Fat topless beer bellied arseholes with stupid voices H Fa Cup 3rd round Sat 9th Jan KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Fat topless beer bellied arseholes with stupid voices H Fa Cup 3rd round Sat 9th Jan KO 530pm

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:24 pm
Most teams are resting the mega rich seasoned pros and playing the kids this weekend, we’re so fucked up we have to do it in reverse because all the top earners are absolute fucking shit and it’s the kids who are carrying the club.
Ain't that the truth - if Smith Rowe and Saka hadn't been introduced to bring the pace of the game into this century we'd have been facing penalties

Edu is an absolute c.unt of the highest order, bending over and letting Kia J. ram him up the arse. Cedric and Willian - fuck the fuck off
Kia being Edu’s agent and then us going out doing all these shady deals for his players stinks to high heaven and makes his position at the club untenable for me. The only positive about the Willian transfer is it ended up getting Raul the sack and hopefully Edu follows suit in the summer.

Mari looks a decent addition to be fair but everything else Kia has brought into the club has been absolute shit :banghead:

augie

Re: Fat topless beer bellied arseholes with stupid voices H Fa Cup 3rd round Sat 9th Jan KO 530pm

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Most teams are resting the mega rich seasoned pros and playing the kids this weekend, we’re so fucked up we have to do it in reverse because all the top earners are absolute fucking shit and it’s the kids who are carrying the club.
Ain't that the truth - if Smith Rowe and Saka hadn't been introduced to bring the pace of the game into this century we'd have been facing penalties

Edu is an absolute c.unt of the highest order, bending over and letting Kia J. ram him up the arse. Cedric and Willian - fuck the fuck off
Kia being Edu’s agent and then us going out doing all these shady deals for his players stinks to high heaven and makes his position at the club untenable for me. The only positive about the Willian transfer is it ended up getting Raul the sack and hopefully Edu follows suit in the summer.

Mari looks a decent addition to be fair but everything else Kia has brought into the club has been absolute shit :banghead:

True, but is he better than gabriel ? Personally I dont think so, and I'm not even sure it is a close competition.

Question is then, can you play a centre back partnership where both centre backs are left footed ? In my opinion the best centre back partnerships need a left footer and a right footer for proper balance, but our best 2 centre backs are left footed

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:24 pm
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

True, but is he better than gabriel ? Personally I dont think so, and I'm not even sure it is a close competition.

Question is then, can you play a centre back partnership where both centre backs are left footed ? In my opinion the best centre back partnerships need a left footer and a right footer for proper balance, but our best 2 centre backs are left footed
And is it a coincidence that Saliba has been punted out on loan now that Mari is available. He's trying to punt Sokratis and Mustafi, Saliba is out already as is Mavronpanos, so seems like the path is being cleared for Mari.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:24 pm
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Nobody has compared Mari to Gabriel. I swear you look for a negative in every post you make! :lol:

A left/right footed centre back pairing, whilst maybe ideal, is very, very rare. The vast majority of partnerships are both right footed so why not both left footed?

GG's options were all right footed. The Invincibles all right footed.

Basically if the players and the defensive unit combined are good enough it doesn't matter.

augie

Post by augie »

Please dont go down the same road as a few here and judge the post by the author 8)

My post wasnt negative - I pointed out that gabriel and mari are our best 2 centre backs (so I wasnt having a pop at mari) but I added that gabriel is my number one (again not a criticism). I then asked if playing 2 left footed centre backs together was viable (fair enough question imo), and I understand your thinking in the response, but for me it is a different scenario - as you say yourself, most centre back partnerships have 2 right footed centre backs so a lot of right footed centre halves would have had some experience playing on the left side. I dont know if I can think of a single left footed centre half playing on the right side (maybe the ex scum c.unt that was banging eriksson's missus ?), so it isnt the same situation imo

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Accepting that only 10% of the population are left handed it stands to reason that there are more right footers about . Mari 27 years old has proved to be a good signing his partnership with Holding ( 25 ) has not let us down in Gabriel's ( 23 ) absence . As much as the left / right combination working well his 6 foot 4 height has been handy too as his game against Carrol proved. He will be difficult to drop.
Gabriel is 1" shorter and Holding 2" but Gabriel is much quicker if Chambers ( 25 )at 6 foot comes back we have a fair centre back squad 2 left and 2 right or 3 with Luiz.
What happens next year when the loanees come back and potentially Luiz leaves is in the balance but the 4 in the group above is a fair starting point.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:19 am
Please dont go down the same road as a few here and judge the post by the author 8)

My post wasnt negative - I pointed out that gabriel and mari are our best 2 centre backs (so I wasnt having a pop at mari) but I added that gabriel is my number one (again not a criticism). I then asked if playing 2 left footed centre backs together was viable (fair enough question imo), and I understand your thinking in the response, but for me it is a different scenario - as you say yourself, most centre back partnerships have 2 right footed centre backs so a lot of right footed centre halves would have had some experience playing on the left side. I dont know if I can think of a single left footed centre half playing on the right side (maybe the ex scum c.unt that was banging eriksson's missus ?), so it isnt the same situation imo
You aren't going to see many instances of a lefty playing at right centre half just for the fact that there are very few left footers when compared to right. A lefty will naturally be picked to play left side.

I also don't believe it is that important in the centre of the defence unlike at fullback.

Maybe you're over thinking and over analysing a perceived issue that isn't really there?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:55 am
The ramblings of a madman :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:59 am
i've felt like auba has lost a yard of pace this season and/or has lost that bit of motivation as well. his performance today was pathetic tbh, one instance in particular when tierney played him in on what looked like a one on one and he just...didn't attack it properly.
He's at the age where that does happen. He has to learn to adapt his game which is difficult for a player that has relied on their pace to get them into or out of certain situations. Playing him out wide does help cover it up and is the logical place to move him as he is more of a threat as his goal against newcastle proved. Unfortunately, his next move is to a slower paced league where his pace can be used more sparingly, like Spain or Italy.

Premier League is flat out. A case in point is Vardy, who has learned to manage his energy levels in the game. There is a higher demand on Auba to get back and defend, something, Vardy rarely does. I don't recall a time this season when Vardy looks forlorn standing in the LB position, whereas Auba has been found there very frequently. If Auba only operated from the half way line to their goal, didn't come back for corners or cover the midfield, then he'd be fresher throughout the match.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:17 pm
augie wrote:

You aren't going to see many instances of a lefty playing at right centre half just for the fact that there are very few left footers when compared to right. A lefty will naturally be picked to play left side.

I also don't believe it is that important in the centre of the defence unlike at fullback.

Maybe you're over thinking and over analysing a perceived issue that isn't really there?
Wasn't Adams a left footed, right sided centre-half?
I think Arteta has said himself, as a coach at City, you can't have two left footed CB's in the back line. With Mari being older and calmer, I can imagine that Mari will be Arteta's choice ahead of Gabriel. Holding and Mari have established a good understanding. Just want to point out in the last 3 seasons, our best CB pairings have always included Holding. Holding and Sokratis during that 22 match unbeaten run under Emery. Holding and Gabriel, now Holding and Mari. Blimey even Holding with Mustafi has held up well. In other words, Holding is our most secure CB. My preference is Holding and Mari.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:57 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
augie wrote:

I think Arteta has said himself, as a coach at City, you can't have two left footed CB's in the back line. With Mari being older and calmer, I can imagine that Mari will be Arteta's choice ahead of Gabriel. Holding and Mari have established a good understanding. Just want to point out in the last 3 seasons, our best CB pairings have always included Holding. Holding and Sokratis during that 22 match unbeaten run under Emery. Holding and Gabriel, now Holding and Mari. Blimey even Holding with Mustafi has held up well. In other words, Holding is our most secure CB. My preference is Holding and Mari.
Nah, TA was right footed.

Lee Dixon told a good story once on NBCSN commentary. Basically saying Bouldie's opinion is there's a proper player in Holding given the correct coaching and handling.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:57 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
augie wrote:

Remember the famous Everton goal he smashed in with his left foot...but he was right footed, or right foot was his preference

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

4th round draw Away to soton/Shrewsbury

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

5th round draw Away to Chorley /wolves if we get past soton/ Shrewsbury in the 4th round