Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by rodders999 »

Clash wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:00 pm
https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk ... rt-history

This doesn’t solve the mystery but a pretty interesting article showing the blue kit mentioned above and I think it is also the kit I was thinking of. A one-off yellow kit used in the mid 90s where our official blue kit could not be used because it clashed with the referee :roll:
It's got to be the one Merse is wearing in that pic? Otherwise Augie is back on the hallucinogenics :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Next season’s away kit has leaked, absolute fucking beauty, simple design, old school crest (albeit facing the wrong way), I’ll drizzle my love juice all over that on launch day :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

it's definitely more like it, but I've never been a fan of that stupid cartoon cannon. still hope its genuine though

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:42 pm
Next season’s away kit has leaked, absolute fucking beauty, simple design, old school crest (albeit facing the wrong way), I’ll drizzle my love juice all over that on launch day :barscarf:

Seems a bit early for genuine leaks to get out rodders, but I will absolutely be ordering for myself and my two lads if it is genuine. I think it is class 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Those footy headlines boys are normally on the money when it comes to new kits Augie (reckon they’ve contacts in the sweat shops :wink: ) so fingers crossed that will indeed be the shirt. Absolutely beautiful. The shirt will definitely have the old style cannon crest anyway so that’s good.

Even though the blue trim looks like it will be the one, this is apparently in the running too -

Hope fucking not, not half as nice.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Did you ever end up getting this Augster? Her indoors got it for me for Christmas and I can confirm that is fucking superb.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:20 pm
Did you ever end up getting this Augster? Her indoors got it for me for Christmas and I can confirm that is fucking superb.

I did indeed rodders and I can confirm that it indeed is class - sad b .astard that I am, I am mostly saving it now for warmer weather when I can wear it to my kids games - you would think that it is armani gear the way I am treating it :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

:lol:

I’ve mine on today, even though there’s nowhere to fucking go, but it might just help to lift the gloom of the covid apocalypse for a few hours in my mind.

I knew when adidas took over the kits that I’d lose my fucking mind and my wardrobe is testament to that now. I’m like Ty going around the palace most days dressed head to toe in the gear :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:20 pm

That is stunning. Only thing I'd change is adding the proper cannon and the old Adidas logo.

Beautiful piece.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

Also very sexy.

Deffo prefer the blue trim over that horseshit old "traditional 1950s cranberry" or whatever the marketing scum call it. :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Meant to post these a few days ago but never got around to it. The kits have leaked for next season, the home is a bit meh, doesn’t do mcuh for me -

But I shall most certainly be blowing my wad on the the away, what a beauty -

augie

Post by augie »

Agreed rodders - the away kit is def nice but the home kit isnt great and the neck of it is a bit shit

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah Augie, there’s only so much they can do to the home jersey each year so unless they base it on one of the 90s kits (like the first year) it's all going to be a bit samey.

They away is where they can get creative and they’ve nailed it with this, absolute stunner.

Now for the ‘89 away reissue please adidas :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:

Really nice shirt. I may have to part with some coin.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Next season’s third shirt is a homage to the lightning bolt Nike away kit that Wrighty used to tuck the collar in on. I used to do that on my one as a kid too :barscarf: