, but it is impossible and unrealistic to see any type of long term success out of it as it will largely only defer what is coming, so you have to ask then if the sacrifices (in terms of jobs and the economy) are worth the months of lockdowns - I would suggest not
The point is that the UK should have locked down when the scientists said we should - that was back in September.
A tough month long lockdown then and we would not be in the mess we are again now.
You would have hoped that they might have learnt from March but clearly not.

Also by now 8 months on a more successsful test and trace system should be in place - but no another epic fail.

A weak lockdown is proving useless.
But remember that we are an island - we have a massive advantage over countries on mainland Europe!
A tough lockdown and we really could have got on top of things, but Johnson is probably the weakest Prime minister ever!

Ireland is also an island and I was one of those that strongly advocated shutting it's borders months ago, but the reality is that it also would have only been a short term success - if the uk shutdown fully for last 6 months (for example) and had a decent period of time with zero cases but now decided that it was time to open the borders again, they would no be susceptible to infection again from people coming in from european countries who have suffered a resurgance in last month or two. How long can a country close it's borders from an economic point of view ? Lockdown have an extremely slim chance of working, and even though it would have to be a universal lockdown plan that would be enforced by all countries, and that would NEVER happen (partially cos some countries cant afford to stay closed)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OFFICIAL: Sead Kolašinac has tested positive for Coronavirus.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:43 pm

Does the virus help players lose weight ? :rubchin: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:57 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Not the kind of weight he needs to lose. :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The reality with this lockdown is it isn't really anything like the first lockdown. People are by and large going about their business and not staying at home.

I am friends on FB with the owner of El Rincon Quinteno a bar/restaurant on the Holloway Road. The other night Columbia played a world cup qualifier and his bar was rammed with fans. A bit stupid to put pics on FB tbh, but it shows that many bar owners are blatantly having lockins for their regulars. You can be sure this is just an example of blatant disregard for the Social Distancing protocols replicated across the country.

250,000 people have now died in the US and we have nearer 75,000 dead here as opposed to the massaged official govt figures. Who would have thought two of the most powerful nations on earth with the supposed best healthcare systems have succumbed to such tolls. The vaccines really are the get out of jail card now, especially as the Pfizer one which we have ordered 40m doses has such high efficacy.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 am
The reality with this lockdown is it isn't really anything like the first lockdown. People are by and large going about their business and not staying at home.

I am friends on FB with the owner of El Rincon Quinteno a bar/restaurant on the Holloway Road. The other night Columbia played a world cup qualifier and his bar was rammed with fans. A bit stupid to put pics on FB tbh, but it shows that many bar owners are blatantly having lockins for their regulars. You can be sure this is just an example of blatant disregard for the Social Distancing protocols replicated across the country.

250,000 people have now died in the US and we have nearer 75,000 dead here as opposed to the massaged official govt figures. Who would have thought two of the most powerful nations on earth with the supposed best healthcare systems have succumbed to such tolls. The vaccines really are the get out of jail card now, especially as the Pfizer one which we have ordered 40m doses has such high efficacy.
Tbh mate with the Beavis and Butthead factor being considered I'm not surprised at all.... :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:19 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:57 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Not the kind of weight he needs to lose. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

But! can it cure Club Foot that fatal disease that some swissCUNT inflicts on us every time he plays - :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorrry! Tries to play .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'M TRULY SORRY FOLKS/FELLOW GOONERS ET AL !

BUT...

I think this thread needs some 'lightening up' with some

Tits!
Bazooka's
Snarks
Snarkels
Fun Bags
Num um's
Gaazonkaa's

???
Anyone agree?
:cry: :?

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

Update on mo Salah....he has gone down with coronavirus.
Replays show it barely touched him.
Klopp is going the media the marks it left.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:08 pm
Apparently the Sun newspaper and the Yorkshire police are responsible !

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 pm
subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
I heard it was old Maggie, the Tory party and Millwall and Chelsea fans. Probably a combination of all of them

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 pm
subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
I heard it was old Maggie, the Tory party and Millwall and Chelsea fans. Probably a combination of all of them
Well there were apparently some cockney accents heard. I just hope the victims* can now set up some kind of tedious 30 year candle lit vigil and ram it down everyone's throat every year while completely ignoring any part Salah might have played in the incident and also completely ignoring Salah's continuous repeating of that same behaviour that led to him catching it....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i see that London will be in tier 2 from next week and so 2,000 people allowed at the Emirates.

I wonder who the unlucky 2,000 will be who get to watch us play Rapid Vienna next Thursday :D