Night fever hair v The ginger cum gargler, Sun 13th Dec KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Night fever hair v The ginger cum gargler, Sun 13th Dec KO 715pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:31 am
g88ner wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:21 am
Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:46 pm
Dont say you wern't warned.Emery wanted to get rid of this pile of shite but the Spanish Tim Sherwood talked Xhaka into staying

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -2016.html
The myth that emery wanted Xhaka gone really bugs me. SteveO keeps banging on about it too as if endlessly repeating it somehow makes it true :lol:

From what I remember, Emery always spoke fondly of Xhaka and made him captain.

He played him every fucking week until the fans (not Emery!) finally snapped and booed the twat off the pitch to try and get their message across.

What happened next was down to Xhaka sulking and refusing to play. Emery indulged Xhaka’s sulking behaviour which I thought was weak management at the time. Emery should have made the *word censored* apologise, not pander to his hurt feelings.

It was Xhaka who wanted to leave. He wasn’t forced out by emery; it was the fans. Giving emery any credit in that whole debacle is nonsense.

In any case, even if Xhaka wanted to leave, his salary and transfer fee is too prohibitive for the clubs of the level he should be playing at. We always struggle to get rid of players so I fail to see why Xhaka would be any different.

The only way he’s ever leaving is on loan with us paying some of his wages just like the mugs we are :oops:
100% bang on the money g88ner. EMERY welcomed Xhakatard back into the fold.

I've said it for months. The "he nearly got rid of x" myth has gotten ridiculous. If we were to believe all the silly myths about Emery's tenure then apparently he was about to get rid of all the gash players, make us play like our 02 and 04 teams combined with Pep's peak era Barcawhores and go on to win the quadruple unbeaten ffs! :lol: :wink:

But oh no nasty Arsenal fans denied him that opportunity based on nothing but some vague dislike of his inability to speak clear English??!! :lol:

It's amazing how much better Dick's tenure has gotten over the last few months. It's almost like he didn't send us into a nosedive, didn't get it tactically wrong almost every game in that final year, didn't confuse the players to the extent that they had no clue what the system was supposed to be, didn't have the team playing awful football, didn't select the captain with a fucking popularity competition, didn't fuck about with 9 (NINE!) different captains in 78 games, didn't set his own worst league start record, didn't throw away one of the easiest run-ins in league history, and didn't get humiliated by an average chav side in the EL final. :roll:

But no what brought him down was we didn't like him apparently! :lol: :roll:

I personally loved him. I loved his style, his efforts to learn a foreign language, his GG-like habit of wearing the club suit and tie to show pride and class. 8)

Unfortunately that's all Emery was - a likeable image of a manager. It's a shame it didn't work out but it didn't and I'm glad he's gone.

Cue a couple of punters now accusing me of loving Arteta and wanting him to be our manager forever! :lol: :wink:
You should have posted that last night, then you could have finished it with.

"Thank you and good ebening" :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Tbh I found that an endearing quality of his.

Same as when Wenger first arrived and he mispronounced certain words.

Of course I grew to then hate certain Wengerisms like "leetle beet neegle", "handbrake" and "internal transfer market". :x