Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

Exactly. I’ve been saying that since forever. The footballing policy at this club should be young, up and coming players with a point to prove and a hunger in their bellies to make it in the game.

We should be viewed as one of the most desirable clubs in Europe for these players to join because they know that they will be developed and have a clear pathway to first team football.

Signings like side show and Willian were absolute insanity and the complete opposite of what we should be trying to achieve (not to mention a fucking massive waste of money). Guendouzi for 7 million, now that’s the category of player we need to be after - it’s just a shame he turned out to be a bit shite and a massive fanny ( sorry Augie :lol: ).

But that’s the type of player we need to be taking a punt on, we could have gotten 10 of them for the price of a Pepe :roll:

Young players with desire and a point to prove over fucking has been “big names” on massive wages here to top up the pension fund is the way to go.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Ten for the price of Pepe ?
Wonder how Reid’s Nelson would have developed with 50 plus first team appearances

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:12 pm
Wonder how Reid’s Nelson would have developed with 50 plus first team appearances
Probably no worse than he has in the 77 appearances he has made tbf. :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:29 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Reiss Nelson has 22 first team appearances??

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:22 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:29 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Reiss Nelson has 22 first team appearances??
That's supposed to be 22. No idea where 77 came from.

Fat fingers, small phone. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I must have been drunk. Its also supposed to be no better. :oops: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1995-96

The last season that we didn't play any form of European football having lost to that ex Scummer c.unt's last minute goal the season before

Go out of this and this cock will have achieved what hasn't happened since we had a caretaker in Stuart Houston

Even the maligned Rioch and Emery managed to get us into Europe. Taking the 11th richest club in the world, to finishing about 11th in their own league is nothing short of scandalous.

Get this game won, or get gone

augie

Post by augie »

My youngest lad (16 years old) is obviously far more in tune with the social media world than I am, and he tells me that there was serious anger and venom thrown arteta's way on instagram last weekend, and that it is the worst he has seen. His innocence (bless his cotton socks :lol: ) still believes that winning the ropey league can make everything ok again, and is basically suppressing any personal feelings towards arteta as long as we can still win a cup. It is because of that kind of mentality that I am firmly in sid's corner when he suggests that any result that keeps arteta in the job is not in the best interests of the club.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Look, there’s no chance of Arsenal winning the EL, don’t be silly!! Apart from the fact that every team left in it is more than capable of beating us, we are actually capable of beating ourselves with the Marx brothers out there*.... Leno, Holdinho, Granito and Getafeo. :banghead: :banghead:

*and half a dozen other pieces of shit

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Still no update on Tierney.....he’s fucked isn’t he? :suicide:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:51 am
Still no update on Tierney.....he’s fucked isn’t he? :suicide:
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/04 ... six-weeks/

Oh Well

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Will be interesting to see the lineup today. If we go for floaters like Willian and Pepe we will be out worked and outfought. If Arteta realises that his job is on the line and goes for the likes of Saka and ESR (if fit) then we may have half a chance. Slavia Prague are no mugs and we are in for a tough fight. Personally I would drop Auba for Martinelli. But who am I to suggest that? Captain Scarlet will live or die on the Europa as without it I have a feeling he could be gone.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I wonder which names will be pulled from the hat to go alongside Leno and Xhaka tonight.

Odegaard next most certain. Swampy bound to be back at right back, the Southampton reserve right back at LB for the rest of the season

ESR and Martinelli both not to start - that's obvious

I've heard that its best of three at rock, paper, scissors in a round robin format between the centre halves to decide who plays there

augie

Post by augie »

If odegaard is out injured, then I expect esr to be put on the win and willian in the 10 - isnt it exactly the type of move that pep's waterboy has made his hallmark. Laca will be axed, auba in the middle, pepe on the other wing, and saka and bellend as the 2 full backs. Holding and mari will be the two centre backs and the swiss turn and the egyptian pirlo in front of them

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We have more than a few injuries and Saliva Prague AKA: Phlegm are a tad on the ole Dirrrrty Barstaards side I hear!? :?