Brighton bawbags A Tues 29th Dec KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Brighton bawbags A Tues 29th Dec KO 6pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up Brighton who play away at West Ham tomorrow so will have a day less to rest.They are 5pts behind us in 17th so it's a real 6 pointer,they cocked us twice last season.I imagine it'll be a win for them or a draw.

SteveO 35

Re: Brighton bawbags A Tues 29th Dec KO 6pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

I don't like these c.unts very much - least of all Maupay

Hoping for a 2-1 win......but something tells me a draw

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Put ESR in for another start with Abameyang if he's fit, put Lacazette on the bench, keep Luiz and Williwanker out of the squad for the rest of the season. I'm happy with Mari and Holding at the back but Bellerin always worries me. If we start well, we'll win this comfortably.

Midz

Post by Midz »

How's Partey doing? If he's fit play him with El Nenny. El Nenny seems to do better with Partey than Xhaka.
Xhaka scored an awesome goal against Chelsea but he's still a c.unt. he owed us that goal.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Site is loading way quicker than Willian now.

Brighton Bills are decent in our conference, good netminder we have a decent wide reciever in Martinelli it won't determine the playoffs guess a draw no OT, touchdown each.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I see Brighton bawbags haven't won at home this season :rubchin: who better to roll into town than us :oops: in our last 5 against them its LDDLL which is fucking pathetic :lol: let's see who el beige picks on Tues.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Interesting fact for you guys:- The Brighton Sea Life Centre is the oldest aquarium in the world, dating back to 1872. The centre also features Englands longest underwater observation tunnel.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 am
I see Brighton bawbags haven't won at home this season :rubchin: who better to roll into town than us :oops: in our last 5 against them its LDDLL which is fucking pathetic :lol: let's see who el beige picks on Tues.
Go a step further mate - one home win in 2020.......now I wonder who was that against!

John F

Post by John F »

I 'm going for a draw 1-.1 with Brighton being a tad over physical.
.Interesting fact no 2 Brighton nudist beach was 40 years old in April this year.I have a feeling there may be a few more pricks on show tomorrow night at the Amex then on the beach.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We're gonna win the league now and it all starts with giving Brighton a good bashing tomorrow night.

COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

This is a real chance for Arteta to prove us at least partly wrong about him, can he do it by playing the youngsters? I think we could win this with Saka, ESR and Martinelli. I'd also be tempted to keep Laca in as he was actually fairly good at bringing the others into play on Saturday. A lot rests on the team selection but a win is possible. COYG :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Training pictures from Colney today show Thomas Partey back in full training with the group. No sign of Willian.
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Unless it's Partey in for the Swiss Turd why make any changes? Would like to see an unchanged side personally.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:26 pm
Unless it's Partey in for the Swiss Turd why make any changes? Would like to see an unchanged side personally.
Agreed Clummo

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:26 pm

This ^^^^

For me it isnt that last saturday's starting 11 is now our best team, but it is about sending out a message that players who play well keep their places regardless of what star player is available again. It has been constant in arteta's reign that some players will always play regardless of form or application, and that (more than excluding ozil) has caused divisions in the squad imo - young players need to feel that they have a realistic chance of becoming a regular and I dont see how any of them could have felt that way under Arteta

I think he will start the same team tomorrow night cos he knows that anything else will leave him in serious bother if it backfires, so he really has no other choice but to stay with same 11. Normally at christmas times and multiple games in short space of time managers would rotate, but arteta cant even use that excuse cos the players he might want to drop out (martinelli, smith-rowe) are the one's who have played the least amount lately and wouldnt need rest. If I was allowed one change to starting team it would be gabriel for mari, but even that shouldnt happen.

Like steve o I too hate brighton and would love to see maupey snapped in half - our recent record against them is a disgrace, but I am expecting another win tomorrow night this time with a 3-1 scoreline. However if arteta does the right thing by starting the same 11, I do expect that he will be itching to make changes at the first chance he gets