CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:57 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:11 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:03 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:32 pm
Anyhow, back on topic....

I have received my invitation for the Oxford vaccine this Thursday. Decision time. :rubchin: :lol:
What is there to decide?
You have been offered a vaccination against a virus that may well kill you.
It has been fully approved.

Just take it and stop acting like a spoilt toddler having a tantrum.
There are millions of people all over the world who would love to receive the vaccine that you can get this week.
Oh piss off mate. Who's acting like a spoilt toddler?

My decision is WHICH vaccination to have. And I'd very happily swap my medical conditions for a longer wait for a jab.

Another clueless cùnt on here. FFS!
You don’t get to make a decision
You just get to take it.

What I can’t stand is you anti vacs nut jobs who think they know better than the scientists. :roll:

Take it or dont take it, take this one or take that one, I dont really give a shit cos imo it is a personal decision that each person has to make for themselves. What I am absolutely shocked and stunned at though, is your absolute innocence in the various scientists :shock: :shock: Where there is massive amounts of money at stake (like this situation), I can never totally buy into the motives of people who are paid by the big companies. Jobs are on the line here, massive profits are on the line here, and yet you have this pure vision of the people involved :shock: :shock:
Astrazeneca arent making any money on the vaccine, its being rolled out at cost price. Thats why its being used as the vaccine of choice by third world countries. The other companies are though.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:57 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

I have received my invitation for the Oxford vaccine this Thursday. Decision time. :rubchin: :lol:
What is there to decide?

There are millions of people all over the world who would love to receive the vaccine that you can get this week.

My decision is WHICH vaccination to have. And I'd very happily swap my medical conditions for a longer wait for a jab.

You just get to take it.

What I can’t stand is you anti vacs nut jobs who think they know better than the scientists. :roll:

Take it or dont take it, take this one or take that one, I dont really give a shit cos imo it is a personal decision that each person has to make for themselves. What I am absolutely shocked and stunned at though, is your absolute innocence in the various scientists :shock: :shock: Where there is massive amounts of money at stake (like this situation), I can never totally buy into the motives of people who are paid by the big companies. Jobs are on the line here, massive profits are on the line here, and yet you have this pure vision of the people involved :shock: :shock:
Absolutely spot on Augie!

There's enough of these Scientists and experts that have differing views and opinions on all sorts of aspects of the entire pandemic. Surely that's enough to flag up some caution in even the most gullible people.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

What is there to decide?

You just get to take it.

Ohh yes you do. Have you been through this process Rob?

Basically theres a NHS Online portal and there will also be a local hub set up by GP surgeries, you can ring up your GP and find out which jabs they are administering, When I looked at online bookings, the local pharmacies administer AstraZenaca. Its not hard to figure that out. I mean how many chemists will have fridges that can store the Pfizer vaccine at -70c. This theory was backed up by making a few phone calls.

So in my case as soon as I knew my GP was administering Pfizer, I waited for a text message and took up my appointment.

What interests me is what Clummo’s preference is and why, I took Pfizer because its efficacy 3 weeks after the first jab is 90%. It starts to wane after that, but its much higher than AZN.
Without getting technical (cos I barely understood it myself :lol: ) there's a component in the Pfizer vaccine that could cause me problems. I've had bad reactions in the past to a few jabs. The major one was a penicillin injection when I was 3yo that I almost died from. Needless to say I now err on the side of being overly cautious. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I'd like to add my main preference would be to hold off having the vaccine at all for a while longer but I've been shielding for almost a year. I'd love a bit of freedom to actually leave the house for something other than trips to Sainsburys. :lol:

nut flush gooner

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

What is there to decide?

You just get to take it.

Basically theres a NHS Online portal and there will also be a local hub set up by GP surgeries, you can ring up your GP and find out which jabs they are administering, When I looked at online bookings, the local pharmacies administer AstraZenaca. Its not hard to figure that out. I mean how many chemists will have fridges that can store the Pfizer vaccine at -70c. This theory was backed up by making a few phone calls.

So in my case as soon as I knew my GP was administering Pfizer, I waited for a text message and took up my appointment.

What interests me is what Clummo’s preference is and why, I took Pfizer because its efficacy 3 weeks after the first jab is 90%. It starts to wane after that, but its much higher than AZN.
Without getting technical (cos I barely understood it myself :lol: ) there's a component in the Pfizer vaccine that could cause me problems. I've had bad reactions in the past to a few jabs. The major one was a penicillin injection when I was 3yo that I almost died from. Needless to say I now err on the side of being overly cautious. :lol:
Fair enough. I have a routine blood test at the hospital next week which having discussed with the Nurse Consultant made sure it was around 3 weeks after the jab for maximum protection. I would give anything for an easy life but constantly have to go into medical settings. Last time I looked, North Middx had 170 covid patients, hopefully numbers will be a lot lower on Tuesday.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Clummo have a look at new details announced today they might relate to your situation

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:22 pm
Clummo have a look at new details announced today they might relate to your situation
Is that regarding shielding?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:15 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

You just get to take it.

Fair enough. I have a routine blood test at the hospital next week which having discussed with the Nurse Consultant made sure it was around 3 weeks after the jab for maximum protection. I would give anything for an easy life but constantly have to go into medical settings. Last time I looked, North Middx had 170 covid patients, hopefully numbers will be a lot lower on Tuesday.
Same here. One clinic is doing phone consultations atm but the other stuff needs to be a hospital visit. Would rather not have to.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

What is there to decide?

You just get to take it.

Fuck off, I'm not having that, you said you were Albert Einstein earlier in this thread.

So are you Albert Einstein or not :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The last few comments on here really does show what a bunch of ignorant fucking morons there are in this country.

Ok so you get to choose - so what?
No one knows right now exactly which is best so I will have whatever is given to me.
However that is not the point. Clinical trials of ALL vaccines must show that they are safe and effective before any vaccine can be authorised or approved for use. This is the case with both vaccines available here in the UK.

Not only are you protecting yourself by having the vaccine it is highly likely that the more people that take it the less transmissible the virus becomes. You are therefore protecting others by having the vaccine.

Vaccinations have a greater effect on a population if the majority of people have undergone it.
The more people don’t have the vaccine the more likely it is to flare up again in the future.

So stop fuckng around, shut up and just take it.
The more you argue the stupider you look. No one on here has come up with any reason why if offered the vaccine tomorrow you should not take it.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:14 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

You just get to take it.

Fuck off, I'm not having that, you said you were Albert Einstein earlier in this thread.

So are you Albert Einstein or not :lol:
Almost Lefty, I said almost. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:26 pm
The last few comments on here really does show what a bunch of ignorant fucking morons there are in this country.

No one knows right now exactly which is best so I will have whatever is given to me.
However that is not the point. Clinical trials of ALL vaccines must show that they are safe and effective before any vaccine can be authorised or approved for use. This is the case with both vaccines available here in the UK.

Not only are you protecting yourself by having the vaccine it is highly likely that the more people that take it the less transmissible the virus becomes. You are therefore protecting others by having the vaccine.

Vaccinations have a greater effect on a population if the majority of people have undergone it.
The more people don’t have the vaccine the more likely it is to flare up again in the future.

The more you argue the stupider you look. No one on here has come up with any reason why if offered the vaccine tomorrow you should not take it.
Embarrassing yourself now. Stop digging mate. :lol:

"No one on here has come up with any reason why if offered the vaccine tomorrow you should not take it"

I think you'll find that did exactly this when I said my GP and Consultant both advised the Oxford vaccine over Pfizer for me.

Do you expect me to have the Pfizer as a preference even though there's an outside risk of it doing me harm and all I have to do is wait until my surgery has the Oxford in stock. What fool would do that?

There will be people out there that Pfizer is the safer option for them.

There will also be people out there that neither options available atm are suitable.

What do you expect them to do? Have the jab anyway and fuck it if it makes them ill or even kills them!

You had the same stubborn and blinkered attitude when we discussed that people are the main problem. You insisted that the fault was with the Government, that laws aren't tough enough or enforced.

Check the weekend news from Manchester. Fines issued to people holding parties, weddings, birthday gatherings. Even an office party for someone's retirement!!!!

And one final point. Clinical trials tend to last 6 to 7 years on average before any medication is approved. Not a few months as is the case with these vaccines.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:45 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Embarrassing yourself now. Stop digging mate. :lol:

"No one on here has come up with any reason why if offered the vaccine tomorrow you should not take it"

I think you'll find that did exactly this when I said my GP and Consultant both advised the Oxford vaccine over Pfizer for me.

Do you expect me to have the Pfizer as a preference even though there's an outside risk of it doing me harm and all I have to do is wait until my surgery has the Oxford in stock. What fool would do that?

There will be people out there that Pfizer is the safer option for them.

There will also be people out there that neither options available atm are suitable.

What do you expect them to do? Have the jab anyway and fuck it if it makes them ill or even kills them!

You had the same stubborn and blinkered attitude when we discussed that people are the main problem. You insisted that the fault was with the Government, that laws aren't tough enough or enforced.

Check the weekend news from Manchester. Fines issued to people holding parties, weddings, birthday gatherings. Even an office party for someone's retirement!!!!

And one final point. Clinical trials tend to last a couple of years before any medication is approved. Not a couple of months as is the case with these vaccines.
You are the only one embarrassing yourself.
You are lucky to have the choice of a vaccine.
If there was only the Pfizer one available he would advise you to take it.

In a global pandemic you don’t sit back and wait for one tailored to your specific requirements.
In any case anyone with health problems will likely need an Autumn booster anyway.

You are a conspiracy theorist nut job hiding behind a computer who does not have a clue what they are taking about.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Speaking for my doctor and Consultant now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just shut up man! :box: :lol:

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:

Why is it every time you comment on something that isn't Arsenal related you come across as a bit of an ignoramus, Rob?

You make a sweeping comment about how people can't have the jab of their choice and are proven wrong not only once but twice in the same thread.

And then without knowing what the underlying medical conditions people have, again make another sweeping statement over which vaccine is most suitable for each individual. I cannot speak for Clummo, but I spoke to a Nurse specialist before I was vaccinated and based on her knowledge and research I had done we both came to the conclusion that Pfizer's mRNA technology and efficacy would give my compromised immunity the best chance of creating antibodies/T Cells if I ever contracted COVID.

The whole concept of protecting others is a bit of a sideshow tbh, because at this stage the scientists are only over the last few days discovering if it prevents transmission. Early indications are they do which is great news.