Fat topless beer bellied arseholes with stupid voices H Fa Cup 3rd round Sat 9th Jan KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mr Eboue

Re: Fat topless beer bellied arseholes with stupid voices H Fa Cup 3rd round Sat 9th Jan KO 530pm

Post by Mr Eboue »

If we're the Victims that's given. Stonewall.

DB10GOONER

Re: Fat topless beer bellied arseholes with stupid voices H Fa Cup 3rd round Sat 9th Jan KO 530pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:24 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:22 pm
About time VAR fucking got one right for us.

Two brilliant saves from Leno too. 8)
Hmmm..... might retract that a bit.... his second save was needed because he spilled the first one back into the danger area......
That's a bit harsh on him :lol: shot at point blank range
We know you're in love with him :wink: but he does it every game. He will cost us a trophy at some point. Take it to the bank.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:35 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:27 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:25 pm
And that's why VAR is needed in football - to stop refs being conned by absolute cheats like that screaming c.unt who wasn't touched

Wasn't so hard to watch it again was it?

One in the eye for the shoelace in a pig's bladder brigade
I fucking knew you'd be on with that horseshit! :lol: :wink: Getting ONE right doesn't make up for the dozens it's gotten wrong and the amount of games it's ruined.

It's not fit for purpose.
So you'd rather we didn't have it, and played with 10 men and ruined the game just because people have been using it wrongly. Okayyyy....you stick with that and the rest of the saboteurs pal !
Yep that's exactly right. :lol: Where the fuck did I say that? :box:

I've nothing against the concept. It's the execution. It is not fit for purpose. It takes too long. It kills the pace of the game and it still relies on human interpretation. So we still get incorrect decisions and after they've taken minutes to get it wrong and killed the flow.

One thing I learned in business a long time ago is you should never use a new technology just because you can.
And nor should it be abandoned because in the early stages it was poorly implemented, and in some cases deliberately sabotaged.

There's a huge difference between a bad idea and a good idea, badly executed

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It’s coming.........

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Fuck off Murphy if that was your lot you’d be calling penalty all day long.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

So where was VAR for that penalty?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
And that's why VAR is needed in football - to stop refs being conned by absolute cheats like that screaming c.unt who wasn't touched

I fucking knew you'd be on with that horseshit! :lol: :wink: Getting ONE right doesn't make up for the dozens it's gotten wrong and the amount of games it's ruined.

So you'd rather we didn't have it, and played with 10 men and ruined the game just because people have been using it wrongly. Okayyyy....you stick with that and the rest of the saboteurs pal !

I've nothing against the concept. It's the execution. It is not fit for purpose. It takes too long. It kills the pace of the game and it still relies on human interpretation. So we still get incorrect decisions and after they've taken minutes to get it wrong and killed the flow.

One thing I learned in business a long time ago is you should never use a new technology just because you can.
In Oireland, is that an abacus :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:36 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Hmmm..... might retract that a bit.... his second save was needed because he spilled the first one back into the danger area......
We know you're in love with him :wink: but he does it every game. He will cost us a trophy at some point. Take it to the bank.
If a bit of loving gets me closer to his Mrs then I'm all in

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
How the fuck was that not a pen :roll:
Oh did VAR not get that right? SteveO? :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mr Eboue wrote:
If we're the Victims that's given. Stonewall.
If it was the victims, we would be still looking at the replay from 16 angles with the officials begging to give a penalty

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:36 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

If a bit of loving gets me closer to his Mrs then I'm all in
:lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
How the fuck was that not a pen :roll:
Oh did VAR not get that right? SteveO? :wink:
Nope it didn't. Another example of it not being used properly. Still- holding the game up for 1 minute to award a penalty just wouldn't be right would it ???

After all its not cricket, rugby, tennis so we just allow the middle aged man in the middle make endless mistakes in the name of keeping the game flowing

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Begorrah I'm taking a knee with me black brothers! :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It’s coming....

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Begorrah I'm taking a knee with me black brothers! :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: