Peps cone boy v Master Pep(Anal mauling) Sun 21st Feb KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Peps cone boy v Master Pep(Anal mauling) Sun 21st Feb KO 430PM

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm
As a legend once said this is not the most important game of the week
I wonder who is 'big three' would be these days now that Song, Walcott and Arshavin have long gone. Bellerin, Xhaka and Willian? :D

He'd be calling for Runnarsson now too :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I still maintain as much as the majority of problems are laid at Arteta's door our squad is woeful and certain individuals attitudes are even worse. Ancelloti, Simeone or Allegri would get more out of this team certainly but i also get the feeling that a significant number of players would be out the door at the earliest opportunity :rubchin:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Whilst I still doubt Arteta, Citeh are the form team in the lge, 4 against the mousers and easy win at toffees last week!
Make no mistake! An emery or wenger team would have lost 4,5,6 take your pick!
We had an awful first half hour, simply because they are better than us and Holding day dreaming didnt help!
We kept our shape didnt give up so some positives!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:25 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:23 pm
City retain the ball so well for long periods...just dont get a chance to create anything against them

think we will get past benfica, may take a draw to do it....

Wont win the Europa cup or finish top 4 in my opinion
A draw is no good my man, unless you fancy another 1-1 and the lottery of Dani Getafe steeping up to take a penalty :shock:
We go through if its 0-0

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Just seen an interesting stat, hard to believe for a defensive midfielder....

Xaha Did not make a tackle until the 53rd minute and then was cautioned

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:00 pm
Whilst I still doubt Arteta, Citeh are the form team in the lge, 4 against the mousers and easy win at toffees last week!
Make no mistake! An emery or wenger team would have lost 4,5,6 take your pick!
We had an awful first half hour, simply because they are better than us and Holding day dreaming didnt help!
We kept our shape didnt give up so some positives!

Sid, we lost 1-0 cos citeeh werent bothered - city came out of the blocks fast and raped us without lube, but then decided after 20 mins that the game was won and went into sleep mode. The time odegaard went down "injured" in the second half summed it all up - free wasnt given (rightly so), ball wasnt kicked out of play (rightly so), and citeeh just walked around with the player for a minute until odegaard was back on his feet :roll:
I said for last few days we wouldnt get a hiding cos citeeh wouldnt care enough to hammer us and that is how it turned out - they have their eyes on their champs league game wednesday night, and once they went ahead they knew this game was won

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Massive congratulations to the manager - its taken him only 66 games to lose the same number of games it took his predecessor 78 games to achieve

Still.....on the right track apparently ! 2 points behind Villa who stayed up on the last day, six plus an extra game played behind the man who wasn't good enough to be our manager and who is messing around at Everton, 9 behind the Chavs who sacked their manager, and 11 behind moneybags West Ham. Glory days !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:30 pm
Massive congratulations to the manager - its taken him only 66 games to lose the same number of games it took his predecessor 78 games to achieve

Still.....on the right track apparently ! 2 points behind Villa who stayed up on the last day, six plus an extra game played behind the man who wasn't good enough to be our manager and who is messing around at Everton, 9 behind the Chavs who sacked their manager, and 11 behind moneybags West Ham. Glory days !
15th in the league at Christmas.
Since then we are the 6th best team in the league in terms of points won.

Slow progress but moving in the right direction.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:30 pm

15th in the league at Christmas.
Since then we are the 6th best team in the league in terms of points won.

Slow progress but moving in the right direction.
Yes, I will concede that we are better than we were having made our worst start in 45 years

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Our arsehole was in this much jeopardy before the game so take the result and run boys -

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

You REALLY are weird & spooky sometimes Rodders. :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sometimes? :lol:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Just as well we chucked away the FA Cup so we could concentrate on the league.

Not sure if I had ever seen a side massacred 1-0 before today, but I have now.

Absolutely pathetic and hopeless performance (apart from Tierney), and if anybody disagrees with that summation, then I give up!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The most depressing aspect of today is how fucking boring we are to watch. It must be a requisite of joining the club that you must excel in passing it sideways and backwards. How many games have we lost this season narrowly(on the scoresheet) but never looked like scoring in the game, but at least when Arteta does fuck off, he can take solace in the amount of narrow defeats he will have led us to.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Block93 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:27 pm
Just as well we chucked away the FA Cup so we could concentrate on the league.

Not sure if I had ever seen a side massacred 1-0 before today, but I have now.

Absolutely pathetic and hopeless performance (apart from Tierney), and if anybody disagrees with that summation, then I give up!
The trouble is the dross/shyte players like Xhaka, Bellerin, Luiz and elneny is that not only are they level below the rest of the team and so affect the team's performance because they are shittt - But they also psychologically, confidence wise and so performance wise drag the team down and hold them back..

I lost count of the number of times Xhaka played the ball backwards and sideways, but also played his teams mates into trouble. Bellerin is a total waste of energy, he runs forward with the ball until he meets an opposing player and rather than try and take them on he stalls everything and everyone's forward momentum and then passes back; either playing his team mate into trouble or sending the ball back to where he first began his forward run from. I mean what's the point.

Arteta would do better by giving some of the reserves a try, Balogun is a prime example...and as for Martinelli...he would do a far, far better job in mid-field than Xhaka or elneny...

At least he can tackle without fouling, he can run with the ball and pick a pass...also he has Energy and Enthusiasm.

Luiz is a Dullard

Bellerin doesn't have a clue

Elneny tries but is simply many levels below being a prem player

:?