Benfica Bawbags N Thur 25th Feb KO 555pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Benfica Bawbags N Thur 25th Feb KO 555pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:07 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:59 pm
Dani Getafe should NEVER play for us again.

Useless prick.
That header back is one of the most fucking brain dead things I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

He is fucking SHIT :banghead:
Imagine if he does it in the round of 16 against Villareal :D :D :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Bloody hell i've just watched Keown and Carney discussing the match and talk about clutching at straws and navel gazing, we were shit for a lot of that and incredibly lucky to get a result but they seem to think with a few tweaks we can go far in this :banghead:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 pm
One thing no one mentions about the 3rd goal is the way that Laca is basically wrestling two players keeping them occupied which helps make the cross easier as there are no CBs to defend it, at times Laca doesnt get the credit he should for his off the ball work
Yep exactly and so many people on here have called him lazy and disinterested because he wasn't scoring. There's so much more to his game that people just don't see.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

thank you for the welcome one bard and db10 :wink:

honestly - what a fucking nervous display, could we make that any less convincing? :lol:

fair play to tierney and saka for making and scoring those goals, auba for the two goals but our midfield is looking for unbalanced right now, no point having all these great passers of the ball if none of them have an ounce of common sense :roll:

just try and hope we get grenada or shaktar next, don't fancy a british side but i suppose we'd have to play them eventually anyway...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Some amount of bedwetters on here.

:lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I've been waiting to get back at these cûnts and knock them out of something for three fucking decades. I was absolutely fucking chuffed to see them lying on the ground at the end. Them and that fucking skinny Martina Navaratilova skeleton boss of theirs. Fuck right fucking off.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 pm
One thing no one mentions about the 3rd goal is the way that Laca is basically wrestling two players keeping them occupied which helps make the cross easier as there are no CBs to defend it, at times Laca doesnt get the credit he should for his off the ball work
I can’t believe he has barely got on the pitch for the last few games

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:13 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Useless prick.
That header back is one of the most fucking brain dead things I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

:shock:

I’ll have to close my account, change my name and go into the witness protection programme if that happens.

We’re definitely getting Villareal or Olympiakos next round aren’t we? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:13 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Useless prick.

:shock:

I’ll have to close my account, change my name and go into the witness protection programme if that happens.

We’re definitely getting Villareal or Olympiakos next round aren’t we? :lol:
I hope so.......I mean if we play the latter then the Barry White CDs come back out of the box.......and if its the former, then we're guaranteed to win with their 'clueless' manager :wink: :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

If we get Olympiakos we can play home and away matches in Athens :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:43 pm
Well it is like a spiritual home for us, we've had some wonderful nights there...... well Rodders has when the team has been there :rubchin: :ewwwww:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I wouldn't say we were lucky to win that match as I didn't see much threat from Benfica.
We did well not to shoot ourselves in the foot because we were a mistake, lapse of concentration from losing the game.
Why didn't we attack their penalty area?
Build up play was so slow, could see Auba's frustration boiling to the point of giving up as the ball didn't arrive in front of him, until he had his back to goal. By then it's way too late for him. It's not rugby :?: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:43 pm
They'll knock us out on away goals in their own ground :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What do we want................VILLAREAL

When do we want them...........NEXT

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

No doubt ceballos was a fcuking shitfest tonight, but I am amzed at how little attention that c.unt beside him has got - the man was fcuking useless :roll: He pulled out of tackles a lot, but more often than not (and especially in the last 15-20 minutes) he would jog up to one of their players to make it look like he was working hard, but when he got close he actually did nothing and allowed them pass around him :roll: His passing was one directional - in other words every single time the ball was passed in to him from Tierney or Smith-Rowe on the wing, he would straight away pass it back to them instead of opening up his body and open up the game :evil:

It goes without saying that there really is no hope for pep's cone boy at this stage - his obsession with willian shows no signing of lessening, and it is beyond comprehension how he can bring him on ahead of laca and martinelli :roll: :censored: :censored:
His in game changes were crazy again too - why, when you need a goal, do you bring on a defensive midfielder (cos that is what partey is) ?

I think it also has to be said that we are not as good a team with odegaard in the 10 instead of smith-rowe - people can claim that odegaard is only getting used to the team etc and that may be true, but the team was far better with smith-rowe in the centre and we havent got time to prick around and weaken the time while odegaard is settling

Btw I really hope that we get ac milan or napoli or ajax in the next round cos I do not want to get knocked out by a premier league team