Cockbadge vadges A Sun 6th Dec KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Cockbadge vadges A Sun 6th Dec KO 430pm

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:15 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:59 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:15 pm
Emery was sacked for less.
Emery was sacked for having third place in his grasp, with four games to go, and fucked it up.
Getting smashed to pieces in a European final.
Being mocked by the club's own supporters (and players) for not being able to speak english fluently, and saying " good ebining".
Distancing himself from training the players and ultimately, a run of defeats which meant he lost the dressing room.

Arteta will not get sacked. The players are still playing for the manager. That second half performance was a lot more spirited than I expected.
The ball just did not fall kindly at all for Arsenal throughout the match. We got in some great positions but failed with the final pass. More tellingly, the reluctance of our players to shoot indicates a total lack of confidence. To me, we are having absolutely no luck. No decisions going our way.
However, we need just one ball to fall kindly for us in the box, which will get us scoring again and then I can see us going on a run of games unbeaten, and climb up the table. The components are all there. We barely let spurds out their half in the second half. We shut them down. They had two banks of five defenders 30-40 yards from their goal for most of that second half. Kane was effectively a 6th defender.
I'm annoyed we lost, but something about that second half performance indicates to me we are about to turn the corner.
I hate to break this to you, but the match was all over at half time. That second half effort means nothing.
That is the Mourinho way - wins the match, and then shuts his teams down to make sure they get the 3 points.
How do you think he has been so successful?
Is tha the same mourinho you slated this time last year saying he's over the hill, past it, and should never be allowed to manage the Arsenal. Again, I stated on before he went to spurs that mourinho would be just the right manager for us, when it became obvious emery was going to be sacked. Again I got shot down and hammered by the majority on here, including you. Now look where he is, and where we are? and you are now praising him for being successful. Like your politics you are swayed by the masses.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:15 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Emery was sacked for having third place in his grasp, with four games to go, and fucked it up.
Being mocked by the club's own supporters (and players) for not being able to speak english fluently, and saying " good ebining".
Distancing himself from training the players and ultimately, a run of defeats which meant he lost the dressing room.

Arteta will not get sacked. The players are still playing for the manager. That second half performance was a lot more spirited than I expected.
The ball just did not fall kindly at all for Arsenal throughout the match. We got in some great positions but failed with the final pass. More tellingly, the reluctance of our players to shoot indicates a total lack of confidence. To me, we are having absolutely no luck. No decisions going our way.
However, we need just one ball to fall kindly for us in the box, which will get us scoring again and then I can see us going on a run of games unbeaten, and climb up the table. The components are all there. We barely let spurds out their half in the second half. We shut them down. They had two banks of five defenders 30-40 yards from their goal for most of that second half. Kane was effectively a 6th defender.
I'm annoyed we lost, but something about that second half performance indicates to me we are about to turn the corner.
I hate to break this to you, but the match was all over at half time. That second half effort means nothing.
That is the Mourinho way - wins the match, and then shuts his teams down to make sure they get the 3 points.
How do you think he has been so successful?
Is tha the same mourinho you slated this time last year saying he's over the hill, past it, and should never be allowed to manage the Arsenal. Again, I stated on before he went to spurs that mourinho would be just the right manager for us, when it became obvious emery was going to be sacked. Again I got shot down and hammered by the majority on here, including you. Now look where he is, and where we are? and you are now praising him for being successful. Like your politics you are swayed by the masses.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:12 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Mikel, is that you?
Funny, I was asked earlier if I was wenger. Make your mind up. No consistency!!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:26 pm
I agree but then again Wanker survived worse for years on end. That's the reason we are where we are. If the club accepted the 8-2 and the 10-2 against Bayern and the 6-0 against the Chavs and the numerous 5-whatever defeats, it's hard to say this isn't acceptable. The damage was done in the summer of 2008 when they let him who has no name, redefine his role and do whatever he wanted for the next 11 years.

That's all absolutely true Perry, but as you said earlier, the Old Fraud always managed to nick a win when the pressure was really starting to build on him....he was the luckiest fucker on the planet. That said, he also didn't have us at 15th, not knowing where the next goal was coming from and with relegation suddenly a proper threat.

I'm not defending Wenger for one second here, because he is the reason the club is in this mess now (him and Stan's unambitious tolerance of him) and as you say, the club allowed Wenger to increasingly lower the bar, while telling us that we'd never had it so good.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:25 pm
We barely let spurds out their half in the second half. We shut them down.
Seriously mate? The Spuds didn’t even try to come out at us second half, no reason to as Moroniho knew we would not score twice. What team wouldn’t be happy to let the other team have 75% of the ball when they know 70% of the passes are going to be sideways or backwards? Arsenal have never been easier to play against. Stop our left hand side (Tierney/Saka) and you won’t lose the game. Arteta has made us the most predictable ‘big’ team in the last 30 years. Our right hand side with Bellend/Willian is the worst I can remember at Arsenal since the 80’s. Our central midfield is more ineffective than the Hillier/Selley/Mcgoldrick days. Our goalkeeper is marginally better than Almunia at his peak.
As for the manager, I’ve been watching Arsenal since ‘71 and I don’t remember a worse ‘manager’. We will finish this season bottom 6 unless we sack Arteta and that just isn’t going to happen because the fucknuts’ in charge’ do not want to embarrass themselves by admitting they have fucked up for the umpteenth time. This is going to be a horrible season for Gooners.

Bang on TeeCee. Whatever people think of Mourinho, he knows the game inside out and he knew it was all over at half time. Sat deep, everyone behind the ball and knew that our lot would never break them down. Fuck me, their defence barely broke sweat, just had to wait for the hopeful crosses to come in and nod them away.

Despite all that second half possession in their half, I can think of only one real save Lloris had to make from Laca's header and it would have been a howler if he hadn't made it. It never ceases to fucking amaze me (and this is nothing new btw, it's just worsened under Arteta) how few efforts on goal we manage (or even efforts off target) when we are behind in a game...even when time's fucking running out.

Does Nos seriously think that had it been 0-0 at half time, we'd have had them pinned back like that? Mourinho knew it was like taking candy from a baby and we could have played for the next fortnight and not scored. As Augie said above, when Jose praises your team and your manager, you know something is very wrong.....he'll be delighted for us to keep Arteta in place.
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:07 am
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:12 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Mikel, is that you?
Funny, I was asked earlier if I was wenger. Make your mind up. No consistency!!

To be honest Nos, there's no lack of consistency there. Arteta is Wenger-lite. I've been saying for months on here that I suspect he speaks to Wenger and takes his advice and we all remember how he was one of Il Duce's favourites and one of his capos. It would also never surprise me if the French prat advised our idiot board to replace Emery with Arteta.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:57 pm
Simply put we're fucked, clueless Manager, spineless players (sorry i don't buy into the decent squad theory at all, how many of these would get into one of our title winning squads), a Technical Director who is running this as his own personal fiefdom, money grabbing board and shite owners.

Those who think we've a decent squad have another look:

Leno - ropey as fuck and responsible for quite a few shite goals this season, unable to command his area
Runarson - plucked from utter obscurity, never heard of him before he arrived
Macey - 3rd string keeper who is never going to play, even if hell freezes over

Bellerin - fucking catwalk model definitely not a footballer, gets rinsed time after time and doesn't even have the ability to beat players these days
AMN - Has one decent game in about 10 the rest of the time is anonymous
Cedric -Soton cast off although currently would play him over Bellerin
Mustafi - FFS what more can be said about him which hasn't been said before time and again
Chambers - Another player blighted with injury and never going to meet any sort of potential he might have had
Holding - Championship player at best, nearly as prone as Mustafi to make mistakes
Gabriel - Probably the only player who is consistently decent for us
Saliba - Fuck knows, more chance of seeing snow in September than him playing
Sokratis - Started well with us then went to shit
Mari - yet another player who seems an injury waiting to happen, if he can't get a game ahead of Holding then enough said
Luiz - Chavski cast off, prone to head fucks nearly as bad as Mustafi
Kolasinac - Fucking worst of the lot in my opinion although it is a close run thing
Tierney - Only other bright spot along with Gabriel in defence however i think he is weak defensively at times

Saka - Talented but well off the boil since the start of the season, potentially another one where regular first team football has come too soon
Ceballos - Most fucking frustrating player i've seen since Ramsey, with none of Ramsey saving graces like the occasional goal, should never have been brought back
Ozil - FFS ruined by Wenger and now the most expensive layabout in history, cant even give him away..... 350k a week!!!
Partey - Potentially a good signing but injuries could yet again be a blight on his career if not managed carefully, i think tonight shows that answer
Elneny - Nowhere near good enough but at least he has some heart and is not as brainless as the Swiss turd
Willock - Fucking brainless, selfish turdhole, watch him time after time try too much or make wrong decisions, not an answer to anything
ESR - Again has potential but absolutely no chance under this manager, cant even get in ahead of Willock or Ceballos
Xhaka - fuck the fuck off, not even a Vanarama league player, yet 4 Arsenal managers, an international manager and his previous club ones play him regularly

Laca - No idea what he is supposed to be, not a striker, not a hold up player, not a goal scorer
Willian - Yet another Chavski reject collecting his pension at Arsenal, one of THE worst buys ever he brings absolutely nothing to us
Auba - Great instinctive striker if supplied correctly but his attitude stinks right now, blame Arteta for the style of play for sure but Auba has shown he can and should make things happen and right now isnt
Pepe - £72M for Donkey from Shrek..... and we thought Wenger wasted money
Nelson - Another one who may have potential but fucks knows where it is
Nketiah - Never going to be good enough, he is not a natural goal scorer at this level
Martinelli - Probably potentially the brightest light in the team right now but it matters not because he has no chance of playing ahead of Willian or Pepe even when fit

So there you have it, our squad, you really think this lot even under an Ancelloti, Simeone or Allegri would be challenging for the league? If so you need to check yourself into a mental health facility rapidly :cussing:
Not many DB10's, Wrighty's or Henry's in that lot. Not one !. Should be a half decent Championship side. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:19 am
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:26 pm
I agree but then again Wanker survived worse for years on end. That's the reason we are where we are. If the club accepted the 8-2 and the 10-2 against Bayern and the 6-0 against the Chavs and the numerous 5-whatever defeats, it's hard to say this isn't acceptable. The damage was done in the summer of 2008 when they let him who has no name, redefine his role and do whatever he wanted for the next 11 years.

That's all absolutely true Perry, but as you said earlier, the Old Fraud always managed to nick a win when the pressure was really starting to build on him....he was the luckiest fucker on the planet. That said, he also didn't have us at 15th, not knowing where the next goal was coming from and with relegation suddenly a proper threat.

I'm not defending Wenger for one second here, because he is the reason the club is in this mess now (him and Stan's unambitious tolerance of him) and as you say, the club allowed Wenger to increasingly lower the bar, while telling us that we'd never had it so good.
Absolutely. The continual tolerance of standards which in other clubs would have been totally unacceptable led us here over a number of years. All the time though we were told how everything would be fine in a few years' time. Remember how we were going to be the new Bayern Munich, back in about 2012?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 pm
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:35 pm
If being 15th in the league in December with just four wins isn't sackable, I don't fucking know what is.
Has to be. I'm expecting the announcement tomorrow.

Or I'm gonna go fucking mental. :twisted:

Are you genuinely expecting arteta to be sacked ? I dont think that he will be sacked before end of season, and I think there is more of a chance of me winning the euromillions lottery than there is of him being sacked tomorrow
Of course not augie ffs man. I was being facetious. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Too tired to fuck about with quote trees :lol:

But Nos89 mate forget where Moron-hio is now and watch where he is in May and then watch the absolute mess he leaves behind when he moves on to his next deluded club that thinks he is still a top manager. Like Wenger he is yesterday's man.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:22 am

But Nos89 mate forget where Moron-hio is now and watch where he is in May and then watch the absolute mess he leaves behind when he moves on to his next deluded club that thinks he is still a top manager. Like Wenger he is yesterday's man.
Also ! I wish to fuck people would shut da fuck up about how Emery “nearly qualified” for the clge.
He didn’t and he was sacked because we were in freefall, he had lost the entire dressing room and didn’t have a fucking clue what to do!
And before anyone points to Seville, I dont give a fuck how he is getting on in Spain!
Arteta should also be sacked, but I fear the clubs “protege” will be allowed to wreak havoc, bring utter humiliation and condemn us to lower table mediocrity or even worse for many years!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:01 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:04 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:01 pm
Nos89 I wish I had your blind optimism, to take such positives out of today’s steaming pile of turd.
Maybe when you've gone out on a limb for one manager and slated another so badly, you have to keep telling yourself it was the right move and will get better

Why let less goals than Fulham and our worst start in 45 years get in the way eh?

Because Arteta says "good evening" better than the last guy....yeah, there's a good reason
SteveO please go on the emery thread and find any post by me, before we lost on pens to liverpool in that 5-5 game, that slated emery to be sacked. Simply, you won't because I put the blame squarely at the players feet, not the then manager. After we twice had a two goal lead at anfield and still fucked it up, then i blamed the manager for not managing the game properly.
Fair play mate - sorry if I've misrepresented you. There were many on here quick to write Emery off before he'd even finished his first season and thought you were one of them.......clearly not, apologies. The 5-5 was a low moment, albeit some cracking football and goals but you're right in as much as we should have wrapped that game up

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:22 am

But still considerably better than our man :oops: :oops: Say's it all about arteta really

No89, I have always respected your opinion even when I havent agreed with them, but man there is no sense or logic to your defence of arteta -

"The players are still playing for the manager. That second half performance was a lot more spirited than I expected.
However, we need just one ball to fall kindly for us in the box, which will get us scoring again and then I can see us going on a run of games unbeaten, and climb up the table"

Do you honestly believe that the players are still playing for the manager ? I'm talking about what you see as opposed top all those ridiculous soundbites clowns like bellend keep giving to the media ? Do you believe that our captain is playing for him ?
Ball didnt fall kindly ? Has it not fallen kindly in any of the other 5 league games we have lost either ? Tbh it doesnt matter which way it falls cos we have no striker in what I would call a natural striker position to take advantage of it anyway.
Failing with the final pass is an absolute certainty when you play partey and the swiss turd in midfield, and continually picking a dogshit winger who was finished at the top level 2 years ago, and whose only good performance since he joined is against the relegation certainties that are fulham. There really is no defence for his continual picking of xhaka - none. Every fan, every media guy, every opposition fan, and even the opposition players recognise how shit he is, and yet pep's cone man continues to pick him - does that stubborness and refusal to accept that he iwas wrong to persuade him to stay, remind you of anyone ?

If you lack top level quality, and if you lack genuine top level creativity (we lack any level creativity), then at least play some young lads who have a bit of heart and might have some fire in them to show what they can do. Laca had started in neither of the last 2 league games (actually only got 9 mins in one and no game at all in the other) but impressed enough in the ropey cup against vienna to start yesterday - yet it doesnt matter how good the likes of smith-rowe, maitland-niles and nelson do in those same games, cos they will be on the bench (at best) regardless. It seems that when a senior player does well he can be reinstated, but when a young player does well it is written off cos of the quality of the opposition :roll: I like holding cos he seems to be a good guy and tries his best in every single game, but if arteta thinks that either him or mustafi (useless c.unt) are the answer, then I'm fcuked if I know what the question is :roll: Again, maybe saliba isnt the answer, but surely he is worth in try in the league cup ? Nobody can judge a player on just training sessions and u-23 games, but this spanish cock wants to fcuk him out the door without even giving him a chance - that would be ok if we had TA6, bouldie, keown etc ahead of him in the queue, but we have holding, mustafi and mari ffs, so at least give the guy a chance in the upcoming league cup game (yes I know that it is against citeeh), and give him a chance in the second half of the season instead of forcing him out of the club altogether. Some refuse to believe that arteta has an issue when it comes to putting his faith in the young players, but when martinelli comes back and is getting next to no game time, maybe then they will wake up to the reality of the guys mindset - you can throw away players like saliba and guendouzi who havent done enough yet to garner total support from the fans so the opposition from the fans to those moves mightnt amount too much, but martinelli had already proven his quality and attitude before arteta joined, and arteta wont get away with casting him aside

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

It’s impossible to defend what’s happening at Arsenal at the moment. Arteta is making an absolute mess of things and the horrible stats and records are mounting up!

I wouldn’t sack him yet and I doubt the club will anyway. When a club commits to a manager, you give him the opportunity to turn things around and I hope he gets that chance in January and into the spring.

Arteta is clearly running low on lives though.

The logic behind a tactic of endlessly crossing balls into a prolific striker (Auba) who has only ever scored 3 goals with his head for Arsenal is clearly a flawed approach.

If Arteta doesn’t sign a “big lad up front” in January then he surely needs to bring Ozil back in and start playing proper football.

And please for the love of God, get rid of Xhaka and rebuild the engine room. Sell, loan or drop him - I don’t care as long as he’s gone. This club needs to move on.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

On a side note, Bellerín this season has been penalised 6 TIMES for foul throws.

Carry on.