Peps cone man v Pep Tues 22nd Dec KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Peps cone man v Pep Tues 22nd Dec KO 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

What to say about this :rubchin: unlubed..rough..anal destruction..That about covers it :| Fuck off beegee hairdo just fuck the fuck off.

SteveO 35

Re: Peps cone man v Pep Tues 22nd Dec KO 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Thought I'd just get the facts in ahead of this guaranteed 0-3 rodgering before the PR machine kicks in

This isn't the Man City centurions of a couple of seasons ago, nor is it even a shadow of the City side that lost 9 Premier League games last season

This is a Man City side that have scored seven away goals this season - less than Brighton, Newcastle and level with Fulham (still one more than us obviously but that's just "small details")

This is a Man City team that have their expensive Brazilian version of Nketiah wandering around on his own up front, whilst those behind him play Arsenal 2010 football.

Just before anyone at the club says what an amazing team they are. I know results don't matter anymore but just in case

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Rumour has it that we have a new banner ready for this game, especially commissioned by Edu and the board

Next to the Black Lives Matter banner, we've got a new one saying Results Don't Matter

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

The big question is whether saliba will be in the match day squad much less the team :rubchin: Pep's cone man was bleating to the press lately about how it is upsetting it is for him to not being able to give saliba any game time, so we'll see where he stands here then seeing as this is the ONLY competition that saliba can play in :roll:

Of course the obvious outcome on team selection will be a back 4 of chambers or soares, mustafi, mari and kolasniac - why shouldnt he keep faith with those who have shown for years that they aint up to this level :roll: :oops: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:52 pm
The big question is whether saliba will be in the match day squad much less the team :rubchin: Pep's cone man was bleating to the press lately about how it is upsetting it is for him to not being able to give saliba any game time, so we'll see where he stands here then seeing as this is the ONLY competition that saliba can play in :roll:

Of course the obvious outcome on team selection will be a back 4 of chambers or soares, mustafi, mari and kolasniac - why shouldnt he keep faith with those who have shown for years that they aint up to this level :roll: :oops: :oops:
That's the back line sorted - no hope of seeing Saliba under this cock

Willock might get a run out, but not Smith Rowe. Fascinated to see what he does with Martinelli

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

As it's been against City for the last however long, it depends if they're really in the mood to put themselves out once they're two or three ahead. I can't see Pep wanting to knife his old lover in the back, so it'll be 3-0 to them, with them 3-0 up at half-time and just knocking it about for the entire second half.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:03 pm
so it'll be 3-0 to them, with them 3-0 up at half-time and just knocking it about for the entire second half.
that about sums it up.

Do any of you guys still watch our games?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Midz wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:28 pm
so it'll be 3-0 to them, with them 3-0 up at half-time and just knocking it about for the entire second half.
that about sums it up.

Really I just watch them these days as way of seeing how the future we all predicted 12 years ago is being played out to its desperate and futile end.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

As it's been against City for the last however long, it depends if they're really in the mood to put themselves out once they're two or three ahead. I can't see Pep wanting to knife his old lover in the back, so it'll be 3-0 to them, with them 3-0 up at half-time and just knocking it about for the entire second half.
But there will be a spell in that second half where we have 78% possession, and afterwards we'll hear how you can say how much everyone wants it and how it's just the "small details" that let us down - you know, the ones like defending properly, creating chances occasionally and scoring goals

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
that about sums it up.

Losing all enthusiasm for watching the games if I'm honest, even though up to this time I have watched every game that was live on sky or bt. Some of the reason I have stayed watching is cos I want to see how some of the younger players are getting on, but those appearances are getting rarer by the day so watching the older proven failures is not as tempting.
Tomorrow night I will certainly miss most of the first half cos I am out playing 5 a side for the first time in months, and that has more attraction for me than watching mustafi and kolasniac getting cleaned for fun :oops:

Btw, can the swiss turd play in this or does his suspension cover league cup games too ? The league game isnt under the control of the premier league so I would imagine the ban doesnt apply here, and if so it will be interesting to see if he plays the useless c.unt in this game to keep him match sharp for christmas games

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:21 am
Midz wrote:
that about sums it up.

Losing all enthusiasm for watching the games if I'm honest, even though up to this time I have watched every game that was live on sky or bt. Some of the reason I have stayed watching is cos I want to see how some of the younger players are getting on, but those appearances are getting rarer by the day so watching the older proven failures is not as tempting.
Tomorrow night I will certainly miss most of the first half cos I am out playing 5 a side for the first time in months, and that has more attraction for me than watching mustafi and kolasniac getting cleaned for fun :oops:

Btw, can the swiss turd play in this or does his suspension cover league cup games too ? The league game isnt under the control of the premier league so I would imagine the ban doesnt apply here, and if so it will be interesting to see if he plays the useless c.unt in this game to keep him match sharp for christmas games
Certainly the days when I used to plan what I did at weekends around all things Arsenal have long since gone - in fairness long before Arteta joined. Because of the restrictions that have been in place recently I find myself at home more often than normal, so have watched more of the games. However, once normality returns it will be one of those "if I'm in, I'll watch it" type scenarios.

I'm afraid the cone man has strangled any remaining enjoyment out of it for me. The football is the worst I've seen in over 40 years of watching Arsenal, even the last year of GG and the early 80s period. At least in those teams there was the odd gem, and in the mid 90s the best backline in the country. Nothing to be remotely proud of with this bunch of cocks or manager. Couldn't give two fucks if any of them left

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:21 am
Midz wrote:
that about sums it up.

Haha, Augie, Augie, Augie..... you're joking right, tell me you're joking.... he will play in every game he is available for and will lead the way in resolving all the issues the team has, as he has for the 3 previous Managers/Coaches, you just can't have enough of a great thing :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Auba out
Swiss fannybulge serving last of his 3games..so at least we can look forward to him lumbeeing around club footed v The chavs :oops:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arteta talking today at press conference

He said, ahead of the Carabao Cup clash with Manchester City : ‘Last year we won the game against Everton with a 25 per cent chance of winning, you win 3-2,’.

‘Last weekend, it was a 67 per cent chance of winning, any Premier League game in history, and a nine per cent chance of losing, and you lose.

‘Three per cent against Burnley and you lose, seven per cent against Spurs and you lose. There is something else apart from that. It is not just the performance on the pitch, it is something else that needs to go our way and at the moment it doesn’t.

‘Saying that, it doesn’t care because you lose and the only thing that cares is that you lose a football match and this is what we hear.’

Midz

Post by Midz »

Forgot we were still in this competition ... well at least until 10.00pm tomorrow we are.
Be nice if Martinelli gets a run out, Balogun too.