CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

London hospitals now being overwhelmed,

Yes they have shipped some out to the Norfolk and Norwich which has doubled it's ICU unit and now that is full also. General patients being treated in a marquee in the car park or being farmed out to private Bupa hospitals and I bet they are charging full price.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Think its about to take the wife's uncle from Beckenham, he was a doctor before he retired and an absolutely lovely guy, he helped people out whenever he could and got totally ripped off by an African lady (and was still lovely to her) because he went to the same church and got hoodwinked.

Will always remember him laughing at my jokes but trying to keep it low key as he knew they were wronguns lol.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 pm
Think its about to take the wife's uncle from Beckenham, he was a doctor before he retired and an absolutely lovely guy, he helped people out whenever he could and got totally ripped off by an African lady (and was still lovely to her) because he went to the same church and got hoodwinked.

Will always remember him laughing at my jokes but trying to keep it low key as he knew they were wronguns lol.
Sorry to hear that, its only when someone close suffers badly with Covid or dies that it hits home.

It’s really scary how many people are leaving us every day in a lockdown, fuck knows what would happen if we relaxed the rules/guidance.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think it is becoming obvious that the current lockdown rules are not strong enough.
London has been in tier 4/lockdown for 3 weeks now and cases are still going up in every borough.
At the very worst you would expect them to be plateauing by now.

Boris really needs to stop dithering and toughen up - I don’t see an alternative for the next month.
It is either that or we accept we don’t currently have a functioning health system in this country.
Survival of the fittest.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A brief explanation of the 3 Covid Vaccines:

BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55625276

:?

nut flush gooner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:39 pm
A brief explanation of the 3 Covid Vaccines:

BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55625276

:?
My mum has been called up for her vaccine on Saturday, and she's in Tier 2 so it looks like Boris might actually be doing something right for a change.

In saying that 1500 deaths today, I defy anyone who says we shouldn't be in lockdown now and let the economy function under the new strain which clearly is spreading like wildfire. I now have two mates/wives who have had it.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:14 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 pm

Sorry to hear that, its only when someone close suffers badly with Covid or dies that it hits home.

It’s really scary how many people are leaving us every day in a lockdown, fuck knows what would happen if we relaxed the rules/guidance.
Thanks for your regards, though it hasn't taken this to happen to make me appreciate the severity of it.

I'm a business owner and this has hit me hard in the pocket but I dont break any rules and haven't from the off, I've long used hand sanitiser, about 15 years now since I started up my business, its common sense to me.

Where we can work we use masks etc, im not going to use this as a political platform because people that do are more harm than good.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I see we are finally shutting the borders.
Just 10 months too late :roll:

Imagine we had shut them back in March, had a tougher lockdown - the economy would have been nearly back to normal by now.

Mind you it is the same as Arsenal - if we had sacked Wenger 5 years ago, appointed Klopp we would have win the league again by now.

nut flush gooner

My mum who is 79 went for her first Pfizer jab yesterday at her local GP. Very well organised it was, with registration outside in a marquee lots of social distancing and it only took 25 minutes from checking in to leaving after the 15 minute wait to see if there were any side effects.

Ive been accused of being politically biased having a pop at Boris all the time, well here’s the balance the amount of vaccines the NHS is rolling out every day is truly amazing, We are doing much better than other countries including the US who seem to be imploding in the final days of Trump.

I hope we can get everyone down to age 50 vaccinated by Spring and we can look forward to a better summer. Its grim right now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:44 am
I see we are finally shutting the borders.
Just 10 months too late :roll:

Imagine we had shut them back in March, had a tougher lockdown - the economy would have been nearly back to normal by now.

Mind you it is the same as Arsenal - if we had sacked Wenger 5 years ago, appointed Klopp we would have win the league again by now.
No it wouldn't Rob, our economy is a cog in a global wheel. If other countries have worse covid outcomes then it drags us down too. Just because we have taken up the drawbridge on Europe it doesn't mean our economy functions independently, even though it may legislatively,

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

JesusWept, just heard on Radio 4 news, that hospital admissions of COVID Patients across England is every 30 seconds....

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will be left who hasn't caught this awful thing? :cry:

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:23 pm
JesusWept, just heard on Radio 4 news, that hospital admissions of COVID Patients across England is every 30 seconds....

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone will be left who hasn't caught this awful thing? :cry:
Manuel almunia still in the uk? Could guarantee that fùcker still couldn't catch anything.
Tbh 15 years ago I moved to nz and these days I'm thankful I did. Lock us up for 4 weeks and life is back to normal. Really is hard from over here to comprehend eat is happening in the world outside.

John F

Post by John F »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:23 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

Manuel almunia still in the uk? Could guarantee that fùcker still couldn't catch anything.
Tbh 15 years ago I moved to nz and these days I'm thankful I did. Lock us up for 4 weeks and life is back to normal. Really is hard from over here to comprehend eat is happening in the world outside.
It must be .You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place as New Zealand I stayed there for 3 months backpacking and loved it over there. With a population almost half of what London has in a country about the size of the UK it would be a lot safer over there too.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:23 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

try explaining that to Nutflush Gooner.
He doesnt appear to understand that logic.

it is fairly obvious now and has been for the past 10 months, that in addition to a lockdown you actually have to make your borders secure, otherwise it won't really work!
FINALLY today this appears to be happening here. You must think we are all nuts, I certainly do and would argue that the number of deaths under government makes them criminally incompetent.
Never mind, the right wing media has brainwashed most people over here into thinking that 1,000+ deaths each day from COViD is normal. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Boris and the rest of his Hooray Henry's (& Henriette's) Have FUCJJED this up from the very start, they sat there twiddling their thumbs whilst China, Spain and Italy went into Pandemic panic, instead of gearing the country up ready for the hit that the world and his dog knew was coming.

Boris & Co have no excuses.