Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Unai Emery

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:55 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:37 pm
Officially appointed Villareal manager and I for one wish him all the very best !
Me too! :barscarf:

Sadly for him, he won’t get to manage Santi Cazorla :(
Santi was a top top player. Loved him. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:15 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:55 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:37 pm
Officially appointed Villareal manager and I for one wish him all the very best !
Me too! :barscarf:

Sadly for him, he won’t get to manage Santi Cazorla :(
Santi was a top top player. Loved him. 8)

Well I for one wish Santi all the very best!!! :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Almost a year since dear old Dick got the El Bow.......

Villareal sitting 2nd in La Liga with 1 defeat in 10 games (against Barcawhores) and have already taken points off Atletico, Real and Valencia in those opening games.

Would love to see him pick up a pot in Spain and challenge for the title.

Only ever had decent things to say about us even when he left, so wish him all the best. I fucking hate Real Madrid and Barcelona anyway, so it might as well be Villareal for me!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Great chance for someone to break out this season that’s for sure. Real and Barca are an absolute shambles at the moment, keeping Messi against his will was always going to turn Barca toxic and Zidane’s second stint at Madrid has been dire, Hazard has bombed and they look flaky as fuck home or away.

My heart bleeds for the pair of c.unts :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:49 pm
Great chance for someone to break out this season that’s for sure. Real and Barca are an absolute shambles at the moment, keeping Messi against his will was always going to turn Barca toxic and Zidane’s second stint at Madrid has been dire, Hazard has bombed and they look flaky as fuck home or away.

Real Sociedad are top :D :D

Famous for John Toshack and erm....erm...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Madrid drew and Barca lost this weekend. Watching the decline of those 2 absolute c.unts is hilarious.

Messi phoning it in, 120 million pounds worth of absolute shit on the wing in Coutinho, and Koeman completely lost on the sideline.

Fuck the whores :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:09 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Real Sociedad are top :D :D

Famous for John Toshack and erm....erm...

Dalien atkinson (rip) and the scouse c.unt that is aldridge :roll: Up until that time theywere 100% basque and you have to tip your hat to themselves and bilbao who stay through to their regions

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

2018/19 - Played 9 Won 7 Drew 0 Lost 2 Points 21 Goal diff +11

But he wasn't fired for that SteveO - he was fired for his disasterous second season

2019/20 - Played 9 Won 4 Drew 3 Lost 2 Points 15 Goal diff +1

Lets make a positive change

2020/21 Played 9 Won 4 Drew 1 Lost 4 Points 13 Goal diff -1

So, when does this season have to go as badly wrong as the last one then? Another enthusiasm sapping, turgid 90 minutes of utter tedium. Eight hours searching for a goal from open play and no nearer to finding one

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 pm

But he wasn't fired for that SteveO - he was fired for his disasterous second season

So, when does this season have to go as badly wrong as the last one then? Another enthusiasm sapping, turgid 90 minutes of utter tedium. Eight hours searching for a goal from open play and no nearer to finding one
I don't know how people can still defend him

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 pm

I don't know how people can still defend him
I hate to think of the dog's abuse a British or Irish manager would be getting now with his record and style of play this season. I'm sure the popular "tactically naive" or "out of his depth" would be being mentioned every game. Instead with Arteta its perceived as being some sort of tactical masterplan. The players were celebrating a 0-0 draw with Leeds at the end like they'd achieved something - that's the standards round these parts these days

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/23/unai-eme ... -13796137/

19 games unbeaten :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I wonder if their fans will try and airbrush it from history next year and put it all down to luck

augie

Post by augie »

He wasnt popular cos of his brand of football - has anyone watched the shite we are throwing up under pep's cone boy ??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:52 pm
He wasnt popular cos of his brand of football - has anyone watched the shite we are throwing up under pep's cone boy ??
What's your point? Because Arteta is shit suddenly Dick wasn't? :lol:

I think it's pretty safe to say we are all aware of how shit we are under Gibb-Lite buddy.

Dick was the wrong man for the job. End of. Arteta is also the wrong man for the job. Very wrong. But we all said that from day one - well except for Sid..... :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:13 pm
augie wrote:

I think it's pretty safe to say we are all aware of how shit we are under Gibb-Lite buddy.

Dick was the wrong man for the job. End of. Arteta is also the wrong man for the job. Very wrong. But we all said that from day one - well except for Sid..... :lol: :wink:

My point my umpa lumpa friend, is that in the article one of the things they said was that the shit football style under emery was one of the reasons that he got sacked, and my point is that the football under this fool is way worse and yet he seems untouchable :shock: :shock:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:13 pm
augie wrote:

My point my umpa lumpa friend, is that in the article one of the things they said was that the shit football style under emery was one of the reasons that he got sacked, and my point is that the football under this fool is way worse and yet he seems untouchable :shock: :shock:
Ya pair of freestate rednecks!
First ya Dub! Arteta was never my first choice, yet after the end of last season pandemic farce, winning the fa cup and some very encouraging performances, I did think we may have struck gold!
I have been however, been as quick to recognise I was wrong, just as I was with my reserved early enthusiasm for Emery!
Augie?? Sacked because of his style of football??
Are you fucking mental?
He was sacked because we couldnt buy a win!
We were in freefall!
Yes Arteta is arguably worse and should be sacked, but for fuck sake, I'd have Wenger back ahead of the idiot Emery!
And happy new year, ya pair of knackers :box: