ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

He's been given some time off :coffeespit:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: Ozil's agent Dr Erkut Sogut tells ESPN the player is not close to an agreement with any club & undecided over his next move. Interest from Fenerbahce and DC United is longstanding, situation should be clearer in next 7-10 days. Story: https://t.co/a6Vs1sD5YD

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal keeper Matt Macey set to join Hibs. Medical planned for later today.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:10 pm
You definitely don't get good value in January Augie, especially this January of all fucking Januarys.

I suppose we could recall him, he mightn't be massively happy about it but fuck it he's still our player. We may have given him some sort of agreement of a loan for the duration of this season followed by a permanent sale in the summer which might complicate things though.

If his missus is having trouble settling I can keep her "entertained" when he off out training 8)

Value is a funny concept rodders - because of the global pandemic quality players will probably never be as cheap, but the reason why they will be cheap is cos clubs (inc us) have no fcuking money to spend :lol: :lol: Actually if kroenke's were ever gonna put money into the club to help us buy a player (dont laugh :wink: ), this would probably be the best time to do it cos the same player will probably cost £15m-£20m more in 12-18 months time

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:28 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:10 pm
You definitely don't get good value in January Augie, especially this January of all fucking Januarys.

I suppose we could recall him, he mightn't be massively happy about it but fuck it he's still our player. We may have given him some sort of agreement of a loan for the duration of this season followed by a permanent sale in the summer which might complicate things though.

If his missus is having trouble settling I can keep her "entertained" when he off out training 8)

Value is a funny concept rodders - because of the global pandemic quality players will probably never be as cheap, but the reason why they will be cheap is cos clubs (inc us) have no fcuking money to spend :lol: :lol: Actually if kroenke's were ever gonna put money into the club to help us buy a player (dont laugh :wink: ), this would probably be the best time to do it cos the same player will probably cost £15m-£20m more in 12-18 months time
There's value to be had if you're shrewd enough. Arshavin was an inspired winter window transfer - probably the difference between top four or not that season. Auba arrived in the window too - and although the price tag wasn't cheap, I don't think anyone could say we haven't had our money's worth this past couple of years?

What definitely isn't value is signing another freeloading loanee who doesn't really want to be here - so any loans can fuck right off

Don't know enough about Bissouma but £40m??? If he was that good in a shit team, like Wilf or Grealish then surely we'd have heard a lot more about him

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:56 pm
Arsenal keeper Matt Macey set to join Hibs. Medical planned for later today.
Hooray :barscarf: game time for Runnarson guaranteed then :wink:

I’m assuming that must mean we are buying another 2nd choice keeper (btw pretty sure Macey’s contract is up in the summer)

Midz

Post by Midz »

Runnarson is crap so if we're buying anyone from a kick around in a car park to anything really it'll be an improvement.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Get the fucking guy from Norwich.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:34 pm
He's been given some time off :coffeespit:
Fuck me :oops: the bug eyed lazy arsehole has been off for years :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:24 pm
Get the fucking guy from Norwich.

Yeah Emi Buendia he's quality. :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta on Balogun's contract: "Well, you need three parties to make a deal. For sure the club wants to make a deal & the manager wants to make a deal; the player wants to stay; & I’m not sure about the agent" #Arsenal https://t.co/mpxhe5rYEH

Folarin Balogun close to signing pre-contract agreement with a foreign club. Arsenal want him to stay but no real progress in deal talks & little game time. No problem with his reps in past (inc Iwobi, Nelson, Saka) With @gunnerblog for @TheAthleticUK #AFC https://t.co/QiJhs8N7mS

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am
Arteta on Balogun's contract: "Well, you need three parties to make a deal. For sure the club wants to make a deal & the manager wants to make a deal; the player wants to stay; & I’m not sure about the agent" #Arsenal https://t.co/mpxhe5rYEH

Folarin Balogun close to signing pre-contract agreement with a foreign club. Arsenal want him to stay but no real progress in deal talks & little game time. No problem with his reps in past (inc Iwobi, Nelson, Saka) With @gunnerblog for @TheAthleticUK #AFC https://t.co/QiJhs8N7mS
Hopefully the deal that the manager wants to make with him involves a little more than 15 minutes in Europa League dead rubbers, and actually trusting him above Nketiah

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:32 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am

Hopefully the deal that the manager wants to make with him involves a little more than 15 minutes in Europa League dead rubbers, and actually trusting him above Nketiah
This situation reminds me of the Andy Cole, Kevin Campbell situation. Whichever one goes Nketiah or Balogun will score a shed load of goals and become successful elsewhere.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghig4E7QSes

According to Arteta (12 minutes in) Saliba WILL Definitely come back, it is only a short-term loan so he can get Games.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:28 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghig4E7QSes

According to Arteta (12 minutes in) Saliba WILL Definitely come back, it is only a short-term loan so he can get Games.
Rekik has signed as well , so looks like rekik, saliba, holding , Gabriel and mari will be our future centre halfs.