Peps cone boy v Master Pep(Anal mauling) Sun 21st Feb KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPARKSY

Re: Peps cone boy v Master Pep(Anal mauling) Sun 21st Feb KO 430PM

Post by SPARKSY »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:00 pm
Whilst I still doubt Arteta, Citeh are the form team in the lge, 4 against the mousers and easy win at toffees last week!
Make no mistake! An emery or wenger team would have lost 4,5,6 take your pick!
We had an awful first half hour, simply because they are better than us and Holding day dreaming didnt help!
We kept our shape didnt give up so some positives!
The smallest player on the City team scoring with a header in the 6 yard box and our team having only one shot on target the whole 90 mins, are not very positive

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:20 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:41 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm
Just seen an interesting stat, hard to believe for a defensive midfielder....

Xaha Did not make a tackle until the 53rd minute and then was cautioned
I couldn't understand why he was penalised for a high challenge, gundegon foot was as high, and he kicked xhaka's leg, meaning Xhaka was first to the ball. Yet, ref yellow cards Xhaka and awards city a free kick.
That's one that always bugs me. Both feet high and going for the ball. It's purely accidental. Yes it's a sore one but not even a free kick let alone a booking.

As melonhead Andy Gray would say, not every coming together is a foul.

Compare that to John Stones shepherding the ball out for a goal kick. The ball isn't within 6 feet of him and he's more intent on blocking the man. That's an old fashioned indirect free kick for obstruction to me.

Perfectly acceptable when Sol Campbell used to do it though obviously. :lol:
Ironically would have done us a favour if he had sent Xaha off...hes absolute SHIT

augie

Post by augie »

SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:34 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:00 pm
Whilst I still doubt Arteta, Citeh are the form team in the lge, 4 against the mousers and easy win at toffees last week!
Make no mistake! An emery or wenger team would have lost 4,5,6 take your pick!
We had an awful first half hour, simply because they are better than us and Holding day dreaming didnt help!
We kept our shape didnt give up so some positives!
The smallest player on the City team scoring with a header in the 6 yard box and our team having only one shot on target the whole 90 mins, are not very positive

And that shot was by a full back btw :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The players walked onto the pitch Afraid and they played like they were afraid. That goes for the manager as well. SHAMEFUL.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:08 am
augie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:31 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm
Just seen an interesting stat, hard to believe for a defensive midfielder....

Xaha Did not make a tackle until the 53rd minute and then was cautioned
I couldn't understand why he was penalised for a high challenge, gundegon foot was as high, and he kicked xhaka's leg, meaning Xhaka was first to the ball. Yet, ref yellow cards Xhaka and awards city a free kick.
That's one that always bugs me. Both feet high and going for the ball. It's purely accidental. Yes it's a sore one but not even a free kick let alone a booking.

Compare that to John Stones shepherding the ball out for a goal kick. The ball isn't within 6 feet of him and he's more intent on blocking the man. That's an old fashioned indirect free kick for obstruction to me.

A perfectly fair shoulder to shoulder challenge in my book, and sadly missing from today's game :( Look at the difference in our players and what stones showed yesterday - our players (especially xhaka but not only xhaka), wait for the slightest contact and go to ground grabbing the ball for a free kick, whilst stones was gonna fight and show who was boss in that moment and got his reward, and let's not forget that stones is not known for his defensive strength. Referee's in england are beginning to get wise to xhaka's attempt to con them that way now, and we are gonna to see an increasing number of occasions where the ref either waves play on or gives a free kick for handball against xhaka, and it is no less than he deserves.
Come on Augie, a shoulder to shoulder I will always agree but not a shoulder to the chest when the ball is not within a playable distance. That's a foul all day long mate.
100% it was shoulder to chest. I'm old school like the augster and I hate how soft the modern game has become but a foul is still a foul and shoulder to chest is a foul.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:23 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:08 am
augie wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:31 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

A perfectly fair shoulder to shoulder challenge in my book, and sadly missing from today's game :( Look at the difference in our players and what stones showed yesterday - our players (especially xhaka but not only xhaka), wait for the slightest contact and go to ground grabbing the ball for a free kick, whilst stones was gonna fight and show who was boss in that moment and got his reward, and let's not forget that stones is not known for his defensive strength. Referee's in england are beginning to get wise to xhaka's attempt to con them that way now, and we are gonna to see an increasing number of occasions where the ref either waves play on or gives a free kick for handball against xhaka, and it is no less than he deserves.
Come on Augie, a shoulder to shoulder I will always agree but not a shoulder to the chest when the ball is not within a playable distance. That's a foul all day long mate.
100% it was shoulder to chest. I'm old school like the augster and I hate how soft the modern game has become but a foul is still a foul and shoulder to chest is a foul.
Pussy midfield players, perfectly acceptable defensive intervention that :wink: