Palarsepieces H Thu 14th Jan 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Palarsepieces H Thu 14th Jan 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:18 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Seem to remember Zaha pissing over Arsenal many a time on previous occasions....

As for pepe all left foot and brain dead......ridiculous signing....
Yeah? I seem to remember Zaha failing miserably at manure and then going onto an episodic career with Palace.... one good game followed by four or five shit games followed by one good game.... he is to football what Welbeck and Walcott and Benteke and Giroud and Sturridge are and were - second rate forwards that get hailed as great by the moronic media based on a couple of good games or good goals per season but never hit the top level in the game.

Pepe being complete shit doesn't make Zaha a better player than he is.

Yeah...Dont agree with the logic....The great Dennis Begkamp failed at Inter....(can be a multitude of reasons for that, abilty to adapt, fit in with team mates, home life)

There is a comparison, because Emery wanted Zaha....and was over ruled and we got brain dead useless fucker Pepe, in my opinon Zaha would have been the better option

Quote from Emery...
I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own: Tottenham, Manchester City, us. Incredible performances.
Spot the difference..... Bergkamp (after success at Ajax) failed at Inter and went onto be an Arsenal Legend winning almost everything. Zaha failed at manure and has gone onto..... Palace.

Yeah sure Zaha would have been better than Pepe. But fucking Giroud is better than Pepe and Zaha. Does that mean he is good enough for Arsenal?

Not in my book.
yes hes playing at Palace a team with lesser quaity players around him, where as a winger has scored 8 goals this season, the top scorer

not sure if you got it but you said he failed at Man Utd...yes he did but you cant use that logic to say a player is no good....

As for the other comments about Wellbeck, Wally, Benteke...etc...Where has anyone ever said these were great players???
Never said they did. That's the point. I said Zaha is at the same level as them: second rate, but bigged up by SlySports and Soccer AM.

I can use the logic of his failure, if after that failure he ends up at Palace and no one from the so called "big clubs", Citeh, victims*, etc etc are knocking down their door to put him back in a big club. He's been "paper linked" with us, the scum, and the chavs, and yet he hasn't ended up at any of those clubs.

The reason is because he is not a top player.

What were Palace looking from Emery? 80 million? For a player that's a bit better than Pepe? Fuck that. Neither are good enough for the top level and neither are worth 72 or 80 million.

Eight goals? Last season he got 4. He's only ever hit double figures once in a 10 year career - being generous and including cups. And yes I know he mostly plays out wide, but you are the one that brought up his goal tally.

I want Pepe out but I never want Zaha in. Unless it's on a free and a low wage as a squad player - which is all he and Pepe should be at a club like Arsenal. The fact Pepe is our record signing still disgusts me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:52 pm
If you want to get an honest opinion of a player of another club look on one of their forums as just like this one you get a good picture of what a player is like from fans who watch him every week. Zaha is very highly rated by Palace fans on the forum I just read. One comment said he contributed to 50% of their goals last season and they would be relegated without him.
They slate Pepe and claim Zaha is a country mile better than him.
And what you need to balance that with is the type of fan on that forum - Soccer AM fanboy or old school football supporter? :wink:

And then you need to look at who those fans have to compare him to - Andros Townsend? Schlupp? they must fucking think Zaha is Messi! :lol:

Let's not forget Feo was very highly rated for years on many Arsenal forums. Nuff said! :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 am
John F wrote:
If you want to get an honest opinion of a player of another club look on one of their forums as just like this one you get a good picture of what a player is like from fans who watch him every week. Zaha is very highly rated by Palace fans on the forum I just read. One comment said he contributed to 50% of their goals last season and they would be relegated without him.
And what you need to balance that with is the type of fan on that forum - Soccer AM fanboy or old school football supporter? :wink:

And then you need to look at who those fans have to compare him to - Andros Townsend? Schlupp? they must fucking think Zaha is Messi! :lol:

Let's not forget Feo was very highly rated for years on many Arsenal forums. Nuff said! :lol:
I have to admit some of their fans moaning about how Ian Wright never mentions Palace did show the quality of the forum. When I used to have a punt on football I would look on other fans' forums apart from the Spuds as fans are generally realistic about their teams and it was useful for betting info although I still lost more than I won. Chelsea fans were on about Willian being inconsistent and was fading fast when we were due to sign him.If you look on this site then Xhaka is world-class not as portrayed by the media and we all wish Wenger had stayed on until he was 90 and beyond :D .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:

I have to admit some of their fans moaning about how Ian Wright never mentions Palace did show the quality of the forum. When I used to have a punt on football I would look on other fans' forums apart from the Spuds as fans are generally realistic about their teams and it was useful for betting info although I still lost more than I won. Chelsea fans were on about Willian being inconsistent and was fading fast when we were due to sign him.If you look on this site then Xhaka is world-class not as portrayed by the media and we all wish Wenger had stayed on until he was 90 and beyond :D .
:lol: :lol:

Did you ever visit the old "official" Arsenal forum John? They used to ban people for criticising players. And you guys think I'm a nazi wànker mod? Well, in fairness, I am, but you get my point. :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:17 am
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:18 am

Yeah? I seem to remember Zaha failing miserably at manure and then going onto an episodic career with Palace.... one good game followed by four or five shit games followed by one good game.... he is to football what Welbeck and Walcott and Benteke and Giroud and Sturridge are and were - second rate forwards that get hailed as great by the moronic media based on a couple of good games or good goals per season but never hit the top level in the game.

Pepe being complete shit doesn't make Zaha a better player than he is.

Yeah...Dont agree with the logic....The great Dennis Begkamp failed at Inter....(can be a multitude of reasons for that, abilty to adapt, fit in with team mates, home life)

There is a comparison, because Emery wanted Zaha....and was over ruled and we got brain dead useless fucker Pepe, in my opinon Zaha would have been the better option

Quote from Emery...
I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own: Tottenham, Manchester City, us. Incredible performances.
Spot the difference..... Bergkamp (after success at Ajax) failed at Inter and went onto be an Arsenal Legend winning almost everything. Zaha failed at manure and has gone onto..... Palace.

Yeah sure Zaha would have been better than Pepe. But fucking Giroud is better than Pepe and Zaha. Does that mean he is good enough for Arsenal?

Not in my book.
yes hes playing at Palace a team with lesser quaity players around him, where as a winger has scored 8 goals this season, the top scorer

not sure if you got it but you said he failed at Man Utd...yes he did but you cant use that logic to say a player is no good....

As for the other comments about Wellbeck, Wally, Benteke...etc...Where has anyone ever said these were great players???
Never said they did. That's the point. I said Zaha is at the same level as them: second rate, but bigged up by SlySports and Soccer AM.

I can use the logic of his failure, if after that failure he ends up at Palace and no one from the so called "big clubs", Citeh, victims*, etc etc are knocking down their door to put him back in a big club. He's been "paper linked" with us, the scum, and the chavs, and yet he hasn't ended up at any of those clubs.

What were Palace looking from Emery? 80 million? For a player that's a bit better than Pepe? Fuck that. Neither are good enough for the top level and neither are worth 72 or 80 million.

Eight goals? Last season he got 4. He's only ever hit double figures once in a 10 year career - being generous and including cups. And yes I know he mostly plays out wide, but you are the one that brought up his goal tally.

I want Pepe out but I never want Zaha in. Unless it's on a free and a low wage as a squad player - which is all he and Pepe should be at a club like Arsenal. The fact Pepe is our record signing still disgusts me.
You stated media hailing wally, Benteke, Giroud as great players ...never seen that....workmanlike at best although Giroud did produce occassional flashes of quality

Season 18/19 Zaha scored 10 goals, so what?...after the transfer to Arsenal fell through, which he says was his dream the next season he had a quiet spell, bit like Auba (who is class) this season...

You have a valid point about clubs not coming in for him, maybe he likes being a big fish in a small pond?
Always amazes me so many very good players in the lower leagues seem to go unoticed

Anyway the crux of the matter is a comparison of Pepe or Zaha...they were the 2 players being chased by Arsenal....Emery wanted Zaha...he was over ruled....so we ended up with Pepe....we will never know what Zaha would have done at the Arsenal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Quote from Emery...

Not in my book.

You stated media hailing wally, Benteke, Giroud as great players ...never seen that....workmanlike at best although Giroud did produce occassional flashes of quality

Season 18/19 Zaha scored 10 goals, so what?...after the transfer to Arsenal fell through, which he says was his dream the next season he had a quiet spell, bit like Auba (who is class) this season...

You have a valid point about clubs not coming in for him, maybe he likes being a big fish in a small pond?
Always amazes me so many very good players in the lower leagues seem to go unoticed

Anyway the crux of the matter is a comparison of Pepe or Zaha...they were the 2 players being chased by Arsenal....Emery wanted Zaha...he was over ruled....so we ended up with Pepe....we will never know what Zaha would have done at the Arsenal
True we'll never know but the crux of the issue for me is neither are good enough. The top players don't stay at teams like Palace or stay in the lower leagues, they get picked up by big clubs and if they are good enough they have careers at big clubs. If they get found out (like Zaha and Welbeck and Sturridge) they end up at Palace or Stoke or in the Championship etc.

Talking of big fish in small ponds reminded me of Le Tissier at Saints. He was hailed as a genius and the media all but bullied the England manager (Venables???) into selecting him and he looked so far out of his depth at interlull level it was embarrassing.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 am
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not in my book.

True we'll never know but the crux of the issue for me is neither are good enough. The top players don't stay at teams like Palace or stay in the lower leagues, they get picked up by big clubs and if they are good enough they have careers at big clubs. If they get found out (like Zaha and Welbeck and Sturridge) they end up at Palace or Stoke or in the Championship etc.

Talking of big fish in small ponds reminded me of Le Tissier at Saints. He was hailed as a genius and the media all but bullied the England manager (Venables???) into selecting him and he looked so far out of his depth at interlull level it was embarrassing.
Strangely enough some of these so called "flair" players never produced on the international stage....Stanley Bowles/Tony Currie/Le Tissier to name a few

Ian Wright never showed what he could do in an England shirt...for Arsenal at times he was unplayable

Thanks for the posts, its interesting to hear your views :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 am
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Strangely enough some of these so called "flair" players never produced on the international stage....Stanley Bowles/Tony Currie/Le Tissier to name a few

Ian Wright never showed what he could do in an England shirt...for Arsenal at times he was unplayable

Thanks for the posts, its interesting to hear your views, not a million miles from mine :barscarf:

Zaha dives too much for my liking :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am
John F wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Did you ever visit the old "official" Arsenal forum John? They used to ban people for criticising players. And you guys think I'm a nazi wànker mod? Well, in fairness, I am, but you get my point. :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think you need a holiday mate...Just ban yourself for a couple of weeks and leave it in the capable hands of Flash and Sid! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

On SlySports tonight..... which means (probably) Spit the Scouse and Neville the Spiv. Or - God forbid - Alex Fucking Scott and her empty dead eyes..... :roll:

Still better than Walking Labotomy Karen Fucking Carney. Kind of. :x

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 pm
John F wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 pm
Play all the players that DB KNOWS are going to eventually end up at Palace just so the Palace fans can get a glimpse of the future.
Dodgy team Palace they were awful against Villa but always seem extra motivated against us with Saha the Arsenal fan busting his gut to reinforce just what a bad decision signing Pepe was.
Fixed that for ya John. :wink:

3-0 to the Arsenal. :barscarf:

Zaha to do his best Slippy Me / Granny Molester / DVD / Fat Tongue impression and be flopping around like an electrocuted fish. :roll: :censored: :censored:
But still be 100x more effective than the man we bought instead of him because of his "resale value" :banghead:
They are both shit. Our one is just a good deal shitter. :|

When you think of the absolute legends that have played for this football club.... and then you look at who our record signing is...... :oops:
Think calling old Wilf shit is a bit harsh mate - he does like a tumble but also gets fouled a lot. Anyway, I'd rather have spent the dough on him than Pepe. The quicker we spend €73m on someone to remove that 'record signing' from the record books the better! Mr Resale Value must be worth at least €10m now. That's really shrewd Josh and Stan, you smooth operators you....

Midz

Post by Midz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Pepe.
Ahahahahahaha!!!! :D :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

last 4 games against Palace

Drew 3
Lost 1

Should win tonight, hopefully go above West Ham on GD and on same points as Chavs......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 pm
On SlySports tonight..... which means (probably) Spit the Scouse and Neville the Spiv. Or - God forbid - Alex Fucking Scott and her empty dead eyes..... :roll:

I know this isn't PC, But Just FUCKK THE FUCKOFF! Women; and I don't care if they have Big Tits, give great BJ's are also into Girl on Girl and let me watch and are Totally FUCKABLE or not ! They should NEVER EVER be allowed to be part of any commentary team covering Men's football.

All they do is embarrass themselves with their lack of knowledge about Football, also they try and sound enthusiastic when a player is narrowing down an the onion bag or when a defender cripples someone, but they end up sounding like a 9 yr old boy whose nuts haven't dropped yet

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just FUCKtheFuckOFF! :cussing: :box: :box: :box:

ps: We will win this 3 - 1 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 pm

I know this isn't PC, But Just FUCKK THE FUCKOFF! Women; and I don't care if they have Big Tits, give great BJ's are also into Girl on Girl and let me watch and are Totally FUCKABLE or not ! They should NEVER EVER be allowed to be part of any commentary team covering Men's football.

All they do is embarrass themselves with their lack of knowledge about Football, also they try and sound enthusiastic when a player is narrowing down an the onion bag or when a defender cripples someone, but they end up sounding like a 9 yr old boy whose nuts haven't dropped yet

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just FUCKtheFuckOFF! :cussing: :box: :box: :box:

ps: We will win this 3 - 1 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Don't disagree.......

But given the choice of Alex Scott/Karen Carney.....or Robbie Savage on BT Sport........I'll join the revolution !