CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by falkirk goon »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:34 am
i see that London will be in tier 2 from next week and so 2,000 people allowed at the Emirates.

I wonder who the unlucky 2,000 will be who get to watch us play Rapid Vienna next Thursday :D
Winners of the ballot won't get a ticket for the match cos we're pish :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

2000? I mean what's the fucking point?

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:57 pm
What if 1000 of them decide to meet at the 12 Pins before the game? Shock..Horror..Gasp!!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Will they have to have a substantial meal b4 hand ,2000 in the emirates is a joke , tickets are on sale on a first come first served on saturday 0900

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:34 am
i see that London will be in tier 2 from next week and so 2,000 people allowed at the Emirates.

I wonder who the unlucky 2,000 will be who get to watch us play Rapid Vienna next Thursday :D
Well the lone Gooner that was at Molde deserves to be one of them :barscarf:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm
Will they have to have a substantial meal b4 hand ,2000 in the emirates is a joke , tickets are on sale on a first come first served on saturday 0900
Are crisps counted as substantial ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Midz wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:41 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:57 pm
What if 1000 of them decide to meet at the 12 Pins before the game? Shock..Horror..Gasp!!
technically that is somehow allowed as 1000 can gather at an indoor event. :lol:
apparently the darts at Ally Pally is going ahead with 1000 in attendance :shock:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

What if 1000 of them decide to meet at the 12 Pins before the game

They would have to get 1000 pies and a lorry load of chips .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm
I'm sure Stan and the boys will make sure the prices are substantial mate.....

£8.50 for a tinned frankfurter in a roll anyone? Ah, the smell of anticipation for the lucky 2,000

What a fucking joke. 2,000 punters must actually cost the club more than the benefit? Not that I give a fuck what happens to the wig wearing c.unt's personal fortune....

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Tory 1922 committee finally realising the “medical experts” have been basing their entire strategy on instilling fear on the public!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:04 pm
Tory 1922 committee finally realising the “medical experts” have been basing their entire strategy on instilling fear on the public!
The best one yesterday was the whole of Dorset in Tier 2 despite some smaller towns and villages not having reported a single case during the whole pandemic!!

Still- another 3 months of wrecking the economy, everyone working till they've 88 to pay for it and no chance of kids finding a job

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:11 pm
goonersid wrote:
The best one yesterday was the whole of Dorset in Tier 2 despite some smaller towns and villages not having reported a single case during the whole pandemic!!

Still- another 3 months of wrecking the economy, everyone working till they've 88 to pay for it and no chance of kids finding a job
You put anywhere into tier 1 and the cases will go up so they won’t.

The point is the month long lockdown should have been a lot tougher to drive cases much further down and more of the country could have emerged into tier 2.

Anyway the vaccine is coming so I don’t see why people can’t be just a bit more patient.
The protesters in central London today make me sick - total scum

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:11 pm
goonersid wrote:

You put anywhere into tier 1 and the cases will go up so they won’t.

The point is the month long lockdown should have been a lot tougher to drive cases much further down and more of the country could have emerged into tier 2.

Anyway the vaccine is coming so I don’t see why people can’t be just a bit more patient.
The protesters in central London today make me sick - total scum
I think you've answered your own question Rob - if there had been a proper lockdown that had seen all the hotspots close for an extended period, then we'd be emerging into different tiers and there wouldn't be so much dissent. However, the list of 'non essential' retail grew to just about everything, and we closed the few places that weren't actually responsible for most of the multiple outbreaks while letting schoolkids, students and most workers to go about their everyday business. In the first lockdown the streets round my way were deserted, but this time round you'd struggle to notice any difference from normal in the rush hour. Everyone's patience is being tested by the farcical approach

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I don’t get this letting fans in if you’re in a certain tier? So London is ok, Arsenal sold their 2000 tickets in 20 mins to gold members and above, allowing 4 tickets per person.......bearing in mind a very large number of Gooners come from the Home Counties and parts of Kent are currently the worst in the country for Covid...... are they checking where ST holders are coming from??? :shock: Of course not!! :banghead:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:06 pm
I don’t get this letting fans in if you’re in a certain tier? So London is ok, Arsenal sold their 2000 tickets in 20 mins to gold members and above, allowing 4 tickets per person.......bearing in mind a very large number of Gooners come from the Home Counties and parts of Kent are currently the worst in the country for Covid...... are they checking where ST holders are coming from??? :shock: Of course not!! :banghead:
But they are going to ask those attending very nicely if they have any symptoms - so all good :lol: :barscarf:
It’s going to cost clubs more to have 2,000 in attendance than have a closed stadium.