Night fever hair v The ginger cum gargler, Sun 13th Dec KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Night fever hair v The ginger cum gargler, Sun 13th Dec KO 715pm

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:21 am
If we go down but win the Fursday nite Cup does that mean we can still be in Europe next year ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yeah, you can be relegated and still play in the European Cup if you either win the European Cup and get relegated in the same season or win the Eurovision Fun Cup and get relegated in the same season. It would be a laugh to actually do that but we've got no chance of winning it. Relegation, every chance right now, winning something, no chance. I quite like the idea of a fourth tier team winning the FA Cup, getting into the Thursday night cup, somehow winning that and getting relegated from the football league in the same season, meaning that you'd have a non-league team in the Champions League the season after.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:54 pm
At least Brucie Rioch brought us Bergkamp
No he didn't Bob. David Dein bought Bergkamp. And apparently on Wenger's recommendation! Dein told Rioch "I can get you Bergkamp" and Rioch said "yes please". As Ian Wright said "Bruce Rioch signing Dennis Bergkamp? Please. Do me a favour."

The Rioch twat has tried to live off the "I signed Bergkamp" myth ever since.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 pm
Obviously Arteta needs to go but it still amazes me that any manager or coach at any level would look at Xhaka and not only have him in the squad but actually play him, Arteta should be sacked for that alone.
THIS ^^^
I've been saying it for 4 years. Xhaka is the worst midfielder I've ever seen in an Arsenal jersey and I can have no faith in any manager that constantly picks him....and that includes the last four blokes who've held the reins. In fact, forget "constantly picks him", I can't have any faith in a manager that puts him in the match day squad, instead of getting him out of the club as soon as possible.

This shocking player embodies what our club has become over the last decade. I've said it time and time again, but he would struggle big time in the Championship. A fucking park player who wouldn't cut it in the National League.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:29 am
Bob Bayliss wrote:
No he didn't Bob. David Dein bought Bergkamp. And apparently on Wenger's recommendation! Dein told Rioch "I can get you Bergkamp" and Rioch said "yes please". As Ian Wright said "Bruce Rioch signing Dennis Bergkamp? Please. Do me a favour."

Ok, "brought us Bergkamp" probably needs rewording. But let's put it this way, then. David Dein was an ace negotiator, but he had to sell Arsenal to Bergkamp, which meant playing under our new manager Rioch, ahead of a season when there was no prospect of European football. Can you imagine Dein in his pomp managing to persuade Bergkamp in his pomp to play for Arteta, even though we could at least offer him the chance of a European trophy? On that basis, I think it's evidence that Brucie may have been "Dagenham" (two stops past Barking, as Wrighty described him) but in the pantheon of Arsenal managers, he still ranks above our current clown.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:10 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:29 am
Bob Bayliss wrote:

Ok, "brought us Bergkamp" probably needs rewording. But let's put it this way, then. David Dein was an ace negotiator, but he had to sell Arsenal to Bergkamp, which meant playing under our new manager Rioch, ahead of a season when there was no prospect of European football. Can you imagine Dein in his pomp managing to persuade Bergkamp in his pomp to play for Arteta, even though we could at least offer him the chance of a European trophy? On that basis, I think it's evidence that Brucie may have been "Dagenham" (two stops past Barking, as Wrighty described him) but in the pantheon of Arsenal managers, he still ranks above our current clown.
Terry Neil ranks above this guy! :lol:

I also heard a story that Rioch was only ever intended as a stop gap until Dein could find a better manager. Still as much as I disliked Rioch he has said mostly respectful things about the club since he was sacked.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Dont say you wern't warned.Emery wanted to get rid of this pile of shite but the Spanish Tim Sherwood talked Xhaka into staying

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -2016.html

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:46 pm
Dont say you wern't warned.Emery wanted to get rid of this pile of shite but the Spanish Tim Sherwood talked Xhaka into staying

The myth that emery wanted Xhaka gone really bugs me. SteveO keeps banging on about it too as if endlessly repeating it somehow makes it true :lol:

From what I remember, Emery always spoke fondly of Xhaka and made him captain.

He played him every fucking week until the fans (not Emery!) finally snapped and booed the twat off the pitch to try and get their message across.

What happened next was down to Xhaka sulking and refusing to play. Emery indulged Xhaka’s sulking behaviour which I thought was weak management at the time. Emery should have made the *word censored* apologise, not pander to his hurt feelings.

It was Xhaka who wanted to leave. He wasn’t forced out by emery; it was the fans. Giving emery any credit in that whole debacle is nonsense.

In any case, even if Xhaka wanted to leave, his salary and transfer fee is too prohibitive for the clubs of the level he should be playing at. We always struggle to get rid of players so I fail to see why Xhaka would be any different.

The only way he’s ever leaving is on loan with us paying some of his wages just like the mugs we are :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:21 am
Ernie71 wrote:

The myth that emery wanted Xhaka gone really bugs me. SteveO keeps banging on about it too as if endlessly repeating it somehow makes it true :lol:

He played him every fucking week until the fans (not Emery!) finally snapped and booed the twat off the pitch to try and get their message across.

What happened next was down to Xhaka sulking and refusing to play. Emery indulged Xhaka’s sulking behaviour which I thought was weak management at the time. Emery should have made the *word censored* apologise, not pander to his hurt feelings.

It was Xhaka who wanted to leave. He wasn’t forced out by emery; it was the fans. Giving emery any credit in that whole debacle is nonsense.

In any case, even if Xhaka wanted to leave, his salary and transfer fee is too prohibitive for the clubs of the level he should be playing at. We always struggle to get rid of players so I fail to see why Xhaka would be any different.

The only way he’s ever leaving is on loan with us paying some of his wages just like the mugs we are :oops:
Read my posts dear boy. I said that the biggest mistake Emery made as manager was the ridiculous decision to allow the players to vote for captain, which ended in the Swiss dollop getting the role. I also agree with the circumstances you mention above - it wasn't a piece of dazzling brilliance on Emery's part and perhaps if that incident with telling the fans to f+++ off hadn't happened, he'd still be captain today

What I said - and what is undeniable - is that after that incident he was banished to the stiffs and the loan move was agreed for January. People on here with their "anti Emery" agenda were sprouting shit about how weak he was, and how he would allow Xhaka back in the team (probably as captain) on the back of a half arsed apology. That bit certainly didn't happen (much to the embarrassment of some here) and he was on his way out. Emery got lucky that he told the fans to fuck off - there I said it again

However, what he DIDN'T do is to pander the fucking arsehole and get him to change his mind.......we all know who is responsible for that now don't we?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:45 am
g88ner wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

Read my posts dear boy. I said that the biggest mistake Emery made as manager was the ridiculous decision to allow the players to vote for captain, which ended in the Swiss dollop getting the role. I also agree with the circumstances you mention above - it wasn't a piece of dazzling brilliance on Emery's part and perhaps if that incident with telling the fans to f+++ off hadn't happened, he'd still be captain today

What I said - and what is undeniable - is that after that incident he was banished to the stiffs and the loan move was agreed for January. People on here with their "anti Emery" agenda were sprouting shit about how weak he was, and how he would allow Xhaka back in the team (probably as captain) on the back of a half arsed apology. That bit certainly didn't happen (much to the embarrassment of some here) and he was on his way out. Emery got lucky that he told the fans to fuck off - there I said it again

However, what he DIDN'T do is to pander the fucking arsehole and get him to change his mind.......we all know who is responsible for that now don't we?
Was it DB10 ? :rubchin: I know he is a huge fan :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:52 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:45 am
g88ner wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

Was it DB10 ? :rubchin: I know he is a huge fan :barscarf:
Ooh the outrage! :shock:

Ooh you dirty wangah!! :x

Why I oughta! :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

100% bang on the money g88ner. EMERY welcomed Xhakatard back into the fold.

I've said it for months. The "he nearly got rid of x" myth has gotten ridiculous. If we were to believe all the silly myths about Emery's tenure then apparently he was about to get rid of all the gash players, make us play like our 02 and 04 teams combined with Pep's peak era Barcawhores and go on to win the quadruple unbeaten ffs! :lol: :wink:

But oh no nasty Arsenal fans denied him that opportunity based on nothing but some vague dislike of his inability to speak clear English??!! :lol:

It's amazing how much better Dick's tenure has gotten over the last few months. It's almost like he didn't send us into a nosedive, didn't get it tactically wrong almost every game in that final year, didn't confuse the players to the extent that they had no clue what the system was supposed to be, didn't have the team playing awful football, didn't select the captain with a fucking popularity competition, didn't fuck about with 9 (NINE!) different captains in 78 games, didn't set his own worst league start record, didn't throw away one of the easiest run-ins in league history, and didn't get humiliated by an average chav side in the EL final. :roll:

But no what brought him down was we didn't like him apparently! :lol: :roll:

I personally loved him. I loved his style, his efforts to learn a foreign language, his GG-like habit of wearing the club suit and tie to show pride and class. 8)

Unfortunately that's all Emery was - a likeable image of a manager. It's a shame it didn't work out but it didn't and I'm glad he's gone.

Cue a couple of punters now accusing me of loving Arteta and wanting him to be our manager forever! :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:31 am
g88ner wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

100% bang on the money g88ner. EMERY welcomed Xhakatard back into the fold.

I've said it for months. The "he nearly got rid of x" myth has gotten ridiculous. If we were to believe all the silly myths about Emery's tenure then apparently he was about to get rid of all the gash players, make us play like our 02 and 04 teams combined with Pep's peak era Barcawhores and go on to win the quadruple unbeaten ffs! :lol: :wink:

But oh no nasty Arsenal fans denied him that opportunity based on nothing but some vague dislike of his inability to speak clear English??!! :lol:

It's amazing how much better Dick's tenure has gotten over the last few months. It's almost like he didn't send us into a nosedive, didn't get it tactically wrong almost every game in that final year, didn't confuse the players to the extent that they had no clue what the system was supposed to be, didn't have the team playing awful football, didn't select the captain with a fucking popularity competition, didn't fuck about with 9 (NINE!) different captains in 78 games, didn't set his own worst league start record, didn't throw away one of the easiest run-ins in league history, and didn't get humiliated by an average chav side in the EL final. :roll:

But no what brought him down was we didn't like him apparently! :lol: :roll:

I personally loved him. I loved his style, his efforts to learn a foreign language, his GG-like habit of wearing the club suit and tie to show pride and class. 8)

Unfortunately that's all Emery was - a likeable image of a manager. It's a shame it didn't work out but it didn't and I'm glad he's gone.

Cue a couple of punters now accusing me of loving Arteta and wanting him to be our manager forever! :lol: :wink:
You should have posted that last night, then you could have finished it with.

"Thank you and good ebening" :wink: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Pepe got sent off a few weeks ago issued an apology on social media, Gabriel sent off last night, issued an apology on social media, Xhaka sent off, no apology whatsoever

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:55 am
Pepe got sent off a few weeks ago issued an apology on social media, Gabriel sent off last night, issued an apology on social media, Xhaka sent off, no apology whatsoever
I hate that social media apology shite because all the arseholes following them let them away with it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:15 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:55 am
I hate that social media apology shite because all the arseholes following them let them away with it.
I agree with you but also it says everything about the Xhakatard cùnt that he can't even pretend he knows he fucked up or pretend to show remorse. :censored: