Rapid decliners v Rapid Viennanginas Thu 3rd Dec KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Rapid decliners v Rapid Viennanginas Thu 3rd Dec KO 8pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal wearing their third kit at home to Rapid Vienna tonight as the visitors don't have a kit that wouldn't clash - it's the third time in five season they've had to switch at the Emirates

https://t.co/Qzf2CsN3tw

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:41 pm
Arsenal XI: Runarsson; Cedric, Mustafi, Mari, Kolasinac; Elneny, Maitland-Niles; Pepe, Lacazette, Nelson; Nketiah

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

If you cant give a start to young players in a dead rubber game where you have already qualified, then what kind of chance have they got of ever breaking through under this clown ?? At what stage will people recognise that bringing young players through is of no interest to pep's cone man ?
So AMN, Nelson and Eddie aren't young players?

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:43 pm
This website is slower than the Swiss Turd, fucking page takes an age to load.

WENGER OUT :banghead:
I thought there was something wrong with my modem or whatever..

It's been SLOOOWWWWWWWW all week.

W,T F is going ON????
16 secs from when I clicked on the quote button to get here.
Slow for me too the last week or so.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:57 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:52 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:22 pm
Why the fuck didn't he start Smith Rowe - one of the few kids I hold out any hope for

Nice goal

You and me both Steve o 8) Smith-Rowe always looks like he has a bit of class on the ball, and in a team crying out for creativity, it is a sin that he cant even get a start in these shit games :evil:

Btw, disregarding whether we rate or like the players concerned, but can someone explain to me the thinking behind bringing on willian and Ceballos ? Unbelievably they are first team starters, so why bother bringing them on when the game is already won ?
I know mate - just felt like we actually had 10 mins of zipping the ball around at pace and creating chances and he brings those 2 goons on. How many games will it take before he realises those two are fucking awful
i have a hunch Laca and nelson may start Sunday which is why they came off, I'm a huge fan of Smith -Rowe as Augie says he just has that class look about him and was impressed with Balogun when he cam on , we need to sign him up as I have a feeling he'll go further than Eddie and has a bigger stature .
Thought Ainsley had a terrific game brought much needed pace to the midfield , look I know it's only Vienna but teh passing was fast and crisp tonight for the first time this season including the other Europa games , I really enjoyed that.
Back to normality Sunday ...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:43 pm
This website is slower than the Swiss Turd, fucking page takes an age to load.

WENGER OUT :banghead:
I thought there was something wrong with my modem or whatever..

It's been SLOOOWWWWWWWW all week.

W,T F is going ON????
16 secs from when I clicked on the quote button to get here.
Slow for me too the last week or so.
Lads if you are having problems you need to let the tech side of the house know. They can't just guess that something is wrong. Contact Rob or Gooner Ed.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:25 pm
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Arsenal XI: Runarsson; Cedric, Mustafi, Mari, Kolasinac; Elneny, Maitland-Niles; Pepe, Lacazette, Nelson; Nketiah

If you cant give a start to young players in a dead rubber game where you have already qualified, then what kind of chance have they got of ever breaking through under this clown ?? At what stage will people recognise that bringing young players through is of no interest to pep's cone man ?

Ok let me clarify what I meant (even though you knew what I meant anyway) - I want young rookie kids who havent spent the last 2 seasons in the first team squad (or more in amn case) and who have numerous premier league appearances at this stage. I want to give a starts to young players like (but not confined to) smith-rowe in games that matter fcuk all, in the hope that they can be an improvement on the failing squad that arteta continues to be loyal to despite plenty of reasons why he shouldnt. I want to see a commitment from the manager to try and develop our young academy prospects so that we dont see young talents like gnarby fcuk off out of the club and shine for big european clubs, simply because the stubborn gormless fool was loyal to players ahead of them that stevie wonder could see were not up to the task.

Does that clarify it for you ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Why the fuck didn't he start Smith Rowe - one of the few kids I hold out any hope for

Nice goal

You and me both Steve o 8) Smith-Rowe always looks like he has a bit of class on the ball, and in a team crying out for creativity, it is a sin that he cant even get a start in these shit games :evil:

Btw, disregarding whether we rate or like the players concerned, but can someone explain to me the thinking behind bringing on willian and Ceballos ? Unbelievably they are first team starters, so why bother bringing them on when the game is already won ?
I know mate - just felt like we actually had 10 mins of zipping the ball around at pace and creating chances and he brings those 2 goons on. How many games will it take before he realises those two are fucking awful
i have a hunch Laca and nelson may start Sunday which is why they came off, I'm a huge fan of Smith -Rowe as Augie says he just has that class look about him and was impressed with Balogun when he cam on , we need to sign him up as I have a feeling he'll go further than Eddie and has a bigger stature .
Thought Ainsley had a terrific game brought much needed pace to the midfield , look I know it's only Vienna but teh passing was fast and crisp tonight for the first time this season including the other Europa games , I really enjoyed that.
If he goes back to Xhaka, Ceballos and Willian in the starting line up against the Spuds and it goes tits up, he deserves every bit of stick that comes his way. Kolasinac and Mustafi better end up nowhere near the pitch either, useless pair of c.unts that they are

What would be so wrong with Maitland Niles and Smith Rowe in the side and Balogun and the young Spanish lad on the bench?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:46 am
gooner265 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Nice goal

If he goes back to Xhaka, Ceballos and Willian in the starting line up against the Spuds and it goes tits up, he deserves every bit of stick that comes his way. Kolasinac and Mustafi better end up nowhere near the pitch either, useless pair of c.unts that they are

What would be so wrong with Maitland Niles and Smith Rowe in the side and Balogun and the young Spanish lad on the bench?
Agreed 100% on the 3 midfield mishaps named above and the two defensive clowns, but forget Maitland-Bendtner, he has proven time and time again he is not good enough for this level. Smith-Rowe has demonstrated he has ability and vision but is unproven. But tbh I agree throwing him in could not be any worse (and probably a lot better) than continuing with the 3 useless gobshites that have clearly demonstrated they are gash.

For me a heavy loss to the vermin would be the last nail for Arteta.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:22 pm
Arsenal wearing their third kit at home to Rapid Vienna tonight as the visitors don't have a kit that wouldn't clash - it's the third time in five season they've had to switch at the Emirates

Should have made them play in their pants and vest, just like those kids who “forgot” their PE kits.

Home kit.......the name kind of gives a clue doesn’t it ?

Football is absolutely dead.

herbert

Post by herbert »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:24 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Should have made them play in their pants and vest, just like those kids who “forgot” their PE kits.

I know that football clubs especially ours make a fortune from this bollox about 2nd kit,3rd kit etc and wearing that shit kit at home is a fkin joke but what pisses me of even more is when we play away we hardly ever wear the red & white :banghead:

Dont get me wrong I love a yellow & blue 2nd kit but if there is no colour clashes then it should always be the 1st kit

Brilliant to see fans back in the stadium and another good team performance in the ropey cup :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:46 am
gooner265 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Nice goal

I'd be very happy with that, Xhaka should never get near a premier start again, i really think AMN could add some dynamism to our midfield he can't do any worse , not sure he would if Partey plays though , I think he may go to a back 5 again for spuds though.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:44 am
gooner265 wrote:
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Ok let me clarify what I meant (even though you knew what I meant anyway) - I want young rookie kids who havent spent the last 2 seasons in the first team squad (or more in amn case) and who have numerous premier league appearances at this stage. I want to give a starts to young players like (but not confined to) smith-rowe in games that matter fcuk all, in the hope that they can be an improvement on the failing squad that arteta continues to be loyal to despite plenty of reasons why he shouldnt. I want to see a commitment from the manager to try and develop our young academy prospects so that we dont see young talents like gnarby fcuk off out of the club and shine for big european clubs, simply because the stubborn gormless fool was loyal to players ahead of them that stevie wonder could see were not up to the task.

I just don't believe he is anti- youth , he signed up Saka and Gabi last year, has played Eddie several times ahead of Laca , it's clear he is a fan of Eddie , he needs to sign up Balogun and has reopened negotiations with him after they collapsed with Raul last year so he clearly likes the player,

i personally think in the early stages he hasn't trusted them enough to try and get results and it has failed , I'm with you that I would be happy finishing 12th this year and go with a lot of the kids and develop them.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:39 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:44 am
gooner265 wrote:
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I just don't believe he is anti- youth , he signed up Saka and Gabi last year, has played Eddie several times ahead of Laca , it's clear he is a fan of Eddie , he needs to sign up Balogun and has reopened negotiations with him after they collapsed with Raul last year so he clearly likes the player,

i personally think in the early stages he hasn't trusted them enough to try and get results and it has failed , I'm with you that I would be happy finishing 12th this year and go with a lot of the kids and develop them.

Whoa whoa whoa - who signed up who ? Saka made his breakthrough under emery, and martinelli also made his breakthrough under emery although I'm not sure who does our transfers nowadays so I dont know who identified him as a player to sign, so I cant give the credit for his signing to any one person

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:00 am
StuartL wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:12 pm
Herd wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:28 pm
This means nothing to me ,this means nothing to me oooooooooooooooooo Vienna babababa !
Oh shudduppayaface !

(Kept it off no 1)
:lol:

It's great having you pair of old trannies on here. Gives a different perspective. :lol: :wink:
Gender fluid baby Gender fluid , work on the pronouns man !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:24 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol: :lol: You clearly went to the same type of school as I did. We'd be out on the field in PE, all in our school football kits and the PE teacher would tell half of you to turn your shirt inside out, so that it looked different (marginally). That of course was fine, but the sadistic streak would often come out in our PE teachers and they'd sometimes say "Ok, skins v shirts" and they'd make half of us take our shirts off and play with no top on....and it didn't matter that it was mid winter ! :lol: