Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1951/52(joint) H Sun 14th Mar KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1951/52(joint) H Sun 14th Mar KO 430PM

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:48 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:44 pm
Anyone would have thought we had lost today! :roll:

Embarrassing whining pre match and now post match moaning after WINNING a north London derby

Anyway I’m celebrating :barscarf: :barscarf:
Sometimes I really wonder what you are smoking Rob mate. How can you not be embarrassed and angry after that? We murdered them and still for the last twenty minutes we were hanging on for dear life
and absolutely totally lucky to win. All because our "manager" is a clueless arrogant cock.
Mate tbf you answered your own question, Argeta picked the right side who dominated the game and should have been out of site by half time, it's not Artetas fault the fuckers can't put away chances.

The subs were probably preplanned but tbf by then we should have been way ahead and tge teamwork have been more relaxed instead of nervy.

Just my opinion lol.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The subs were a joke and Arteta’s in-game management is a disgrace. It either involves needlessly inviting on pressure if we are winning, or not really giving it a go if we are losing. He has nothing like the pedigree to manage at this level.

But fuck it for today, we beat the scum and I am going to fucking enjoy it.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

On the channel I watched they didn't have silly OTT crowd noises drowning out the coaches shouts. In those last 10-15 minutes Arteta could clearly be heard to constantly shout "pass pass" "keep the ball" "higher line" "push up" and other shouts in Spanish that may have been the same (I don't speak Spanish other than dos cervezas por favor :lol:). If the players don't listen or can't/won't do what the coach is instructing effectively then surely the fault lies more with them?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:01 pm
On the channel I watched they didn't have silly OTT crowd noises drowning out the coaches shouts. In those last 10-15 minutes Arteta could clearly be heard to constantly shout "pass pass" "keep the ball" "higher line" "push up" and other shouts in Spanish that may have been the same (I don't speak Spanish other than dos cervezas por favor :lol:). If the players don't listen or can't/won't do what the coach is instructing effectively then surely the fault lies more with them?
I tend to find its easier to keep the ball if you leave a centre forward up there rather than lots of flaky midfielders!

We won the game and after 75 minutes that was totally deserved. But the additions of Willian and Elneny and taking off ESR and Lacazette nearly cost us dearly

Surely the manager can see the players out there and who is doing it and who isn't. It was so obvious as soon as Laca went off that we were going to spend the rest of the game on the back foot. Luckily the post and Gabriel's amazing header served us well otherwise that would have been a shocker throwing it away against 10 men

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Jenas is about to cry on national TV talking about the penalty and sending off :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:52 pm
Jenas is about to cry on national TV talking about the penalty and sending off :lol: :lol:
I just switched it off.

Wasn't a penalty, wasn't a yellow for the first Lamela foul etc

Fuck off Gareth Gates wannabe, scum c.unt

No mention of the window licker's forearm smash or Hojberg fouling six times without caution

Go fuck yourselves vermin scum c.unts

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

:cry: :lol:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:54 pm
I just switched it off.

No mention of the window licker's forearm smash or Hojberg fouling six times without caution

The little montage before the game was pretty hilariously shit too. Talking about power shift because they've finished above us 4 times, whilst failing to mention they've won the total sum of fuck all in that time too

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:11 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:54 pm
I just switched it off.

The little montage before the game was pretty hilariously shit too. Talking about power shift because they've finished above us 4 times, whilst failing to mention they've won the total sum of fuck all in that time too
Coverage was awful. Saw ESR's shot hit the bar then the next second they were 1-0 up. Absolutely tore them a new one in the first half but you would never have been able to tell

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Jermaine Penis salty tears have made my night the fucking no mark c.unt :lol:

Pity jugs wasn’t on to witness it but no chance that woke dickhead would do 2 nights work a week to justify his £1.75 million contract I suppose.

Fall off your chair this week you fucking crisp shagging C.UNT :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuck 'em. A beer with my cornflakes today :D !. Always will be scum. :barscarf: :barscarf:

corkbarry1

Post by corkbarry1 »

Keown also said it wasn't a penalty because the ball was gone. wtf is he talking about?. Most of the frees in any game is players being tackled when the ball is gone.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:13 pm
We won :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

We were awarded a penalty that they will dispute - Ahahahahaha!!!

They had a goal rightly disallowed for offside - Ahahahaha!!

They had a man sent off - Ahahahahaha!!

If it'd been the other way round we'd be fuming.

What a Super Sunday. I'm still laughing....
To me the fact they are annoyed about it makes it all the sweeter :D :D :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You won’t find a bigger Auba fan than me out there, I absolutely fucking love the guy to bits but I’m disappointed he hasn’t apologised for yesterday.

When he joined from Dortmund we were warned that his attitude was an issue and that’s why none of the big boys came in for him despite his enormous talent but since day one here he has been exemplary on and off the pitch.

In the grand scheme of things being late a few times isn’t the worst thing in the world but he was wrong and I’m 100% behind him being dropped for it.

As club captain he should have apologised to everyone at the club especially the fans but he hasn’t. He’s our biggest goal threat and he rocks up late for a NLD, one of our biggest games in every season? Unacceptable.

Stories this morning that he left the ground while the rest of the subs were out on the pitch warming down, hopefully he was given permission to do this and didn’t just fuck off himself.

He posted an obligatory North London is red comment on Insta last night but left it at that. Hopefully we get something more off him today.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:48 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:01 pm
I tend to find its easier to keep the ball if you leave a centre forward up there rather than lots of flaky midfielders!

We won the game and after 75 minutes that was totally deserved. But the additions of Willian and Elneny and taking off ESR and Lacazette nearly cost us dearly

Surely the manager can see the players out there and who is doing it and who isn't. It was so obvious as soon as Laca went off that we were going to spend the rest of the game on the back foot. Luckily the post and Gabriel's amazing header served us well otherwise that would have been a shocker throwing it away against 10 men

:lol: :lol: :lol: