CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonersid »

I see the utterly detestable Starmer, playing politics with the pandemic yet again, this time on levels of support for people who are isolating!
There is a huge vote taking place on the “tier system” in England this week, yet this c u n t s party will be fucking abstaining, what a watery fucking c u n t he is.
Won’t back the government, but won’t vote against them either!
A more snide, deceitful bastard, I don’t think I can call to mind.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:50 pm
I see the utterly detestable Starmer, playing politics with the pandemic yet again, this time on levels of support for people who are isolating!
There is a huge vote taking place on the “tier system” in England this week, yet this c u n t s party will be fucking abstaining, what a watery fucking c u n t he is.
Won’t back the government, but won’t vote against them either!
A more snide, deceitful bastard, I don’t think I can call to mind.
You never attempted to get programmes you purchased from Merson is God, I take it ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The whole thing is a fuck up , it was September that the rate began to rise again coincidentally when the schools went back . Now as far as my family is concerned Christmas is off . I have 1 grandchild who came home from school last week with a confirmed test . One week later her parents both of whom have been working from home have tested positive as well , She has only been out to school that is the only contact they have had with the outside world as all deliveries have been left in the porch by delivery drivers .
Schools are spreading it , not pubs and restaurants , they should have been closed immediately

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One of the lunatic conspiracy anti masker cùnts here just got jailed for two months for refusing to wear a mask on public transport.

:barscarf:

This wànker is fairly well known as part of the conspiracy lunatic racist nazi bitch Gemma O'Doherty's gaggle of braindead wànk wounds. :censored:

I'm delighted. I hope he gets the ringpiece brutally pounded off him every day of those two months the fucking moronic prick. 8)

If you refuse to wear a mask in public you are a moron and a cùnt. That is a FACT. 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:59 pm
The whole thing is a fuck up , it was September that the rate began to rise again coincidentally when the schools went back . Now as far as my family is concerned Christmas is off . I have 1 grandchild who came home from school last week with a confirmed test . One week later her parents both of whom have been working from home have tested positive as well , She has only been out to school that is the only contact they have had with the outside world as all deliveries have been left in the porch by delivery drivers .
Schools are spreading it , not pubs and restaurants , they should have been closed immediately
I agree that the Schools are spreading it.
This is why we should have locked down when both SAGE and the Labour part leader suggested (for a month around the October half term).
Personally I would have closed the schools for an extra week at that point as well.
The other mistake the government made was to not lock down properly - I barely noticed the difference last month to be honest.

Had there been a proper lockdown and at the right time we would now be going into Christmas with cases much lower and the hospitality sector might then have actually had the opportunity to make some money at this important time for them.

But oh no not only have we killed off more of the population than anywhere in Europe, we have trashed the economy as well.
A total shambles - I think the government is competing with Arsenal to see who can create the biggest fuck up!

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:34 am
A11M11 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:59 pm
I agree that the Schools are spreading it.
This is why we should have locked down when both SAGE and the Labour part leader suggested (for a month around the October half term).
Personally I would have closed the schools for an extra week at that point as well.
The other mistake the government made was to not lock down properly - I barely noticed the difference last month to be honest.

Had there been a proper lockdown and at the right time we would now be going into Christmas with cases much lower and the hospitality sector might then have actually had the opportunity to make some money at this important time for them.

But oh no not only have we killed off more of the population than anywhere in Europe, we have trashed the economy as well.
A total shambles - I think the government is competing with Arsenal to see who can create the biggest fuck up!

Italy have knocked us down to 2nd place in Europe if you are going on the official figures.

Totally agree that half term (with a possible extra week or even two ) could well have made a huge difference.

Announcing the extension of furlough till April, now, some 4 months away, indicates they know damn well from the modelling that we are nowhere near getting through this antidote or no antidote. Stay safe my Gooner brethren :barscarf:

Are people now more complacent due to the miracle cure being administered to the old folk and nurses ?

We are in this for another 6 months to a year is my guess ( and fingers crossed it doesn’t mutate too much that we can’t keep up with it )

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Spot on mate. I think it has got at least a year to go yet as vaccinations won’t be done until then and of course we have to hope it doesn’t mutate.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://twitter.com/rupert_pearse/statu ... 0052290560

Great tweet from an ICU doctor, note what he says about the economy he's spot on.

"People debate impacts on the economy versus public health as if it’s a straight trade-off. It’s not. Poor health leads to poor wealth. A simple fact. It’s not credible that anyone would claim to care about economic impact on the little guy, but not worry if they live or die. 8/10"

People who haven't followed guidance only have themselves to blame.

nut flush gooner

Im gonna sound like a brexiteer but what the fuck are the Europeans and large swathes of other continents doing isolating/sealing off the UK from the rest of the world.

The latest strain of covid deemed so virulent we are effectively in lockdown was only discovered because we have the best genomic sequencing labs in the world. So we in good faith put out information about a more virulent strain of covid and we get shafted, with our supply lines cut off in Dover. Hate to tell the Europeans, as it was discovered in September this strain is all over the continent.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Perfect opportunity to flex their Brexit example muscles. You can bet that the new strain is already there in fact there are reports that it originated in Spain .
THe consequence of shutting this border has exposed the potential damage to the uk’s just in time assembling but also exposes potential problems for Ireland and their road bridge. Going the long way around Cornwall from Dublin and Rosslaire is not cost effective and will be slower.
I just hope that now their usefulness over Brexit is coming to an end their friends in. Europe don’t throw them under the bus .

Midz

Post by Midz »

We're in Tier 4/5/6/7 whatever the fuck they wanna make up when it suits them, and we're supposed to stay home blah blah blah...

So, the government in their infinite wisdom allow a firework display which costs a pretty penny to go ahead on NYE that would draw a crowd regardless.

Fucking c.unts could have used that money on something more worthwhile rather than waste it on that shit!

I fucking hate them!! Hypocritical c.unts!!

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:45 pm
We're in Tier 4/5/6/7 whatever the fuck they wanna make up when it suits them, and we're supposed to stay home blah blah blah...

So, the government in their infinite wisdom allow a firework display which costs a pretty penny to go ahead on NYE that would draw a crowd regardless.

Fucking c.unts could have used that money on something more worthwhile rather than waste it on that shit!

I fucking hate them!! Hypocritical c.unts!!
Agree Midz,

My local town council decided (or voted maybe) that they wouldn’t have the Christmas lights on this year, that they usually do, instead the £3,000 it would have cost went to the local food bank.

I still don’t know how playing football and hugging and kissing after scoring a goal is still allowed, :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Great tweet from an ICU doctor, note what he says about the economy he's spot on.

"People debate impacts on the economy versus public health as if it’s a straight trade-off. It’s not. Poor health leads to poor wealth. A simple fact. It’s not credible that anyone would claim to care about economic impact on the little guy, but not worry if they live or die. 8/10"

And the ICU doctor is totally ignoring the impact lockdown's and the economy has on government departments - reality is that if people are losing their jobs or are on the pup scheme they are not paying taxes, and it is those very taxes that are paying the wages of that icu doctor and all his colleagues, and are running hospitals. That icu doctor (and his ilk) will be the very one's slating the governments for a lack of funding to tackle ongoing health problems (not just covid) and the lack of resources :roll:
I'm not dissing or belittling the work that the people in the health care system in countries all over the world are doing because no doubt they are doing trojan work, but isnt that what they were trained for and are paid for ? I can only talk about here in Ireland so I dunno if it is the same in (former european state :wink: ) uk, but over here our health care workers are being cannonised, and our teachers are complaining about the stress and pressure on them and the fact that they are being put at risk - I'm sorry but arent they being paid big bucks to educate our kids ?? There are shop workers, bakers, dairy workers and general factory workers who are working every day for a fraction of the wages teachers are on, but are doing so to ensure that all of us (inc teachers) have food on our tables, and there isnt a word from them (or their unions) looking for them to be allowed sit home on full wages :evil:

It seems to me that people have put too much faith in the plan that the vaccine will get the world back on it's feet again - the world health organisation have come out publicly and stated that the vaccines will not stop us getting covid and nor will it stop us transmitting it to others, so how significant a difference can it make ?? It seems (from all the medical statements coming from the qualified people) that the only way this virus is going anywhere is when enough people contract the virus and their bodies build an immunity to it, and lockdowns certainly wont help that. Are we looking at another 12 months of this shit ? We are 9 months into now and can we honestly say that we have made any progress ? This is my gripe when people call for schools to be closed down - should we consign our youth to an extended spell with no education ? What will we be doing to their futures both academically and job wise ? Are we expecting all these kids to stay home for as long as it takes to rid the world of this virus ? Are we expecting to take away their time in schools, their time playing sports and not expect them to go out meeting their friends during all that free time they have ? Given that the devil plays with (some) idle minds, do we believe that we wont see an increase in public order incidents when groups of kids meet up together in parks or towns ? I get that there understandable knee jerk demands for schools to be closed down and if it was a short term action that would make a significant long term impact I would support it - the reality is though that every time the countries open up a bit the numbers go through the roof again, and we need to accept that we are gonna need to live with this and face up to it

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I booked our flights for Majorca in August yesterday!
Hopefully the vaccination programme have us over the worst by then.
Supposed to be going to Butlins in Minehead in May, not so sure that will happen!
Can't bear the thought of no summer hols again this year, being furloughed for 8 weeks last time took the sting out of it, but the thought of 8 months coming up at work with no hols to look forward to :cry:

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:46 pm

And the ICU doctor is totally ignoring the impact lockdown's and the economy has on government departments - reality is that if people are losing their jobs or are on the pup scheme they are not paying taxes, and it is those very taxes that are paying the wages of that icu doctor and all his colleagues, and are running hospitals. That icu doctor (and his ilk) will be the very one's slating the governments for a lack of funding to tackle ongoing health problems (not just covid) and the lack of resources :roll:
I'm not dissing or belittling the work that the people in the health care system in countries all over the world are doing because no doubt they are doing trojan work, but isnt that what they were trained for and are paid for ? I can only talk about here in Ireland so I dunno if it is the same in (former european state :wink: ) uk, but over here our health care workers are being cannonised, and our teachers are complaining about the stress and pressure on them and the fact that they are being put at risk - I'm sorry but arent they being paid big bucks to educate our kids ?? There are shop workers, bakers, dairy workers and general factory workers who are working every day for a fraction of the wages teachers are on, but are doing so to ensure that all of us (inc teachers) have food on our tables, and there isnt a word from them (or their unions) looking for them to be allowed sit home on full wages :evil:

It seems to me that people have put too much faith in the plan that the vaccine will get the world back on it's feet again - the world health organisation have come out publicly and stated that the vaccines will not stop us getting covid and nor will it stop us transmitting it to others, so how significant a difference can it make ?? It seems (from all the medical statements coming from the qualified people) that the only way this virus is going anywhere is when enough people contract the virus and their bodies build an immunity to it, and lockdowns certainly wont help that. Are we looking at another 12 months of this shit ? We are 9 months into now and can we honestly say that we have made any progress ? This is my gripe when people call for schools to be closed down - should we consign our youth to an extended spell with no education ? What will we be doing to their futures both academically and job wise ? Are we expecting all these kids to stay home for as long as it takes to rid the world of this virus ? Are we expecting to take away their time in schools, their time playing sports and not expect them to go out meeting their friends during all that free time they have ? Given that the devil plays with (some) idle minds, do we believe that we wont see an increase in public order incidents when groups of kids meet up together in parks or towns ? I get that there understandable knee jerk demands for schools to be closed down and if it was a short term action that would make a significant long term impact I would support it - the reality is though that every time the countries open up a bit the numbers go through the roof again, and we need to accept that we are gonna need to live with this and face up to it
Health and wealth are intertwined, that is a fact whether it relates to a nations economy or an individual's personal finances.

I will come back to this tomorrow, theres a footy match on in 45 mins!