Our inevitable Euro exit in Prague Thurs 15th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Our inevitable Euro exit in Prague Thurs 15th April KO 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

We made an arse of it tonight so I thought fuck it I'll put up the thread for the return leg over there..Were shite :cry: I expect they'll brownhole us and itll be our last game in Europe for a long long time.. 2-0 Slavia.

g88ner

Re: Our inevitable Euro exit in Prague Thurs 15th April KO 8pm

Post by g88ner »

Win away in Prague or it’s season over with the prospect of another 8 dead rubbers still to play in the league :shock:

Lose and Arteta should (but won’t) be sacked by Friday morning.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I reckon we’ll go through.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Under previous managers, and even under this one when he had his temporary "new manager bounce", I'd back us to dig ourselves out of the shite in a game like this......but not this time

There isn't a player out there who gives a fuck - well Tierney is injured, and Martinelli is having his 10 year sabbatical, so I mean literally nobody who gives a fuck

This lot haven't lost at home to anyone all year

We're out, and he should be too the very next morning

If we do lose and he keeps his job, I'd really like to know what he'd have to do to lose his job. Worse league finish in 25 years looks inevitable, threw away both domestic cups, and in Europe would have crashed out at the round of 32, and QF stage in the second tier competition (even the previous two managers managed the semi or the final).

If he is here next season, I think you can safely say Kroenke's ambition will only ever be staying in the Premier League - and all the while BT, Amazon, Sky and every other sponsor keep throwing billions at it, he won't give a shit where we finish as long as its 17th or higher

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The season is over.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

If Martinelli gets a start it'll be a real sign that arteta is desperate, if he goes with Willian etc then he's in need of some sort of metal health professional.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Do we want to win though?, I mean if we do the inevitable thing will be either losing to Unai's Villareal or going out to United, or worse again losing to United in the final, just like the 4-1 loss to Chavski a few years ago.. Arsenal life = death by 1000 cuts.

We've been cut so many times they don't even hurt anymore!.

#KroenkeOUT
#HopeWiggyHasntHadHisJab

:banghead:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Even if by some complete fluke we would win this cup,and qualify for the Champons League,we’d be back in the Eufa cup before we knew it,we are miles off even Europe’s second tier clubs,let alone the Barca’s and Bayern’s,it’d be even more embarrassing for the club,and us mugs,ams the only ones who benefit are wiggy and the board

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If we somehow managed to beat Saliva away - That would only encourage the morons like those on AFTV to call for Captain Scarlet to be given more time etc etc etc :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

The best result for us and the future of Arsenal as a club - is for them to rape us 6 - Nil or something...

We all know Pep Lite (copyrighted to DB) is here for another season at the very least, but the more times he can be humiliated and shown what a Totally INEPTCUNT then the less can be argued in his favour for staying at the ned of next season.

I blame Wenger & kroenkeCUNTAY! :box:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

SP are a poor side, the Czech league is absolutely piss poor so a great home record is nothing much to shout about. Beating Leicester was a great result for them and a big surprise but Rangers are pish let’s be honest.
We’ll win over there I’m sure. We may even beat Villarreal over 2 legs. But we won’t beat United so we’d better hope someone takes them out in the semi’s!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

So if/when we go out all we'll have left to play for is pride. But we don't have any, so where does that leave us :? :? :?

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

If this idiot picks a similar starting line up to Thursday we are out.

Wouldn't rule out us winning but if he plays an attacking team like anyone on here would do we will create enough to score twice, we are not keeping clean sheets so have a go 2-2 gets us through.

Saka at LB, Matinelli ahead of him most of out downfall the other night was right footed Soares cutting back from his left and playing back passes to Gabriel/ Leno.....as for Willian all the pace goes out of our attack like Lacca playing a team with a high line we play out two slowest attackers :banghead:

Martinelli, Auba, Pepe start up top.

augie

Post by augie »

I think we'll go through if I'm honest - it will either be a cakewalk for us or will be a heroic late goal that wins it ( :roll: ), but it will cue the soundbites about courage and determination to make it up to the fans after recent weeks debacles :roll:

If you really want to make it up to us, fcuk the manager and half the squad out of our club :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :evil: :evil:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

3-1 to us ,we will show great courage and ambition and be heroic :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The thing is I really, really cant will myself to want to lose, the way things are at the club we are drifting further and further from Europe, you know the thing we moved from Highbury for, and many of us are no spring chickens, I'd like us to win in Europe one more time before I piss of to the pearly gates.... admittedly I may have another 40 years of life yet but it is likely we wont ever come close to European glory again in that time :rubchin: ....... we could even become Spuds-lite :ewwwww: