Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:53 pm
High fives for the heroes

A night to remember as we celebrate a point at home to Southampton. The spirit of 2020

Results aside - very pleasing
The Dunkirk spirit shone through

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:57 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

A night to remember as we celebrate a point at home to Southampton. The spirit of 2020

More like the Dundalk spirit with this shameless bunch of helmets

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I really dont understand the negativity here. If you take away the result, Arteta did a great job looking the part. He was pointing and shouting. These things are invaluable.

Does Ladbrokes take odds on a good press conference?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Zombie on for two more games and two more defeats. Trigger will have to get pulled after we lose to Brighton.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When is this NIGHTMARE going to end?

Crimbo was going to be bad enough as it was with Covid Restrictions and this never ending gut wrenching, heart breaking awfulness just adds to it.

:suicide:

Midz

Post by Midz »

The play from Saka leading to our goal was outstanding. Afraid the rest of the game was pure shite.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:57 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

yeah results aside from that well known Arsenal fan Vinai....never seen him up the Northbank

See he puts his scarf on for the games, someone must have told him its red and white....following on from that slimeball snake Gazidis

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

How fucking shite are we :oops: all the discipline of a primary school class our shower of fannies :oops: A point probably keeps planet of the apes barnet in the job a bit longer.Absolute shite.

Non flying Dutchman

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

Another slow tippy tappy can't be arsed performance.

The club is rotten from top to bottom, I am no great fan of Arteta, but getting rid of him won't change a thing.

It's a fucking Hi-de-Hi holiday camp pension fund top up club at this point.

Saka , Tierney, Gabriel keep. Rest Fuck off.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Apparently we showed great character and resilience according to the new Messiah

Well if that's true mate then the statistic I just read is that it was the youngest starting XI you've picked in the PL so far

Maybe that tells you something and you'll give youth a chance?

Or maybe that happened because of injuries and suspensions and you'll revert back to the same c.unts that have given us our worst start in 45 years

I wonder which of those two things will happen

augie

Post by augie »

Was at my kids match this evening so havent seen any of tonight's game, but do I take it that the defeat on sunday was all smith-rowe's fault ? Didnt get onto the pitch against burnley, but dropped off tonights squad even though two of sunday's squad were gone through suspension :roll: :roll:

I suppose the only plus side is that tonight we avoided setting a new record because in the history of Arsenal Football Club, they had never lost 5 consecutive home league games before, so at least we dodged that particular bullet :roll: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:23 pm
Apparently we showed great character and resilience according to the new Messiah

Well if that's true mate then the statistic I just read is that it was the youngest starting XI you've picked in the PL so far

Maybe that tells you something and you'll give youth a chance?

Or maybe that happened because of injuries and suspensions and you'll revert back to the same c.unts that have given us our worst start in 45 years

I wonder which of those two things will happen

Said to my lad on the way home from his match that arteta would come out with shite like that in the press conference :roll:

Did anyone ask him his feelings on the possession stats ? He w.anked himself silly over a meaningless 67% possession against the scum and how it showed our dominance in the game, so now we are on the other end of the possession stat he was gonna need to come up with some different angle to twist it

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:25 pm
Was at my kids match this evening so havent seen any of tonight's game, but do I take it that the defeat on sunday was all smith-rowe's fault ? Didnt get onto the pitch against burnley, but dropped off tonights squad even though two of sunday's squad were gone through suspension :roll: :roll:

I suppose the only plus side is that tonight we avoided setting a new record because in the history of Arsenal Football Club, they had never lost 5 consecutive home league games before, so at least we dodged that particular bullet :roll: :oops: :oops:
Fast forward to the bit when Gabriel gets sent off. Then watch the next 20 minutes squinting and with the sound off.

You'd have that we were playing Pep's Barca 2011 rather than Southampton...clinging on for dear life unable to cross the halfway line. A more embarrassing 20 minutes you'll struggle to find. Saints wasted some golden chances.....but apparently this is the spirit and resilience we've showed

Pleased we scored and hopefully fluke the odd point between now and year end to convince the board to spunk money on shit for this prick in January to finish the demolition job

Watch those youngsters you mention farmed out on loan in January too

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

One highlight & one lowlight. Saka's dribble & fuckwit's send off. The rest was a load of bollocks !. 26 more points for safety. :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Very similar game to Burnley in some ways.

slow, inhibited first half followed by a (relatively) decent improvement at the start of the 2nd half, quickly followed by a needless red card that kills our momentum and then we spend 30mins doing what Arteta teams do best... defend deep and boot the ball away.

Rubbish.