SteveO and Rodders Barry White derby H ..Round of 16 2nd leg,Thurs 18th March KO 555pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: SteveO and Rodders Barry White derby H ..Round of 16 2nd leg,Thurs 18th March KO 555pm

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:33 pm
Got to be happy with that draw , be a chance to out the Emery/Arteta debate to bed as well if we knock them out :D

You jest surely ?? Arteta's Arsenal knocked pep's citeeh out of the cup last season - who would you rather have in charge of AFC ?

I will say it again as I have all season, on paper our team is better than sparta prague, villareal and manure, plus I would probably put money on us having a better team than ajax and roma on paper too. Take arteta out of this equation and I would put money on us to win this pish poor europa league, if we win it with him in charge it wont be that we won it because of him

shu

Re: SteveO and Rodders Barry White derby H ..Round of 16 2nd leg,Thurs 18th March KO 555pm

Post by shu »

And the date of the final is MAY 26th :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Slavia Prague coming our way I reckon! :barscarf:
I had a strong feeling we’d get them, if only I could get the same feeling for euromillions!! 😩🙄

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:25 pm
Time for a pop quiz, how many games unbeaten did we go under Unai during that famous run? :lol:

:wink:
Surprisingly I think its fewer than the number of shots Watford once had in a single match against us..............the memory's fading as it hasn't been mentioned in the last week or so :wink:

Funnily enough the score from that same game is rarely posted.............I'd presumed it was 5 or 6 nil, but can't be certain :D

In any event you'd never catch us doing that again against dross like Villa or Leeds.....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What Watford game? I have no idea what you’re on about :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And so....

Europa League quarter-final draw

Granada v Manchester United

Arsenal v Slavia Prague

Ajax v Roma

Dinamo Zagreb v Villarreal

Europa League semi-final draw

Granada/Manchester United v Ajax/Roma

Dinamo Zagreb/Villarreal v Arsenal/Slavia Prague

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:59 pm
And so....

Europa League quarter-final draw

Granada v Manchester United

Arsenal v Slavia Prague

Ajax v Roma

Dinamo Zagreb v Villarreal

Europa League semi-final draw

Granada/Manchester United v Ajax/Roma

Dinamo Zagreb/Villarreal v Arsenal/Slavia Prague
Unai in the semi, and the little goblin in the final

We win the cup and the board present Arteta with a 5 year contract

From the Champions League to League One

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Out of interest I watched Villarreal vs Kiev earlier.

Emery had them playing a very aggressive, hard and fast press around the Kiev box when the keeper had the ball. Kiev really struggled with it at times.

Made me wonder how our snowflakes would cope with that! :rubchin: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 pm

Emery had them playing a very aggressive, hard and fast press around the Kiev box when the keeper had the ball. Kiev really struggled with it at times.

That's all well and good, but can he say "good evening" to them and have perfect english ? That is the mark of a top manager :wink: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 pm

A hard and fast press that is the hallmark of all his teams and which was on the way to being implemented here, once the real snowflakes like Ozil who clearly couldn't do it, were moved on, and the players he brought through like Saka and Martinelli would have been able to cope with

Like Augie said though he couldn't say 'good evening' properly, and didn't use clever words like 'transitions' and explain 20 defeats away by 'small details', so we'll never know now!

If you can get Sevilla and Valencia finishing top 4 with your own players then you can certainly do it at Arsenal !

Like you say - it'll be interesting to see how we cope with it. What could possibly go wrong with Leno, Partey, Luiz and Xhaka having them pin us back around our own box :D

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I still can't forget old Helmethead nearly "passing" the ball into his own net in the early days. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What a useless c.unt he was :lol:

https://youtu.be/5ZfBgE7KR3Q

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:24 am
What a useless c.unt he was :lol:

https://youtu.be/5ZfBgE7KR3Q
That's the one. :lol: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 am
I still can't forget old Helmethead nearly "passing" the ball into his own net in the early days. :lol:

We can laugh now, but it was shit in the pants at the time :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 am
Watching that Chavski reject c.unt used to depress me full stop!

I remember all the brave talk about the winners mentality he was bringing to the dressing room and how Maureen was supposedly livid that the Chavs had sanctioned the sale - yeah right, just like they were gutted Willian left!

I watched that helmet headed has been prick's first game against West Ham from a bar in Turkey and he was so fucking shit and cost us the game, that i ended up getting wankered with my nephew all afternoon, only for the missus to come storming down a few hours later saying I'd ruined the whole day :D :D