ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:52 am
gooner265 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:34 pm
Folarin Balogun will turn down a contract offer from Bayer Leverkusen to stay at Arsenal, with the player set to sign a new contract until 2025 ‘imminently’. RB Leipzig never entered the race. [@FabrizioRomano] #afc

Great News :barscarf:
Yes it is and I reckon it may mean Laca goes in the summer, he may not be great but we will get £25M for Laca, sorry we should get that for him but with our negotiators we'll be lucky to get £15M.....

Now if we get rid of the remainder on Augies list above, Torreira who has implied he doesnt want to stay here and Guendozi who is dogshit we might actually have about, with our negotiators in mind, £40M altogether to spend :roll:

Problem I have is either (a) it means we will get rid of guendozi, torreira and keep donkeys like xhaka or (b) get rid of all of those midfielders I listed, and we wont have the money to replace them all. In my opinion you sell players like xhkaka and laca etc cos they are proven failures just coasting through life, and you use players like guendouzi and torreira to replace them cos they are already our players and wont cost us any money - the money for sales could then be used to bring in an Aouar and we are significantly better straight away.
I keep saying this every summer, but as fans we need to prioritise the players we need to get rid of most cos there is no way we can or will sell them all - I accept that some of you dislike/dont rate guendouzi, but would you rather keep him as a back-up, or keep xhaka as a starter cos it really is that simple and straight forward. If we were in a financial position to sell and replace both, and if we were willing to do it then I would be on board with that, but that is unrealistic. Does anybody believe that we can sell squad players like guendouzi and torreira, use the money then to buy quality starters, and that players like bellend and xhaka will accept demotion to squad players with no behind the scenes hassle ?

Selling those senior sub-standard shit players is the only way forward for the club imo, and those yearning for the club to get rid of players like guendouzi etc need to be patient imo

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Few rumours supposedly on twitter saying Leno is looking to get out of the club.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I’d love Leno to Fuck off out of our club but I fear each time he goes to walk through the door it will slip through his butter fingers!! :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @dwright75, #Arsenal are planning to gazump West Ham’s bid to turn Jesse Lingard’s loan move into a permanent one. https://t.co/4iF0t4LXk1

#Arsenal asked about a potential loan deal of their own before Christmas. Lingard has just 12 months left on his current contract & United would like him to sign another - if only to ensure they get top dollar if they sell. Arsenal could meet his wages of almost £110,000 a week.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:06 pm
According to @dwright75, #Arsenal are planning to gazump West Ham’s bid to turn Jesse Lingard’s loan move into a permanent one. https://t.co/4iF0t4LXk1

#Arsenal asked about a potential loan deal of their own before Christmas. Lingard has just 12 months left on his current contract & United would like him to sign another - if only to ensure they get top dollar if they sell. Arsenal could meet his wages of almost £110,000 a week.
This would be the final straw for me. We've had some scraps and shite from other teams but this cünt would be the nail in the fucking coffin. :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :censored:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:44 pm
Few rumours supposedly on twitter saying Leno is looking to get out of the club.
Surely, when we decided to sell Martinez, the long term future of Leno was discussed?

Losing both Martinez and Leno in the space of 12 months would be awful planning and yet another nail in Edu’s coffin!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

It always ends so well when we sign a United reject doesn't it - Mkhitaryan, Welbeck, Silvestre.....

This is the sort of signing to sum up modern Arsenal. The bloke has been dog shit until a dozen or so games for West Ham this year just in time for the Euros, World Cup and another fat contract. He's also a grade A c.unt - cheque book player. We'll probably sign the c.unt

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Barry White albums at the ready if this useless arsehole leaves :barscarf: He's s useless fucker

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:49 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Barry White albums at the ready if this useless arsehole leaves :barscarf: He's a useless fucker.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:13 pm
I’d love Leno to Fuck off out of our club but I fear each time he goes to walk through the door it will slip through his butter fingers!! :banghead:
This ^^. :lol:

I'd love to see the back of Butter Wrists before he costs us a trophy or a major game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Fuck no. Not this rapey-faced cùnt. :censored:

Another fucking Welbeck / Zaha / Sturridge.... 10 shit games followed by one good game or an outlandish goal, gets hailed as a legend and a superstar by the moronic media, then another 10 shit games, followed by one good game or an outlandish goal, more hysterical praise by the media fucktards, then 10 more shit games etc etc fucking etc.... :roll:

This little arsehole is the very epitome of the Modern Foobler Bluffer. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

As has been said already, signing rejects for manure and chavski has never worked out for us in the past, and it is about time that we showed a bit of pride in our club and stop signing their cast offs.

That being said, that isnt even the biggest reason why I am 100% against signing him - why the fcuk do we need another winger ??? At the mo we have auba, pepe, saka, willian, smith-rowe (should be no.10), and that isnt even including the criminally underused martinelli, so whose brainwave is it to even think about signing another winger ? No back up left full, not one quality right full, piss poor centre midfield, suspect centre halves, and yet we are supposedly looking at bringing in a player in a position where we already have too many :roll: :roll:

Jesus must be all wept out by now :banghead: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I see the little Manc c.unt has just scored for West Ham again - he's on his way!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:42 pm
I see the little Manc c.unt has just scored for West Ham again - he's on his way!
Has 2 now

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:42 pm
Has 2 now
We'll end up paying £20m for the fucker and give him £200k a week to be injured and/or be shit every week won't we?