ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Schalke have contacted Arsenal about Mustafi as Kabak’s move to Liverpool edges closer. Gunners want a fee to do a deal in this window, been told “it’s not a big number.” Talks ongoing.

Via ESPN

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:42 pm
Schalke have contacted Arsenal about Mustafi as Kabak’s move to Liverpool edges closer. Gunners want a fee to do a deal in this window, been told “it’s not a big number.” Talks ongoing.

Via ESPN
I'm fairly sure Mustafi is available on a free this summer so take whatever paltry sum you can get, at least it is better than nothing like has happened with so many other players recently :rubchin:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:42 pm

Via ESPN
If the number is bigger than £1 then Schalke will have been fleeced!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 West Brom reignite talks to sign Ainsley Maitland-Niles on straight loan — deal should get done. #WBA looked out yesterday as 23yo targeted Leicester & Arsenal favoured Southampton. But #AFC won’t send to rival + AMN didn’t want #SAINTSFC @TheAthleticUK https://t.co/TjiWVIiREH

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ainsley Maitland-Niles now most likely to join West Brom on loan. He wants to play midfield, Southampton saw him as a full back, Arsenal didn't want to deal with Leicester. West Brom a big chance to play in his preferred position, show his talent https://t.co/528oV8hVbQ

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Sky Germany, Shkodran Mustafi has agreed personal terms with Schalke & is now waiting for Ozan Kabak to join Liverpool before completing the move. #Arsenal https://t.co/oG5FrCihKT

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:24 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:49 am
It's deadline day - I am sooooo excited at the prospect of some of the most sought after talents in world football joining our great club, and some dedicated ssn reporter being swamped by ecstatic fans outside the armoury :barscarf: :barscarf:

Alternatively we could be in for a dragged out day where we are teased with the prospect of the useless german c.unt (mustafi) fcuking off to some other unfortunate club, only for pep's cone boy pulling the plug on the deal citing a lack of cover at the centre back spot :roll: We will probably see the loan departure of a couple of home-grown products (maitland-niles and nelson), as arteta chases some unknown spanish numpty on loan, but that deal too will fall through. Eventually the snn reporter will get pissed off and will fcuk off home two hours early telling the lads in the studio that no c.unt is coming to this club :roll:

:banghead: :banghead:
but no signing anyone, regardless of drastic need. and the players you mentioned are shite, so why do we want them? theres degrees of shiteness yes, so may not be at top of list, but surely we should be getting rid as and when we can?

im not defending the club or the manager here, but we need some perspective. id happily see Willock, AMN and Nelson leave on loan as this season they have looked crap and offer nothing. yes there are bigger fish to dispose of but if theres no market fr them we may as well get rid of some of the smaller turds when we can surely?

Mustafi I would give away for nothing

Mainland-niles has never been given a proper chance in midfield imo, and nelson needs games to prove if he is good enough, so I have no issue with those moves

Pillock isnt good enough - seems to be a nice enough kid, but for me he is short on quality and again I have no issue with him moving on.

I do have an issue with the lack of permanent signings but then again I am used to it now so getting less bothered with each passing transfer window

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:29 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:24 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:49 am
It's deadline day - I am sooooo excited at the prospect of some of the most sought after talents in world football joining our great club, and some dedicated ssn reporter being swamped by ecstatic fans outside the armoury :barscarf: :barscarf:

Alternatively we could be in for a dragged out day where we are teased with the prospect of the useless german c.unt (mustafi) fcuking off to some other unfortunate club, only for pep's cone boy pulling the plug on the deal citing a lack of cover at the centre back spot :roll: We will probably see the loan departure of a couple of home-grown products (maitland-niles and nelson), as arteta chases some unknown spanish numpty on loan, but that deal too will fall through. Eventually the snn reporter will get pissed off and will fcuk off home two hours early telling the lads in the studio that no c.unt is coming to this club :roll:

:banghead: :banghead:
but no signing anyone, regardless of drastic need. and the players you mentioned are shite, so why do we want them? theres degrees of shiteness yes, so may not be at top of list, but surely we should be getting rid as and when we can?

im not defending the club or the manager here, but we need some perspective. id happily see Willock, AMN and Nelson leave on loan as this season they have looked crap and offer nothing. yes there are bigger fish to dispose of but if theres no market fr them we may as well get rid of some of the smaller turds when we can surely?
Mustafi I would give away for nothing

Mainland-niles has never been given a proper chance in midfield imo, and nelson needs games to prove if he is good enough, so I have no issue with those moves

Pillock isnt good enough - seems to be a nice enough kid, but for me he is short on quality and again I have no issue with him moving on.

I do have an issue with the lack of permanent signings but then again I am used to it now so getting less bothered with each passing transfer window
Oh fuck me sideways stop stop stop augie. :banghead: :lol:

He's been given numerous runs in his mythical "preferred position" and he looks more fucking clueless there than at right back ffs. :roll: :lol:

He's this generation's JET and Frimpong and Boothroyd rolled into one. :oops: Remember them? All the same horseshit was said about them needing more chances blah blah preferred positions blah blah potential blah vagina blah blah blah. The truth is some players are just shit.

Agreed on Nelson though. Has looked awful at times but the jury is still out on him and he needs more game time. But to be honest I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes it.

Agreed 100% on Pillock. Complete garbage. A shame, but there ya go. :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB must be gutted, Palace came in for none of them :lol:

Mustafi is gone, thank you Shalke.......taking both Kolasinac AND Mustafi from us?????....... unload on my face you beautiful bastards :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:38 pm
DB must be gutted, Palace came in for none of them :lol:

Mustafi is gone, thank you Shalke.......taking both Kolasinac AND Mustafi from us?????....... unload on my face you beautiful bastards :barscarf:
"Vindicated" might be a better word, roddaz. :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @jamesbenge, it's looking likely that Reiss Nelson will stay at #Arsenal. https://t.co/zNJknUsyrp

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal set to complete a remarkable window of departures with Mustafi to Schalke, Willock to Newcastle & Maitland-Niles to West Brom all on track. May go late but should get done. No more incomings expected @TheAthleticUK #AFC #S04 #NUFC #WBA #DeadlineDay https://t.co/TjiWVIiREH

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: #wba have reached agreement with #afc in the last hour over a loan deal for Ainsley Maitland-Niles. He will undergo a medical in London in the next couple of hours.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sky sources: Shkodran Mustafi has just signed his contract with @s04. Contract with Arsenal already terminated. As reported: 6-months-deal until the summer, then he’s a free agent. Now all the files need to be uploaded, then it’s a done deal #DeadlineDay @Sky_Dirk @Sky_Marc https://t.co/aMLMByT23m

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:04 pm
Sky sources: Shkodran Mustafi has just signed his contract with @s04. Contract with Arsenal already terminated. As reported: 6-months-deal until the summer, then he’s a free agent. Now all the files need to be uploaded, then it’s a done deal #DeadlineDay @Sky_Dirk @Sky_Marc https://t.co/aMLMByT23m
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: