Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by goonertux »

You can add Gabriel, Mari (maybe) and Saliba (if we ever see him) to that list. Onwards and upwards!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:15 pm
wibble wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Bergkamp-esque from Saka! :barscarf:
In that he scored a goal he didn’t mean? :wink:

But he DID mean it, if you watch him as he approaches down the left flank, he looks over at the goalie 2 steps then chip!

Also; when interviewed after the match he said Yes, he did mean it .. and he seems like the kind of young lad who wouldn't bullshit about such a thing or attempt to gain popularity by lying ... from the interviews I've seen of him he has always come across as being down-to-earth & humble ... something of a rarity in the heady & financially driven world of young footballers these days...

I believe him and Yup! very Bergkamp(esque).

Saka
Martinelli
Tierney
Smith-Rowe

are all looking like they could be part of a bright Arsenal future.
Just seen again on you tube, he looks up before recieving the ball at the keeper....no mis hit cross.....i really believe he meant it......he will gain in confidence and get better....

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Dear Audrey
When The Arsenal bought a young player named Pepe for 73 million i thought this is a player who will
shimmy around defenders, cross balls for players to score and score a shitload of goals himself.

Was i wrong???

Regards Barry from Cork ROI.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dear Barry,

We all thought he would be something special and dance and dazzle his way through opposition players and defences; especially with
a price tag of £72million. Sadly we were all mistaken, it seems that Arsenal FC were sold a duff and now they are stuck with him.

I wish I could give you better news, but all I can do is empathise and sympathise, especially as Arsenal FC are now going to have to try and off-load him for the equivalent of less that 1% of what they paid for him, if they are lucky.

Yours sincerely

Audrey

:( :( :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:49 pm
Dear Barry,

We all thought he would be something special and dance and dazzle his way through opposition players and defences; especially with
a price tag of £72million. Sadly we were all mistaken, it seems that Arsenal FC were sold a duff and now they are stuck with him.

I wish I could give you better news, but all I can do is empathise and sympathise, especially as Arsenal FC are now going to have to try and off-load him for the equivalent of less that 1% of what they paid for him, if they are lucky.

Yours sincerely

Audrey

:( :( :(
Ahhhh......but think of that lovely 'resale' value. Who'd want a waster like Zaha eh, when you can have the modern day Glenn Helder !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

corkbarry wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:48 pm
Dear Audrey
When The Arsenal bought a young player named Pepe for 73 million i thought this is a player who will
shimmy around defenders, cross balls for players to score and score a shitload of goals himself.

Was i wrong???

Regards Barry from Cork ROI.
Dear Barry,

Yes you were wrong, it was only £72m

Yours

Audrey

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

It's always nice to podger these arseholes 8) they were absolute shite and the goalie they're all wanking themselves over looked like a cross between almunia flappy and the Icelandic pub player we bought to replace safe hands Martinez :oops:
I have a feeling if the pen goes in for 3-2 they would've nicked a point or worse.One swallow doesn't make a summer and I fully expect dropped points at Brighton,I hope I'm proved wrong though :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:17 am
It's always nice to podger these arseholes 8) they were absolute shite and the goalie they're all wanking themselves over looked like a cross between almunia flappy and the Icelandic pub player we bought to replace safe hands Martinez :oops:
I have a feeling if the pen goes in for 3-2 they would've nicked a point or worse.One swallow doesn't make a whore and I fully expect dropped points at Brighton,I hope I'm proved wrong though :barscarf:
I think I agree, BUT If, IF we do somehow manage to get a win at the mighty Brighton, then hopefully (yet again) the squad might just gain enough self-belief and confidence to continue along that particular road of victory, well at least till we get raped by the scousers or $hitty - Mind you that will depend on Arteta's team selection/s..

We all know that the clubfoot cuntbag having scored a world free-kick will once more be first name on the sheet, whilst the real players in the squad: Smith-Rowe and Martinelli will be sidelined to the bench once more...

Yes, thinking about it no matter what happens we IZ FUCKKED. :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:08 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
I have a feeling if the pen goes in for 3-2 they would've nicked a point or worse.One swallow doesn't make a whore and I fully expect dropped points at Brighton,I hope I'm proved wrong though :barscarf:
I think I agree, BUT If, IF we do somehow manage to get a win at the mighty Brighton, then hopefully (yet again) the squad might just gain enough self-belief and confidence to continue along that particular road of victory, well at least till we get raped by the scousers or $hitty - Mind you that will depend on Arteta's team selection/s..

We all know that the clubfoot cuntbag having scored a world free-kick will once more be first name on the sheet, whilst the real players in the squad: Smith-Rowe and Martinelli will be sidelined to the bench once more...

To be honest, with Partey confirmed as being out I'm already resigned to the Swiss mong being ever present until he returns

The biggest one for me is if one of the three attacking midfielders misses out and he restores Willian :banghead: :banghead: If that dopey c.unt gets in ahead of any of those young lads it will be an absolute outrage

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:25 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:08 pm
falkirk goon wrote:

To be honest, with Partey confirmed as being out I'm already resigned to the Swiss mong being ever present until he returns

The biggest one for me is if one of the three attacking midfielders misses out and he restores Willian :banghead: :banghead: If that dopey c.unt gets in ahead of any of those young lads it will be an absolute outrage
Willian and Luiz are definitely out, alongside Gabriel

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Couldn't sign onto the site after the game.

Brilliant win and the sort of performance we have been witnessing in the Europa League games. Tierney and Martinelli resuming the great rapport they had last season.
Elneny looked well out of place with his lack of pace and poor decision in passing. Maybe, he should give AMN a go in the midfield for the premier league.
ESR played the game we know he can play, and he will only get better with more game time.
Mari played well, the penalty he conceded was evident of a tired player who was playing his first full premier league game in 6-7 months. I had a feeling Leno would save the penalty, especially as jorginho has been dropped to the bench.
Saka, surely young player of the year. Left footed youth player wearing the number 7 shirt, didn't a young Brady play in the '74/'75 season that nearly saw us relegated wearing that same shirt?

A fantastic and much needed win.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Bergkamp-esque from Saka! :barscarf:
In that he scored a goal he didn’t mean? :wink:
The ONLY thing that saved you from a lifelong ban is that winky emoticon.... :box:

:wink: