Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

goonersid

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:59 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:50 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:53 pm
The Europa League won't make a shred of difference, just like our worst start for 45 years didn't

The board have been conned, and it doesn't help when they read journos saying we are "on the right path"

They'll be convinced he's the new Messiah when we're singing Eee aye eee aye eee aye oh at Luton and Coventry
The was a poll on twatter asking if we finished 10th and lost the El this week would you back the manager or time for a new one. From 35,000 votes 75% backed the manager.

Is it that our younger generation fans never actually tasted proper glory so will therefore settle for this shite
I think it's that our younger generation are absolutely brainwashed by the fact he was Pep's assistant and prefer the fact he speaks good English and uses clever words in his press conferences and interviews.

As I said before, losing to Slavia won't make a blind bit of difference, so whilst I respect what Augie, Sid and others are feeling, I think an embarrassing 0-3 bumholing to Slavia would still him supported by 75% of fans.

I also think people are too proud to change their stance - so convinced were they that anyone would be better than Emery the clown, they now can't bear to be wrong.......a modern society trait I'm afraid. Its all about 'being right' on social media isn't it
I'm not sure he has the support of 10% of fans never mind 75% , he was never a popular appointment with the majority of fans, although the fa cup success did win many over.
I think that cup success is now a distant memory!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thursdays game was always the important one...

We was 9th before yesterdays loss....we are stil 9th

With that in mind would it not been a good idea to rest one of the seasons better performers....say Tierney?

Arteta is on around £5 million a year and just dont see many good decisions coming from him

He has been culpable in previous games with poor team selection and substitutions....changing the game against us

Why bring on Martinelli with 10 mins left....if he thinks he can nick a goal, bring him on earlier, anyone would think hes puropsely fucking him around

So many games we start so slowly, with little effort or desire....chasing the game like we did at West Ham

Would like to see us win the Europa, and build for next season.....but just think we are in for a whole load more grief for the forseeable future
Last edited by Redarmy on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
The Europa League won't make a shred of difference, just like our worst start for 45 years didn't

The board have been conned, and it doesn't help when they read journos saying we are "on the right path"

They'll be convinced he's the new Messiah when we're singing Eee aye eee aye eee aye oh at Luton and Coventry
The was a poll on twatter asking if we finished 10th and lost the EL this week would you back the manager or time for a new one. From 35,000 votes 75% backed the manager.

Is it that our younger generation fans never actually tasted proper glory so will therefore settle for this shite
Polls on twatter mean nothing to me. All a poll on twatter indicates is that 35000 people somewhere in the world are pathetic enough to vote in a meaningless poll on twatter. 35000 of the type of people that list their favourite clubs on social media as "Arsenal, Barca, Madrid and Liverpool".

You know, cùnts. :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:46 am

With that in mind would it not been a good idea to rest one of the seasons better performers....say Tierney?

Arteta is on around £5 million a year and just dont see many good decisions coming from him

He has been culpable in previous games with poor team selection and substitutions....changing the game against us

Why bring on Martinelli with 10 mins left....if he thinks he can nick a goal, bring him on earlier, anyone would think hes puropsely fucking him around

So many games we start so slowly, with little effort or desire....chasing the game like we did at West Ham

Would like to see us win the Europa, and build for next season.....but just think we are in for a whole load more grief for the forseeable future
Please tell me that bit isn't true? It's embarrassing enough having this helmet in charge, but seriously? Should be £2m maximum for a novice like him - no wonder the wig wearing c.unt won't sack him

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:52 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

The was a poll on twatter asking if we finished 10th and lost the EL this week would you back the manager or time for a new one. From 35,000 votes 75% backed the manager.

Polls on twatter mean nothing to me. All a poll on twatter indicates is that 35000 people somewhere in the world are pathetic enough to vote in a meaningless poll on twatter. 35000 of the type of people that list their favourite clubs on social media as "Arsenal, Barca, Madrid and Liverpool".

You know, cùnts. :wink:

Absolutely agree - more than likely there would be thousands of rivals fans in that voting to support pep's water boy, just as we have done many times in the past when the scum had a failing manager. My problem with these bullsh.it polls is that the media will run with them and cite websites like this one as being supporters of el beige when the reality is (like sid said) that he probably has the backing of no more than 10% of proper Gooners. Make no mistake, he was have been run out of time long ago if the fans were at these matches, and yesterday they might have even burnt his car out :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Btw DB10, if brendan rodgers rang looking for arteta's job I would give it to him in a heartbeat and pay him twice what arteta is getting. I know that you aint a rodgers fan but at this stage you have to admit that he is the type of "low budget manager who has his teams performing more than the sum of their parts", that we absolutely need. He has experience, has tactical knowledge, has respect from players and within the game, and has enough arrogance to believe that he can do the job but not to believe that he is jesus reincarnate like this c.unt does :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:48 am
Btw DB10, if brendan rodgers rang looking for arteta's job I would give it to him in a heartbeat and pay him twice what arteta is getting. I know that you aint a rodgers fan but at this stage you have to admit that he is the type of "low budget manager who has his teams performing more than the sum of their parts", that we absolutely need. He has experience, has tactical knowledge, has respect from players and within the game, and has enough arrogance to believe that he can do the job but not to believe that he is jesus reincarnate like this c.unt does :roll:
He would cost an absolute fortune now. Didn't he sign a 5 year deal or something, and its hardly like Leicester are hard up.

I wouldn't want him. His teams ALWAYS collapse in the final third of the season, and last season's was the mother of all collapses when they went from second to missing out on the CL placings.

Of course he is better than Arteta. I'm struggling to think of a PL manager I wouldn't take over him, including the sacked Chris Wilder.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:00 am
Redarmy wrote:

Please tell me that bit isn't true? It's embarrassing enough having this helmet in charge, but seriously? Should be £2m maximum for a novice like him - no wonder the wig wearing c.unt won't sack him
Yes same as Emery apparently...he just aint worth it.....what preparation did they do for the scouse game.....cant see anything??

Fucking Fat sam would have set them up better FFS :banghead:

Take the head phones off them, and ban fucking super cars wrapped in gold....

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are a shambles.The faith they are showing in Arteta -a rookie manager who is taking the club backwards, is really quite astonishing.

The above taken from a journalist reporting on yesterday's game.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:23 am
Arsenal are a shambles.The faith they are showing in Arteta -a rookie manager who is taking the club backwards, is really quite astonishing.

What journo mc ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:13 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:00 am
Redarmy wrote:

Yes same as Emery apparently...he just aint worth it.....what preparation did they do for the scouse game.....cant see anything??

Fucking Fat sam would have set them up better FFS :banghead:

Take the head phones off them, and ban fucking super cars wrapped in gold....
This coming off the back of the West Ham game where one of our senior players in Lacazette admitted that they "didn't respect the game plan"

The Arteta Myths - "The players are bought into the process"

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:41 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

What journo mc ?

David Kidd writes for your fav newspaper :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I never understood while a large chunk of Arsenal fans wanted Arteta to replace Wenger, I never understand why it was such a popular idea - a man who has NEVER managed a game in his life,p - and I will never understand why Everton got Ancellotti while we got Arteta a but I understand why Arteta will stay for as long a season he will; I've just seen Arsenal fans on Twitter say Arteta is the right man for the job.

I'm all for blaming the shite players in our team, but if Emery can a better performance out of, arguably, a worse team then Martinez-lite can do better with a better team.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:47 am
augie wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:41 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

What journo mc ?

David Kidd writes for your fav newspaper :wink:

Playboy have a football correspondent ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arteta needs to get pragmatic (he won’t). Stop putting faith in big money players and playing out from the back. We don’t have the ability nor the attitude. He needs to jettison Pepe, Aubameyang and a few others. This all won’t happen though.